|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of test was Fireman Benny Carroll studying for in Chapter 3?
(a) Lieutenant's exam.
(b) Chief's exam.
(c) Fire Marshal's exam.
(d) Captain's exam.
2. What orders did the doctors give Smith after his injury from the Prospect Avenue fire?
(a) Do not talk much or smoke for a few weeks.
(b) Do not talk at all.
(c) Do not work for a few weeks.
(d) Get extra sleep.
3. How did the boy sustain the injuries suffered in the incident at Home and Simpson streets in Chapter 2?
(a) He was injured while playing ball.
(b) He was struck by a car.
(c) He was beaten.
(d) He fell from his bike while riding.
4. What did Smith find buried under the rubble at the Charlotte Street apartment in Chapter 5?
(a) A doll.
(b) A child's bike.
(c) A Big Wheel.
(d) A race car set.
5. What was wrong with the furnace room where the firefighters retreated for warmth during the Charlotte Street fire?
(a) It was filled with cockroaches.
(b) The roof had caved in.
(c) It was filled with mice.
(d) The furnace was not working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the firefighters not enter the burning apartment building in Chapter 5?
2. What happened to Dennis as a child involving cockroaches?
3. What injury did the young Hispanic boy suffer during the dinner time call to Home and Simpson streets?
4. How many injured people were found in the Kelly Street apartment?
5. How did Smith view the Kelly Street fire after the culprit was found?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)