|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was responsible for the most malicious false alarms?
2. What was the average daily number of false alarms in New York City during the time period covered by the book?
3. What is one example of a booby trap sometimes left by arsonists?
(a) A piece of linoleum covering a hole in an upper floor.
(b) Gasoline cans that will explode as the fire spreads.
(c) Locked doors to trap firefighters.
(d) Broken glass left on the floors.
4. Why did Smith insist on working in the South Bronx?
(a) He lived close to the South Bronx.
(b) He believed the people there had a right to fire services.
(c) He had relatives there.
(d) The pay was better.
5. How was Fireman Nick Riso injured while responding to a call?
(a) He suffered smoke inhalation.
(b) Someone threw a brick at him while he was responding to a call.
(c) He was injured in a fire.
(d) He was involved in a car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sound of four 5 bells announce at the fire station?
2. What did the naked man on Southern Boulevard wield as a weapon?
3. What was the Kelly Street apartment landlord charged with after the fire?
4. What did the welfare inspector recommend to the welfare agency after the visit?
5. How did the firefighter die in the previous incident mentioned in Chapter 2?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)