|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the average daily number of false alarms in New York City during the time period covered by the book?
2. Who did the firefighters encounter while bringing the hose up the stairs of the burning apartment building on Fox Street?
(a) Two young arsonists.
(b) The woman and two children who lived in the burning apartment.
(c) A young child.
(d) An elderly man fleeing the building.
3. What board game were the firemen playing in Chapter 3?
4. Why did Smith want to re-read the Yeats poem about wise men becoming tense with violence before they can accomplish fate?
(a) He was trying to take his mind off his work.
(b) He was trying to understand what causes some men to willingly go into burning buildings.
(c) He was preparing another letter to the editor.
(d) He was trying to understand the situation of people throwing rocks at firefighters.
5. What happened to the young man seen running from the Kelly Street apartment?
(a) He was burned over 70 percent of his body.
(b) He was pronouced DOA at the hospital.
(c) He fled and never went to the hospital.
(d) He made a full recovery.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the film Smith saw at a recent science fair, how much bigger than the earth is the sun?
2. What happened to Capt. Frimes at the Kelly Street fire?
3. What did the firefighters discover after the police had left the station in Chapter 6?
4. What was the Kelly Street apartment landlord charged with after the fire?
5. How many injured people were found in the Kelly Street apartment?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)