|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Kelly Street apartment landlord charged with after the fire?
(a) One count of murder.
(b) One count of arson.
(c) He was not charged.
(d) Two counts of murder.
2. Who did the firefighters encounter while bringing the hose up the stairs of the burning apartment building on Fox Street?
(a) A young child.
(b) An elderly man fleeing the building.
(c) The woman and two children who lived in the burning apartment.
(d) Two young arsonists.
3. Who was responsible for the fire at the Kelly Street apartments?
(a) One of the renters.
(b) A disgruntled employee.
(c) The landlord.
(d) Someone with a grudge against a resident.
4. What were the "high incidence hours" that Tactical Control Unit 712 became responsible for?
(a) 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.
(b) Noon and 10 p.m.
(c) 6 p.m. and 4 a.m.
(d) 3 p.m. and 1 a.m.
5. What options did the firefighters have when they were trapped between the two blazes at the factory building?
(a) They had no options.
(b) They could jump out the windows or climb to the roof.
(c) They could wait for another team to arrive or jump out the window.
(d) They could all focus on one fire or split up and tackle both.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do firefighters get enough oxygen when a building is thick with smoke?
2. Approximately how many firefighters died each year in New York at the time the book was written?
3. How was a firefighter injured while rescuing a child from a fire on Prospect Avenue?
4. Which two companies were prohibited from responding to the same fire under the new plan?
5. What was the average daily number of false alarms in New York City during the time period covered by the book?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)