|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the firefighters discover after the police had left the station in Chapter 6?
(a) A bullet lodged in a bulletin board near Smith.
(b) A bullet that had ricocheted and landed on the floor of the fire station.
(c) A bullet lodged in a fire truck.
(d) A bullet that hit the alarm system.
2. Why was one of the firefighters upset about the Vietnam War protesters?
(a) He supported the war effort.
(b) He felt they were in college simply because it helped them avoid the draft.
(c) He was upset about the disruption to society.
(d) He felt the protesters did not understand the war.
3. Why did the firefighters have a difficult time getting into one of the Kelly Street apartments?
(a) The door was extremely hot.
(b) The door was barricaded.
(c) The door lacked a doorknob.
(d) The door was locked.
4. Why did the plan not work out?
(a) There was confusion about which company should respond to which fires.
(b) Engine Co. 82 had a dramatic increase in calls.
(c) Ladder Co. 31 had a dramatic increase in calls.
(d) Each company had a dramatic increase in calls.
5. How did the Charlotte Street fire become easier to battle?
(a) The rest of the roof caved in.
(b) Rain began falling.
(c) More firefighters arrived on the scene.
(d) The winds shifted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What orders did the doctors give Smith after his injury from the Prospect Avenue fire?
2. What was the first call the department took the day after the Saint Patrick's Day parade?
3. According to Smith, how should kids who pull malicious false alarms be treated?
4. What did the landlord of the Kelly Street apartments do once the youths had spread the gasoline around?
5. In Smith's view, what needed to happen before people stopped assaulting firefighters?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)