|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Charlotte Street fire become easier to battle?
(a) Rain began falling.
(b) The rest of the roof caved in.
(c) The winds shifted.
(d) More firefighters arrived on the scene.
2. Why did the men take turns manning the hose while battling the apartment building fire in Chapter 5?
(a) Because they were sleepy.
(b) Because they were physically tired.
(c) To get a break from the cold weather.
(d) Because some of them were in training.
3. What injury did the young Hispanic boy suffer during the dinner time call to Home and Simpson streets?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) Abrasions and bruises.
(d) A broken neck.
4. How old was Tina when Smith first met her?
5. In Smith's description, how does the life of a firefighter differ from that of other city workers?
(a) They are the least respected of all city workers.
(b) They are the most respected of all city workers.
(c) They are the brave ones.
(d) When he leaves in the morning, he may not come home alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the last false alarm of the day called from, at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Approximately how many calls did Engine Co. 82 respond to the year before the book was written?
3. What were the "high incidence hours" that Tactical Control Unit 712 became responsible for?
4. Who was the second injured person found by firefighters at the Home and Simpson streets intersection, and how was he injured?
5. How did the firefighters save the life of the overdose victim on Hoe Avenue?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)