|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Dennis as a child involving cockroaches?
(a) He had discovered dozens of cockroaches in the refrigerator.
(b) He had woken up at night to find himself covered with cockroaches.
(c) He had accidentally eaten a cockroach hidden in food.
(d) He had drunk from a bottle and almost swallowed a cockroach.
2. Why do some kids pull false fire alarms, according to the book?
(a) They are neglected and want to see the excitement of fire trucks racing
(b) They do not understand that the alarms will trigger visits by the fire department.
(c) They dare one another.
(d) They are hired to pull alarms by arsonists.
3. Which two companies were prohibited from responding to the same fire under the new plan?
(a) 82 and 90.
(b) 82 and 92.
(c) 85 and 87.
(d) 82 and 85.
4. What job did Smith take when he quit high school?
(a) Driving a cab.
(b) Delivering food.
(c) Delivering flowers.
(d) Delivering for a Chinese restaurant.
5. Why did the men take turns manning the hose while battling the apartment building fire in Chapter 5?
(a) Because they were sleepy.
(b) To get a break from the cold weather.
(c) Because they were physically tired.
(d) Because some of them were in training.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Smith drop out of school?
2. What were the "high incidence hours" that Tactical Control Unit 712 became responsible for?
3. Why did the plan not work out?
4. How did the firefighter die in the previous incident mentioned in Chapter 2?
5. Why did the firefighters not enter the burning apartment building in Chapter 5?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)