|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the firefighter die in the previous incident mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) He was badly burned in a fire.
(b) He fell off the fire truck as it rounded a corner and died from his injuries.
(c) He suffered a heart attack.
(d) He died of smoke inhalation while battling a fire.
2. How old was Tina when Smith first met her?
3. How much did the air pack weigh that Fireman Bill Kelsey put on his back while responding to the Southern Boulevard fire call in Chapter 8?
(a) Twenty pounds.
(b) Twenty-five pounds.
(c) Thirty pounds.
(d) Forty pounds.
4. What injury did the young Hispanic boy suffer during the dinner time call to Home and Simpson streets?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A broken neck.
(c) Abrasions and bruises.
(d) A broken leg.
5. How did Smith's attitude toward cockroaches change as an adult?
(a) He used to fear them; now he resents them.
(b) He used to fear them; now he simply hates them.
(c) His attitude does not change and he continues to fear them.
(d) He used to fear them; now he sees that they are part of the lancscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Smith take when he quit high school?
2. Why did the firefighters not enter the burning apartment building in Chapter 5?
3. Why did the firemen call for police assistance while battling the Fox Street fire in Chapter 8?
4. What were the "high incidence hours" that Tactical Control Unit 712 became responsible for?
5. How would firefighters have designed a building differently to make firefighting easier, according to Smith?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)