1. To which publication did Dennis Smith write a letter that caught the attention of editors?
(a) New York Times.
(b) New York Times Book Review.
(c) Time magazine.
(d) Washington Post.
2. Which magazine asked Smith to write about firefighters?
3. In which city did Smith serve?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
4. For which time period did Smith work as a firefighter in the South Bronx?
5. To what experience does Smith compare his work for the fire department in the Introduction?
(b) Police work.
6. How did Smith remember details for the book while working full-time?
(a) Byinterviewing fellow firefighters,
(b) By dictating into a tape recorder.
(c) By simply relying on his memory.
(d) By writing daily.
7. Which Irish writer did Smith discuss in his letter to the editor?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(b) William Butler Yeats.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Samuel Beckett.
8. In which borough did Smith serve?
(a) South Bronx.
(b) Lower East Side.
This section contains 6,157 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)