|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is featured in the gift that Pamela gives Jeff before he dies?
2. What town do Jeff and Pam meet in for a quiet dinner, before his next scheduled death?
3. How does Jeff explain the call from Pamela to his wife.
4. How does Pamela first contact Jeff during his fourth life?
5. What do Jeff and Pamela want in exchange for their predictions?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what point can Jeff and Pamela no longer give the U.S. government operative with important, accurate information?
2. How do Jeff and Pamela end their lives some years after talking with Stuart and why? What is their hope for the future?
3. Describe Stuart's offering of appeasement as he explains it to Jeff and Pamela.
4. What makes Jeff realize that his past lives are memories for him that never existed for the people in them?
5. Why is Jeff's farm a special place for Jeff and Pamela?
6. What concern does Pamela discuss with Jeff on their sailing trip?
7. How do Jeff and Pamela plan to find more replayers like themselves?
8. What does Stuart tell Jeff and Pamela about the aliens?
9. What are Pamela's emotions as she sends her children away from Jeff's farm to return to their father?
10. Describe Jeff's college career when he returns from summer vacation in the replay where Pamela is much younger than Jeff.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between tone and mood? What was the tone of this novel? What was the mood? Was it consistent throughout or did it vary? Define the terms tone and mood and use examples from the text to support your thoughts.
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary theme of Replay? How does Ken Grimwood, the author of Replay, present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Replay. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story? Give examples from Replay to support your conclusions.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)