|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jeff living when he is finally contacted by Pamela?
2. What convinced Pamela's parents to allow her to date the much older Jeff?
3. When they meet again in Jeff's sixth replay, why doesn't Pamela want to have more contact with him?
4. What important information do Jeff and Pamela share with reporters during a press conference after their predictions have come true?
5. Where do Jeff and Pamela go sailing after her high school graduation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What glitch occurs when Jeff sets out to rekindle his relationship with Pamela after they re-enter their first replay?
2. Describe Jeff's college career when he returns from summer vacation in the replay where Pamela is much younger than Jeff.
3. What idea does Jeff have to help them get some answers about replaying and why does he want answers?
4. Once Pamela finally arrives back into the replay, what plans do she and Jeff develop to stay together?
5. What is different about death for Jeff and Pamela after they have fallen in love in their first life together?
6. Why do Jeff and Pamela distance themselves from each other while being held by the U.S. government?
7. What are Jeff and Pamela's impressions of Stuart before they meet him and after they've had a chance to talk with him privately?
8. What concern does Pamela discuss with Jeff on their sailing trip?
9. Why is Jeff's farm a special place for Jeff and Pamela?
10. Describe Stuart's life until his first death in 1988.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term flashback as it applies to literature. How are flashbacks used in Replay? Discuss one flashback in detail, focusing on the meaning and purpose of the flashback. How does it add to the story? How does it detract from the story line? Use examples to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Define foreshadowing in your essay. Identify and discuss three points of foreshadowing from the novel. Did the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not? Use examples from the novel to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
What is an antagonist? Discuss the role of the antagonist of this novel in detail, relating the antagonist specifically to the type of conflict featured. Cite the text to support your position.
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)