|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the government-owned facility that Jeff and Pamela visit with the U.S. government operative?
2. What do Jeff and Pam do shortly before Jeff's fourth death?
3. What unusual attribute do the people have in the gift that Pamela gives Jeff before he dies?
4. Who is the U.S. government operative that "investigates" Jeff and Pamela?
5. Who refuses to talk to Jeff through the remainder of his fifth replay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Jeff have to help them get some answers about replaying and why does he want answers?
2. How does Jeff use isolation to build a happy life with Linda?
3. What is different about death for Jeff and Pamela after they have fallen in love in their first life together?
4. Describe Stuart's life until his first death in 1988.
5. Why is Jeff's farm a special place for Jeff and Pamela?
6. How does Jeff entertain Pamela's kids when they come to visit his farm?
7. Why do Jeff and Pamela distance themselves from each other while being held by the U.S. government?
8. How do Jeff and Pamela end their lives some years after talking with Stuart and why? What is their hope for the future?
9. How do Jeff and Pamela plan to find more replayers like themselves?
10. What glitch occurs when Jeff sets out to rekindle his relationship with Pamela after they re-enter their first replay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is the contrast between the expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony used in the book. Which type of irony is it? Compare the expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 2
Using the novel for support, compare and contrast Jeff and Pamela as major characters in Replay, focusing on their replays, as well as character traits and flaws.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also relate the differences and similarities of conflict and crisis in regards to Replay.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)