|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jeff and Pam tell the government operative about the Vietnam war?
2. When Jeff begins to live his life for the fourth time, who is in bed with him?
3. What dictator does the U.S. operative deny that the government assassinated?
4. What does Jeff do with his first gambling winnings the fourth time he relives his life?
5. When is Stuart released from the institution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jeff's farm a special place for Jeff and Pamela?
2. Once Pamela finally arrives back into the replay, what plans do she and Jeff develop to stay together?
3. After Jeff and Pamela fall in love, how do both use (or not use) foreknowledge in their careers? How does their love inspire them?
4. Describe Jeff's college career when he returns from summer vacation in the replay where Pamela is much younger than Jeff.
5. Briefly discuss Jeff's interviews with men who have endured isolation. Who were they and why did they choose to endure isolation?
6. Jeff and Pamela try to make big, positive changes once they go public with their predictions. Do these changes seem to work?
7. At what point can Jeff and Pamela no longer give the U.S. government operative with important, accurate information?
8. Describe Stuart's offering of appeasement as he explains it to Jeff and Pamela.
9. How do Jeff and Pamela plan to find more replayers like themselves?
10. What are Pamela's emotions as she sends her children away from Jeff's farm to return to their father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define exposition and discuss exposition as used in this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition used in Replay? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Using the novel for support, compare and contrast Jeff and Pamela as major characters in Replay, focusing on their replays, as well as character traits and flaws.
Essay Topic 3
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Explain the conflict in detail, using both the definition and examples from Replay to support your claims.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)