|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is also a replayer?
2. What object in Jeff's second relived life is a symbol of shame and guilt.
3. What computer company did Jeff invest in at the ground level?
4. Who is Jeff with when he begins to relive his life the second time?
5. What is unusual about Jeff's father in his first replay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who begins helping Jeff make money soon after re-entering into his first replay and why does Jeff enlist a partner?
2. Why does Jeff's business partner dissolve their partnership during his first replay?
3. What makes Judy decide to abruptly end her date with Jeff during his first replay?
4. Why does the bridge at Jeff's old boarding school hold such guilt for him? Explain the circumstances.
5. What does Jeff learn when he and Sharla begin to fight before boarding their plane?
6. In what way is Jeff like the professor he and Judy run into on their Chapter 3 date during Jeff's first replay?
7. What is Jeff's secret regarding Jamaica secret? Why does he make this decision?
8. How does Jeff convince himself he has gone back in time to a different era of his life after his first death?
9. Describe Jeff and Sharla's breakup during his first replay.
10. How does Jeff make a lot of money soon after re-entering into his first replay? Why is it fool-proof?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define exposition and discuss exposition as used in this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition used in Replay? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of wheels as a motif in this novel. Be sure to define motif in your response. Use examples from the book to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between tone and mood? What was the tone of this novel? What was the mood? Was it consistent throughout or did it vary? Define the terms tone and mood and use examples from the text to support your thoughts.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)