|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeff return to when he comes back to life for the third time?
2. Who is boarding a plane in Sacramento with Jeff in his third relived life?
3. Who hones his black jack skills in Las Vegas?
4. What is unusual about Jeff's father in his first replay?
5. How much money does Jeff place on his first bet in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major historical event does Jeff try to alter during his first replay? What is the result of his tampering?
2. What makes Judy decide to abruptly end her date with Jeff during his first replay?
3. Describe Jeff and Sharla's breakup during his first replay.
4. What is Future, Inc., and how did it come into being?
5. How does Jeff convince himself he has gone back in time to a different era of his life after his first death?
6. Why does the bridge at Jeff's old boarding school hold such guilt for him? Explain the circumstances.
7. How does Jeff make a lot of money soon after re-entering into his first replay? Why is it fool-proof?
8. What one thing does Jeff see as a positive change he was able to make in his first replay?
9. Who was Pamela's famous ex-husband? Explain what her third replay was like.
10. Why does Jeff's business partner dissolve their partnership during his first replay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define symbolism. Discuss what the boarding school bridge symbolizes in this novel. How does this symbol relate to the story? Why is this an important aspect of symbolism in the novel? Reference the book as needed to help formulate and support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Explain the conflict in detail, using both the definition and examples from Replay to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between tone and mood? What was the tone of this novel? What was the mood? Was it consistent throughout or did it vary? Define the terms tone and mood and use examples from the text to support your thoughts.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)