|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Jeff earn from his first bet in Chapter 3?
2. What are the odds of Jeff's choice winning the World Series in Chapter 5?
3. What town does Jeff drive to when he needs to buy farm supplies?
4. Whose home is in Topanga Canyon?
5. How much money does Jeff place on his first bet in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jeff's secret regarding Jamaica secret? Why does he make this decision?
2. Why does Jeff's business partner dissolve their partnership during his first replay?
3. Describe Jeff's wife in his first replay. What is his relationship with her like?
4. Who begins helping Jeff make money soon after re-entering into his first replay and why does Jeff enlist a partner?
5. Who was Pamela's famous ex-husband? Explain what her third replay was like.
6. What major historical event does Jeff try to alter during his first replay? What is the result of his tampering?
7. What makes Judy decide to abruptly end her date with Jeff during his first replay?
8. How does Jeff make a lot of money soon after re-entering into his first replay? Why is it fool-proof?
9. What keeps Jeff from connecting with his wife Linda during his first replay?
10. How does Pamela try to prove her replay to a psychiatrist in a previous life? What goes wrong with her attempt and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Explain the conflict in detail, using both the definition and examples from Replay to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between the expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony used in the book. Which type of irony is it? Compare the expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between major and minor characters in literature. Discuss Jeff and Pamela as major characters and select two other characters to analyze as minor characters. How do the major and minor characters fit your definition?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)