|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeff explain the call from Pamela to his wife.
(a) Told her the truth.
(b) Said it was work.
(c) Said it was Martin.
(d) Didn't offer an explanation.
2. How does Pamela want to discuss the troubling topic she raises on her sailing trip with Jeff?
(a) By buying a ring soon.
(b) By putting an ad in the paper.
(c) By getting married that evening.
(d) By enrolling in the next semester of college.
3. What landmark is featured in the gift that Pamela gives Jeff before he dies?
(a) The college he attended.
(b) Jeff's creek.
(c) His daughter's tombstone.
(d) Mount Shasta.
4. What troubling topic does Pamela bring up on her sailing trip with Jeff?
(a) The time discrepancy in their replays.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) His inability to commit.
(d) She doesn't really love him.
5. What imagery is featured in the art at the New York exhibit Jeff attends?
(a) Mountains and children.
(b) Dolphins and undersea mountains.
(c) Flowers and ponds.
(d) Aliens and police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an Antarean?
2. Why does Jeff want to send the money he and Pamela receive in the mail back to its senders?
3. When is Jeff scheduled to die again?
4. Who is the U.S. government operative that "investigates" Jeff and Pamela?
5. What do Jeff and Pam tell the government operative about the Middle East?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Jeff realize that his past lives are memories for him that never existed for the people in them?
2. What are Pamela's emotions as she sends her children away from Jeff's farm to return to their father?
3. After Jeff and Pamela fall in love, how do both use (or not use) foreknowledge in their careers? How does their love inspire them?
4. Describe Stuart's life until his first death in 1988.
5. Jeff dies while in a good relationship with Linda then is replayed into a failed marriage with her. What has changed and what does Jeff do?
6. Why is Jeff's farm a special place for Jeff and Pamela?
7. How does the U.S. government operative use the information he gets from Jeff and Pamela?
8. What glitch occurs when Jeff sets out to rekindle his relationship with Pamela after they re-enter their first replay?
9. How does Jeff entertain Pamela's kids when they come to visit his farm?
10. What concern does Pamela discuss with Jeff on their sailing trip?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)