|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeff explain the call from Pamela to his wife.
(a) Told her the truth.
(b) Said it was Martin.
(c) Said it was work.
(d) Didn't offer an explanation.
2. In what state does the stranger live that invites Jeff and Pamela to visit in Jeff's fourth life?
(c) New York.
3. What town do Jeff and Pam meet in for a quiet dinner, before his next scheduled death?
(d) Ann Arbor.
4. What prize does Jeff win with his book, Harps upon the Willows?
5. Who was the Nobel-prize winning author Jeff interviews for a book?
(a) Samuel Clemens.
(b) Alexander Haigg.
(c) Alexander Solzhenitsyn.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeff awaken to begin his sixth replay?
2. Where does the stranger that invites Jeff and Pamela to visit in Jeff's fourth life live?
3. What trade does Stuart take up when he moves out of his parents' house?
4. What is Jeff's book about?
5. What condition was the stranger in that Pamela and Jeff go visit when he began to replay his own life the first three times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss Jeff's interviews with men who have endured isolation. Who were they and why did they choose to endure isolation?
2. How do Jeff and Pamela plan to find more replayers like themselves?
3. Describe Stuart's offering of appeasement as he explains it to Jeff and Pamela.
4. What glitch occurs when Jeff sets out to rekindle his relationship with Pamela after they re-enter their first replay?
5. What agreement do Jeff and Pamela work out with a U. S. government operative?
6. How do Jeff and Pamela end their lives some years after talking with Stuart and why? What is their hope for the future?
7. What are Pamela's emotions as she sends her children away from Jeff's farm to return to their father?
8. Why do Jeff and Pamela distance themselves from each other while being held by the U.S. government?
9. At what point can Jeff and Pamela no longer give the U.S. government operative with important, accurate information?
10. How does Pamela find Jeff in Boston when she finally returns to her replay?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)