|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jeff and Pamela do once their first broadcast predictions come true?
(a) They have a baby.
(b) They make financial predictions.
(c) They hold a press conference.
(d) They beg for help.
2. How does Jeff leave the city where he met Pam for dinner before his third death?
(a) In a pine casket.
(b) By train.
(c) By ferry.
(d) On a plane.
3. When does Pam hope to start dating Jeff during his fourth life?
(a) When she can sneak away.
(b) When she is 16.
(c) When Jeff can move closer.
(d) When she is 21.
4. Where does the stranger that invites Jeff and Pamela to visit in Jeff's fourth life live?
(a) In a monastery.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) In a mental hospital.
(d) In a convent.
5. How does Pamela first contact Jeff during his fourth life?
(a) By telegram.
(b) By telepathic waves.
(c) By phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Stuart's father have?
2. Who is the U.S. government operative that "investigates" Jeff and Pamela?
3. Why, according to Jeff in his sixth replay, does he have a vasectomy?
4. What is an Antarean?
5. Who stands in the way of Pamela and Jeff's relationship during his fourth life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Pamela's second film and why was it a flop?
2. What idea does Jeff have to help them get some answers about replaying and why does he want answers?
3. What concern does Pamela discuss with Jeff on their sailing trip?
4. Briefly discuss Jeff's interviews with men who have endured isolation. Who were they and why did they choose to endure isolation?
5. What is different about death for Jeff and Pamela after they have fallen in love in their first life together?
6. What agreement do Jeff and Pamela work out with a U. S. government operative?
7. Describe Stuart's life until his first death in 1988.
8. What makes Jeff realize that his past lives are memories for him that never existed for the people in them?
9. Jeff and Pamela try to make big, positive changes once they go public with their predictions. Do these changes seem to work?
10. How does Jeff entertain Pamela's kids when they come to visit his farm?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)