|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the ascent back to the Endeavour, who is the last to leave the plain on Rama?
2. What is constructed from six empty storage drums held together by a light metal framework?
(a) The Resolution.
(b) A raft.
(c) The Cook.
(d) A pontoon boat.
3. Why does Sergeant Barns throw out the Resolution's anchor?
(a) To test the depth of the water under the boat.
(b) To keep the boat stationary.
(c) To break up the sea foam around the boat.
(d) To give Jimmy a way to climb into the boat.
4. What does Jimmy grab off of the back of the crab-like creature?
(a) A backpack.
(b) Food and drink.
(c) A map.
(d) A communicator.
5. What does the Commander decide to do about the priority message to earth?
(a) Send a message to the Church.
(b) Prohibits the use of the priority message system for personal use.
(c) Send a message to the Committee asking permission to notify the church.
(d) Send a message to the Committee and copy the Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Ambassador from Mercury, what is stored in a central information bank within Rama?
2. Why is the color of the Cylindrical Sea different?
3. Why does Hub Control monitor Jimmy's altitude?
4. What knocks over the equipment left behind at evacuation from hurricanes?
5. What does Jimmy do immediately before he jumps off of the 500-meter cliff to be rescued?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 23, why is Ravi McAndrews considered one of the last people on the Endeavour to normally engage in a technical discussion?
2. Why does Norton order the Revolution to return to shore as quickly as possible after seeing the giant starfish?
3. How is it possible that the spider-like creature sneaks up on Norton, Rodrigo, Calvert, and Ernst while they are watching the evening news telecast?
4. Why is it the case that some planets in the solar system are not represented in the United Planets?
5. What are some of the ways the Commander considered to travel to the South Pole?
6. Explain the differences Jimmy Pak observed in the southern and northern ends of Rama.
7. Who is the only member of the crew that seems comfortable with the sights now illuminated on Rama?
8. Describe the flower that Jimmy Pak finds on Rama.
9. Why is it necessary for the sailors on the Resolution to keep their heads above water if the boat capsizes?
10. Why is Chapter 17 entitled "Spring'?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)