|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were there many photographs taken of New York?
(a) To make a jigsaw puzzle.
(b) To prove the team visited New York.
(c) To use to construct an accurate scale model of the city.
(d) To look at the images for missed patterns.
2. Why is the color of the Cylindrical Sea different?
(a) The organic soup has evolved into life.
(b) The intensity of the artificial light changes the color.
(c) Lack of oxygen in the water smothered the organic compounds in the water.
(d) A reflection from the buildings changes the color.
3. What is constructed from six empty storage drums held together by a light metal framework?
(a) A raft.
(b) The Resolution.
(c) A pontoon boat.
(d) The Cook.
4. How many members are there in the United Planets?
5. Where is Jimmy trying to land the Dragonfly in order to assure his survival?
(a) Near the axis.
(b) Near the Resolution.
(c) On land.
(d) In New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the statement, "Someone is walking over your grave," come to Jimmy's mind as he starts the return trip to the Hub?
2. What does Jimmy do immediately before he jumps off of the 500-meter cliff to be rescued?
3. Where do the pieces of Jimmy's sky-bike end up?
4. According to Chapter 36, who is on watch, sometimes for twelve hours at a time and, therefore, knows more about the geography of Rama than anyone?
5. According to Chapter 24, what is smuggled on board the Endeavour?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first creature that is encountered on Rama.
2. According to Chapter 23, why is Ravi McAndrews considered one of the last people on the Endeavour to normally engage in a technical discussion?
3. Why is "Dragonfly" a good name for Jimmy Pak's sky-bike?
4. Why does Norton order the Revolution to return to shore as quickly as possible after seeing the giant starfish?
5. Why does Jerry Kirchoff make facetious comments to Norton and Rousseau in Chapters 36 and 37?
6. How is it possible that the spider-like creature sneaks up on Norton, Rodrigo, Calvert, and Ernst while they are watching the evening news telecast?
7. Explain the supposed similarities between a termite colony and Rama.
8. Describe the flower that Jimmy Pak finds on Rama.
9. How does Commander Norton feel about Boris Rodrigo's request to send a priority message to the Mother Church?
10. Commander Norton speculates about the origin of the lights on Rama. What are some of his theories?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)