|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a novel idea about how to reach the southern continent?
(a) Jimmy Pak.
(b) Ravi McAndrews.
(c) Bill Norton.
(d) Ruby Barnes.
2. How many smaller spikes surround the immense central spike?
3. According to Chapter 37, Mercury sends a missile to Rama, which stops fifty kilometers from Rama to do what?
(a) Set up a sateffite dish in a parallel orbit to Rama.
(b) Send a non-verbal message to Commander Norton.
(c) Radiate a standard beacon frequency.
(d) Survey Rama usingTV cameras.
4. What scenery does Jimmy encounter as he walks?
(a) A path covered with woven wire.
(b) A completely flat surface with no scenery.
(c) A field that looks like a gigantic game of checkers.
(d) Many giant squares containing materials of differing textures.
5. Who asks the Commander to send a priority message to the earth?
(a) Dr. Taylor.
(b) Laura Ernst.
(c) Boris Rodrigo.
(d) Dr. Petera.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the ascent back to the Endeavour, who is the last to leave the plain on Rama?
2. According to Chapter 35, how many times in the past has the Commander received a Triple-A priority message?
3. What is the nickname of the big spike that Jimmy explores?
4. Where is Jimmy trying to land the Dragonfly in order to assure his survival?
5. As Norton pulls himself up the last hundred meters of the ladder, what is forming in the interior of Rama?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the ways the Commander considered to travel to the South Pole?
2. How is it possible that the spider-like creature sneaks up on Norton, Rodrigo, Calvert, and Ernst while they are watching the evening news telecast?
3. Why does Jerry Kirchoff make facetious comments to Norton and Rousseau in Chapters 36 and 37?
4. Who is the only member of the crew that seems comfortable with the sights now illuminated on Rama?
5. Why does Norton order the Revolution to return to shore as quickly as possible after seeing the giant starfish?
6. What are some of the ways that are considered to rescue Jimmy Pak?
7. Explain the differences Jimmy Pak observed in the southern and northern ends of Rama.
8. Describe the first creature that is encountered on Rama.
9. Commander Norton speculates about the origin of the lights on Rama. What are some of his theories?
10. Why is it necessary for the sailors on the Resolution to keep their heads above water if the boat capsizes?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)