|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the seating order of the delegates from the United Planets?
(a) In order by distance from the Sun.
(b) Informally, according to arrival and personal choice.
(c) In order by their population density.
2. Dr. Ernst cautioned Jimmy Pak to avoid something while on the trip with Dragonfly. What?
(a) Avoid getting hungry.
(b) Avoid overexertion.
(c) Avoid getting a sunburn.
(d) Avoid crashing.
3. Why does the statement, "Someone is walking over your grave," come to Jimmy's mind as he starts the return trip to the Hub?
(a) He knows he's as good as dead if he is too slow to return.
(b) He senses that the Commander is displeased with him.
(c) He has a curious feeling of foreboding.
(d) He feels very serious.
4. What protects the explorers from falling off of the ladder when the lights go on?
(a) Zero gravity.
(b) Sticky boots.
(c) Individual belt clips.
(d) Space suits.
5. What is Commander Norton doing when his executive officer notifis him of a Triple-A priority message awaiting him?
(a) Returning to shore on the Revolution.
(b) Exploring New York.
(c) Dreaming about Mars.
(d) Helping Ernst dissect a spider-like creature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Commander Norton once fallen in love with a Hermian woman, but did not marry her?
2. What do the scavenger biots break down overnight, much to the dismay of Ruby Barnes?
3. Why is the color of the Cylindrical Sea different?
4. What maneuver is Jimmy unsure of how to perform with Dragonfly?
5. What challenge occurs very soon after Jimmy is pulled into the Revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the differences Jimmy Pak observed in the southern and northern ends of Rama.
2. Why is Jimmy Pak able to remain calm as he struggles to land the sky-bike?
3. What are some of the ways the Commander considered to travel to the South Pole?
4. Why did the Commander delay explaining the method they were going to use to Jimmy?
5. Explain the supposed similarities between a termite colony and Rama.
6. What was different about the atmosphere after the ice thawed and the lights came on?
7. What are some of the ways that are considered to rescue Jimmy Pak?
8. How does Commander Norton feel about Boris Rodrigo's request to send a priority message to the Mother Church?
9. Why does Jerry Kirchoff make facetious comments to Norton and Rousseau in Chapters 36 and 37?
10. Why is Chapter 17 entitled "Spring'?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)