|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks fluent Simplish?
2. What is the origin of the name of object 31/149?
(a) Roman mythology.
(b) Greek mythology.
(c) Hindu mythology.
(d) Norse mythology.
3. What location is home to more than a million people who had their hearing permanently damaged in 2077?
4. How many asteroids are being discovered by PROJECT SPACEGUARD by the year 2130?
(a) Five a month.
(b) A thousand in 120 years.
(c) Two hundred a year.
(d) Twelve a day.
5. According to Chapter 1, what happens after the initial shock wore off in 2077?
(a) The wealth of the world was squandered as many countries attempted to destroy weapons launched at their citizens.
(b) Skills long forgotten were revived and taught in colleges and universities.
(c) The people of Earth became united and determined.
(d) A great war broke out that caused losses of more than a trillion dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first city to be visited by the Commander and the other explorers?
2. Rama is compared to what ordinary object?
3. Who does the Commander depend on to land the Endeavour?
4. In Chapter 5, what streams from the newly-opened pillbox "like dazzling diamonds as the brilliant sunlight caught them"?
5. Most asteroids tracked by Spaceguard are described as having this sort of orbit.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 4, what unusual action was taken so that Rama could intercept Rama?
2. According to Chapter 5, what does the exploration party think of the design of Rama? How does this affect their EVA mission?
3. What is discovered about Rama once it is photographed by the cameras released by Sita?
4. Why is Commander Norton concerned about how Boris Rodrigo may react after disembarking to explore Rama?
5. What lesson does Commander Norton believe he has learned after seeing the Straight Valley?
6. What were the characteristics of the object known as 31/439 that set it apart from other asteroids?
7. What things surprised Commander Norton about Rama while he was waiting to exit the Endeavour to explore Rama?
8. Why will the equipment at Camp Alpha be left behind at the end of the exploration of Rama?
9. SPACEGUARD computers are used for what purpose?
10. Why did Commander Norton feel a kinship with a long-dead Egyptologist?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)