|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Dr. Bose?
(a) Sixty-three years old.
(b) Seventy-nine years old.
(c) Eighty-nine years old.
(d) One hundred fifteen years old.
2. Who is the first Character introduced in Chapter 2?
(a) Dr. Stenton.
(b) Commander Norton
(c) Professor Davidson
(d) Dr. Price.
3. How does Commander Norton feel about landing on Rama?
(a) Filled with trepedation.
(b) A healthy dose of caution.
(c) A mixture of elation and anxiety.
(d) A sense of danger and surprise.
4. What surprises Commander Norton as he approached Rama for the rendezvous?
(a) That Jupiter VIII is slightly larger than Rama.
(b) Rama's overwhelming size.
(c) The realization that Rama's mass is smaller than predicted.
(d) That landing on the Moon or Mars is easier than landing on Rama.
5. What slides out of the wall of the pillbox-shaped structure?
(a) A claw.
(b) A tentacle.
(c) Crossed bars.
(d) A wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rama is compared to what ordinary object?
2. What does the Commander and his companion use to move around on Rama after landing?
3. How does the book describe the world's population at the end of the 21st century?
4. Most asteroids tracked by Spaceguard are described as having this sort of orbit.
5. In Chapter 5, what streams from the newly-opened pillbox "like dazzling diamonds as the brilliant sunlight caught them"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What precautions are taken to ensure the safety of the exploration crew? Why is it unnecessary to supply breathing gear on Rama?
2. What precautions are taken to ensure the exploration party will be safe on Rama?
3. According to Chapter 5, what does the exploration party think of the design of Rama? How does this affect their EVA mission?
4. What is discovered about Rama once it is photographed by the cameras released by Sita?
5. What do believers in the Pandora movement believe in?
6. What lesson does Commander Norton believe he has learned after seeing the Straight Valley?
7. Why did Commander Norton feel a kinship with a long-dead Egyptologist?
8. SPACEGUARD computers are used for what purpose?
9. What do the members of the Rama Committee think of Commander Norton?
10. Describe the theories put forth to the Rama Committee about the age of Rama.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)