|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what potential danger concerns Jimmy as he begins his adventure?
(a) Flying creatures.
2. What scenery does Jimmy encounter as he walks?
(a) A completely flat surface with no scenery.
(b) A field that looks like a gigantic game of checkers.
(c) A path covered with woven wire.
(d) Many giant squares containing materials of differing textures.
3. What knocks over the equipment left behind at evacuation from hurricanes?
(a) An earthquake.
(c) A mysterious presence.
(d) The wind.
4. What does the Commander decide to do about the priority message to earth?
(a) Prohibits the use of the priority message system for personal use.
(b) Send a message to the Church.
(c) Send a message to the Committee asking permission to notify the church.
(d) Send a message to the Committee and copy the Church.
5. When on top of the levee at the far side of the city, what concerns Norton?
(a) Signs of life started to appear suddenly.
(b) The wall is apparently part of a prison.
(c) The complexity of the levee.
(d) There is no apparent means of access to the southern hemisphere.
6. According to Chapter 37, Mercury sends a missile to Rama, which stops fifty kilometers from Rama to do what?
(a) Radiate a standard beacon frequency.
(b) Survey Rama usingTV cameras.
(c) Send a non-verbal message to Commander Norton.
(d) Set up a sateffite dish in a parallel orbit to Rama.
7. How many smaller spikes surround the immense central spike?
8. There is speculation that New York gets its raw materials from where?
(a) The atmosphere.
(b) From within the sealed buildings.
(c) The sea.
(d) The strong light source.
9. What creatures start disassembling the broken monster in the Cylindrical Sea?
(a) Crab-like creatures.
(b) Starfish-like creatures.
(c) Lobster-like creatures.
(d) Coral-like creatures.
10. How long does it take the disturbance in Chapter 17 to subside?
(a) One hour.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Two hours.
11. Mercer suggests that New York is intended to make what?
(b) Promordial soup.
(c) A breathable atmosphere.
(d) Raw materials.
12. What location on Rama is known not to be infested with spider-like creatures?
(a) New York.
(c) Southern Hemisphere.
(d) Northern Hemisphere.
13. What is the seating order of the delegates from the United Planets?
(a) In order by distance from the Sun.
(c) Informally, according to arrival and personal choice.
(d) In order by their population density.
14. According to Chapter 35, how many times in the past has the Commander received a Triple-A priority message?
(a) About once a year.
(b) Never before.
(c) Three times in his career.
(d) Once earlier the same year.
15. Hub Control diagnoses the problem at the sixth small spike as resulting from what?
(a) Psychological factors.
(b) Battery drain.
(c) An intense magnetic field.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 18, how many "linear suns" switched on?
2. What is a sticky-bomb?
3. What challenge occurs very soon after Jimmy is pulled into the Revolution?
4. What is strange about the large crab-like creature that JImmy sees after he crashes?
5. As Norton pulls himself up the last hundred meters of the ladder, what is forming in the interior of Rama?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)