|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to examine the spider-like creature?
2. What do the Rama Committee members want to find evidence, or lack thereof, on Rama?
(d) Natural resources.
3. Who asks the Commander to send a priority message to the earth?
(a) Dr. Taylor.
(b) Dr. Petera.
(c) Boris Rodrigo.
(d) Laura Ernst.
4. Who is certified to navigate the Cylindrical Sea?
(c) Boris and Jimmy.
(d) Ruby and Boris.
5. What is thrown down the face of the cliff after midnight by Pieter Rousseau?
(a) A tube of toothpaste.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A scalpel to be used for dissection.
(d) A small can labeled, "concentrated orange juice."
6. What does Jimmy do while circling New York?
(b) Record video.
(c) Look for signs of life.
(d) Try to understand the complexity of the panorama.
7. In Chapter 26, what potential danger concerns Jimmy as he begins his adventure?
(a) Flying creatures.
8. According to Chapter 35, how many times in the past has the Commander received a Triple-A priority message?
(a) Three times in his career.
(b) About once a year.
(c) Once earlier the same year.
(d) Never before.
9. Where is Jimmy trying to land the Dragonfly in order to assure his survival?
(a) Near the Resolution.
(b) In New York.
(c) Near the axis.
(d) On land.
10. What is a sticky-bomb?
(a) Freeze-dried food.
(b) A small bomb that sticks to its target.
(c) A sphere the size of a baseball that plays out a thread.
(d) A microphone that sticks to Jimmy's uniform.
11. According to the Ambassador from Mercury, what did everyone fail to consider about Rama?
(a) The possibility of nonbiological survival on Rama.
(b) That Rama is really a comet.
(c) That there is oxygen on Rama.
(d) That Rama can be mined for raw materials.
12. What does the Commander decide to do about the priority message to earth?
(a) Prohibits the use of the priority message system for personal use.
(b) Send a message to the Church.
(c) Send a message to the Committee asking permission to notify the church.
(d) Send a message to the Committee and copy the Church.
13. What is the nickname of the big spike that Jimmy explores?
(a) The Spikemonster.
(c) Little Big Horn.
(d) Big Horn.
14. As Norton pulls himself up the last hundred meters of the ladder, what is forming in the interior of Rama?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A volcano.
(d) Trade winds.
15. What does Jimmy grab off of the back of the crab-like creature?
(a) A communicator.
(b) A map.
(c) A backpack.
(d) Food and drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. When explorers return after 48 hours, what surprise awaits on Rama?
2. What is constructed from six empty storage drums held together by a light metal framework?
3. Dr. Ernst cautioned Jimmy Pak to avoid something while on the trip with Dragonfly. What?
4. When the explorers cross the Cylindrical Sea, where do they go first?
5. What is more disconcerting to Norton while in New York as compared to the plains of Rama?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)