|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where on Rama does the Endeavour land?
(a) In the shadows of the structures near the axis.
(b) At the North Pole.
(c) Near the sundial in the sunlit portion.
(d) At the very center.
2. SPACEGUARD is keeping track of how many asteroids at once?
(a) Half a million.
(b) Two hundred fifty thousand.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Fifty thousand.
3. In Chapter 12, Norton notices something remarkable as he is exploring. What is it?
(a) Ramans must have been physical-fitness fanatics.
(b) Normal walking is possible in the lowered gravity.
(c) There are no signs of wear and tear.
(d) He could take Rama for granted despite its size.
4. How many asteroids are being discovered by PROJECT SPACEGUARD by the year 2130?
(a) Five a month.
(b) Two hundred a year.
(c) A thousand in 120 years.
(d) Twelve a day.
5. Why does the Commander choose to land the Endeavour off-center?
(a) It is the cautious way to land on an unknown location.
(b) Gravity would interfere less if the Endeavour lands off-center.
(c) The Endeavour has a side exit ramp.
(d) It was smart not to block the "front door" with the Endeavour.
6. How many wives does Commander Norton have?
7. Who is Captain James Cook?
(a) A captain of industry in the 1700s who funded the exploration of Hawaii.
(b) The first captain of the first Endeavour.
(c) The captain of the first spaceship to reach Mars.
(d) The captain of the Starship Enterprise.
8. How old is Dr. Bose?
(a) Sixty-three years old.
(b) Eighty-nine years old.
(c) One hundred fifteen years old.
(d) Seventy-nine years old.
9. Twice a day the explorers must perform an action. What is it?
(a) Maintain radio silence while transmissions are relayed to Earth.
(b) Exercise at three-quarters of a gee for ten minutes.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Chew a high calorie snack.
10. What type of force does the Commander account for upon landing the Endeavour?
(a) Gravitational force.
(b) Contact force.
(c) Frictional force.
(d) Centrifugal force.
11. What does Dr. Bose long for?
(a) More immigration.
(b) The unexpected.
(c) New faces and unexpected behavior.
(d) Familiar faces and ordinary days.
12. What are the Calypso, Beagle, and Challenger waiting for?
(a) A possible distress signal from the Endeavour.
(b) Extra propellant.
(c) Orders to rendezvous with the Endeavour.
13. What is Camp Alpha?
(a) A temporary camp on Rama.
(b) A permanent camp on Rama.
(c) The place on Rama thought to be perhaps a million years old.
(d) A temporary meeting place for the Rama Committee.
14. What ships can catch up with Rama before it leaves the solar system?
(a) Only the Challenger.
(b) The Calypso, Beagle, and Endeavour.
(c) Only the Endeavour.
(d) The Calypso, Beagle, and Challenger.
15. What is the first city to be visited by the Commander and the other explorers?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which way do "clocks and corkscrews" turn on Rama?
2. For the object 31/149, what do the numbers represent?
3. According to Chapter 1, what happens after the initial shock wore off in 2077?
4. Where is Dr. Bose born?
5. When the Commander enters Rama, what does he see in the light of the flare?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)