|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Commander think about the amount of responsibility he must shoulder on this mission?
(a) He wishes he had less decision-making authority.
(b) He enjoys having the lion's share of decision-making authority.
(c) He is uncertain that it is smart to put all decision-making authority in the hands of one commander.
(d) He is glad that some of the decisions are made by those on Earth, but also envies navigators of the past.
2. What are the only items the explorers must bring to Rama?
(a) Air tanks, water, and thermosuits.
(b) Water, food, and rebreathers.
(c) Food, water, and thermosuits.
(d) Food, water, and airsuits.
3. Why is the color of the Cylindrical Sea different?
(a) The organic soup has evolved into life.
(b) A reflection from the buildings changes the color.
(c) The intensity of the artificial light changes the color.
(d) Lack of oxygen in the water smothered the organic compounds in the water.
4. How old is Dr. Bose?
(a) Sixty-three years old.
(b) One hundred fifteen years old.
(c) Eighty-nine years old.
(d) Seventy-nine years old.
5. What happens as Jimmy backs away through the framework?
(a) The plant is retreating into the ground.
(b) The snake is crawling back into its hole.
(c) The feathers melt like snow.
(d) The opening in the framework is closing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the initial reaction of the human race to Rama?
2. According to Chapter 1, what happens after the initial shock wore off in 2077?
3. At first, Rama is believed to be what?
4. In Chapter 5, what streams from the newly-opened pillbox "like dazzling diamonds as the brilliant sunlight caught them"?
5. What scenery does Jimmy encounter as he walks?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)