|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what is identified as a psychological problem that may arise for the explorers?
(b) The path of Rama, which is very close to the Sun.
(c) The cold.
(d) The fluctuation of gravitational force.
2. Rama is compared to what ordinary object?
(a) A boiler.
(b) An airship.
(c) A globe.
(d) A hot air balloon.
3. What does Jimmy do while circling New York?
(a) Look for signs of life.
(c) Record video.
(d) Try to understand the complexity of the panorama.
4. Who are the first three explorers on Rama?
(a) Norton, Calvert, and Price.
(b) Mercer, Myron, and Price.
(c) Norton, Mercer, and Myron.
(d) Mercer, Calvert, and Myron.
5. What does the Commander decide to do about the priority message to earth?
(a) Send a message to the Committee asking permission to notify the church.
(b) Send a message to the Church.
(c) Prohibits the use of the priority message system for personal use.
(d) Send a message to the Committee and copy the Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the book describe the world's population at the end of the 21st century?
2. What is the nickname of the big spike that Jimmy explores?
3. What is the first city to be visited by the Commander and the other explorers?
4. How expensive is time on a big orbiting telescope?
5. How many members of the United Planets are there?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)