|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When on top of the levee at the far side of the city, what concerns Norton?
(a) The wall is apparently part of a prison.
(b) Signs of life started to appear suddenly.
(c) There is no apparent means of access to the southern hemisphere.
(d) The complexity of the levee.
2. What does the Commander think about the amount of responsibility he must shoulder on this mission?
(a) He wishes he had less decision-making authority.
(b) He is glad that some of the decisions are made by those on Earth, but also envies navigators of the past.
(c) He enjoys having the lion's share of decision-making authority.
(d) He is uncertain that it is smart to put all decision-making authority in the hands of one commander.
3. What happens as Jimmy backs away through the framework?
(a) The feathers melt like snow.
(b) The opening in the framework is closing.
(c) The snake is crawling back into its hole.
(d) The plant is retreating into the ground.
4. What is Sita?
(a) A big orbiting telescope.
(b) A pod of special cameras intended to photograph Rama from all sides.
(c) A long range missile designed to destroy Rama.
(d) A space-probe that is originally intended to launch from Mars to go beyond Neptune.
5. Who goes with the Commander on the first EVA?
(a) Boris Rodrigo.
(b) Joe Calvert.
(c) Karl Mercer.
(d) James Pak.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 24, what is smuggled on board the Endeavour?
2. What is a light curve?
3. What slides out of the wall of the pillbox-shaped structure?
4. For the Commander, Straight Valley reminds him of what part of his past?
5. What is the main tenet of the Fifth Church of Christ?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)