|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does the author use to portray the vast majority of asteroids?
(a) "... were merely oversize boulders that would fit into a small park."
(b) "...were almost always under 500 kilos and small enough to fit in a backyard swimming pool."
(c) "...were simply massive rocks the size of a small car."
(d) "... were just under forty kilometers in diameter."
2. How does Commander Norton feel about landing on Rama?
(a) A mixture of elation and anxiety.
(b) A sense of danger and surprise.
(c) Filled with trepedation.
(d) A healthy dose of caution.
3. Why is Baked Alaska mentioned in Chapter 14?
(a) Because Baked Alaska is the most complicated dessert the Simps can make.
(b) Because it is a reminder of Earth.
(c) Because Rama is hot on the outside and cold on the inside, like a Baked Alaska dessert,
(d) Because it is a favorite at U.P. banquets.
4. What event do the inhabitants of Earth see as inevitable?
(a) Continued cosmic bombardment of the Moon, causing additional scarring of the "face."
(b) The overpopulation of Earth.
(c) Catastrophic destruction caused by a meteorite from space landing in an inhabited city.
(d) The destruction of the city of Venice by a tsunami, caused by the eruption of Krakatoa.
5. How many members of the United Planets are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. For the Commander, Straight Valley reminds him of what part of his past?
2. What is Camp Alpha?
3. According to Chapter 9, Rama's orbit is heading directly to where?
4. For the object 31/149, what do the numbers represent?
5. During the initial exploration of Rama, what is the temperature like?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)