|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only items the explorers must bring to Rama?
(a) Food, water, and thermosuits.
(b) Water, food, and rebreathers.
(c) Food, water, and airsuits.
(d) Air tanks, water, and thermosuits.
2. Who are the first three explorers on Rama?
(a) Norton, Calvert, and Price.
(b) Norton, Mercer, and Myron.
(c) Mercer, Calvert, and Myron.
(d) Mercer, Myron, and Price.
3. Why is a cloud of vapor sent toward Rama?
(a) To see if it will interact with Rama and produce "fireworks."
(b) To see if Rama has enough gravity to hold an atmosphere.
(c) As a method to measure the temperature on the surface of Rama.
(d) To see if it will be sucked into the interior of Rama.
4. What possibility causes Dr. Petera to suggest that Rama be evacuated early?
(a) The discovery of a new asteroid.
(b) Excessive heat.
(d) The detrimental effect of total darkness on humans.
5. After how many years does PROJECT SPACEGUARD justify its existence?
(a) One hundred and twenty.
(c) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Commander and his companion use to move around on Rama after landing?
2. What is the main tenet of the Fifth Church of Christ?
3. In Chapter 10, how do the explorers descend the ladder?
4. How many members of the United Planets are there?
5. What loss is so great that it was beyond all computation?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)