|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the object 31/149, what do the numbers represent?
(a) The year and order of its discovery.
(b) The year and order of its discovery.
(c) The brightness of an object based on the magnitude scale.
(d) The angular parameters of an object's elliptical orbit.
2. What is unusual about object 31/439?
(a) It has a diameter of forty kilometers and is traveling in an atypical asteroidal path.
(b) It is traveling in an ellipse with clockwork precision that is retraced every few years.
(c) It is given a name of a mythological creature.
(d) It is traveling straight past the orbits of the inner planets and will impact the Sun.
3. Where is Dr. Bose born?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The Earth.
(d) In outer space.
4. What is the expected effect of an matter-antimatter reaction?
(a) The biggest bang since the solar system was formed.
(b) The permanent creation of a second sun.
(c) A reaction as gentle as a snowflake.
(d) The total annihilation of the solar system.
5. What does the first images of Rama prove?
(a) The color of Rama fluctuates from black to shades of gray to white.
(b) Rama is too far away to see clearly.
(c) The body of Rama is geometrically imperfect.
(d) Rama is not a natural object.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Commander Norton feel about landing on Rama?
2. What event do the inhabitants of Earth see as inevitable?
3. How many wives does Commander Norton have?
4. In Chapter 5, what streams from the newly-opened pillbox "like dazzling diamonds as the brilliant sunlight caught them"?
5. What loss is so great that it was beyond all computation?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)