|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What loss is so great that it was beyond all computation?
(a) The loss of six hundred thousand people.
(b) The loss of beautiful dawns and sunsets all over the world.
(c) The loss of resources and skills acquired during the twentieth century.
(d) The loss to art, to history, to science--and to the whole human race, for the rest of time.
2. What possibility causes Dr. Petera to suggest that Rama be evacuated early?
(b) The detrimental effect of total darkness on humans.
(c) The discovery of a new asteroid.
(d) Excessive heat.
3. Where does Dr. Bose currently reside?
(a) On the moon.
(b) On a space station.
(c) On Mars.
(d) On Earth.
4. How long is the radio time lag between the Endeavour and Earth?
(a) Ten minutes, and increasing.
(b) Ten hours, and increasing.
(c) Ten hours, and decreasing.
(d) Ten minutes, and decreasing.
5. During the initial exploration of Rama, what is the temperature like?
(a) The temperature fluctuates wildly.
(b) The temperature is just below freezing.
(c) The temperature is the same as on the Moon.
(d) The temperature is close to Earth's median temperature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Straight Valley?
2. Rama is compared to what ordinary object?
3. What is the origin of the name of object 31/149?
4. According to Chapter 9, Rama's orbit is heading directly to where?
5. What are the Calypso, Beagle, and Challenger waiting for?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)