|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the initial reaction of the human race to Rama?
2. In Chapter 12, Norton notices something remarkable as he is exploring. What is it?
(a) There are no signs of wear and tear.
(b) Ramans must have been physical-fitness fanatics.
(c) Normal walking is possible in the lowered gravity.
(d) He could take Rama for granted despite its size.
3. What is Camp Alpha?
(a) The place on Rama thought to be perhaps a million years old.
(b) A temporary meeting place for the Rama Committee.
(c) A permanent camp on Rama.
(d) A temporary camp on Rama.
4. What does Dr. Bose long for?
(a) Familiar faces and ordinary days.
(b) New faces and unexpected behavior.
(c) The unexpected.
(d) More immigration.
5. What surprises Commander Norton as he approached Rama for the rendezvous?
(a) Rama's overwhelming size.
(b) That landing on the Moon or Mars is easier than landing on Rama.
(c) That Jupiter VIII is slightly larger than Rama.
(d) The realization that Rama's mass is smaller than predicted.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the inhabitants of Europe see a dazzling fireball appear in the eastern sky?
2. For the Commander, Straight Valley reminds him of what part of his past?
3. What are the only items the explorers must bring to Rama?
4. What does the Commander and his companion use to move around on Rama after landing?
5. What possibility causes Dr. Petera to suggest that Rama be evacuated early?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)