|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Bose currently reside?
(a) On Mars.
(b) On a space station.
(c) On the moon.
(d) On Earth.
2. Rama is compared to what ordinary object?
(a) An airship.
(b) A globe.
(c) A boiler.
(d) A hot air balloon.
3. What type of force does the Commander account for upon landing the Endeavour?
(a) Frictional force.
(b) Gravitational force.
(c) Contact force.
(d) Centrifugal force.
4. In Chapter 3, who is the current chairman of the Space Advisory Council?
(a) Dr. Price.
(b) Professor Davidson.
(c) Dr. Stenton.
(d) Commander Norton.
5. What is Sita?
(a) A space-probe that is originally intended to launch from Mars to go beyond Neptune.
(b) A pod of special cameras intended to photograph Rama from all sides.
(c) A big orbiting telescope.
(d) A long range missile designed to destroy Rama.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Commander wait before exploring Rama?
2. What does the first images of Rama prove?
3. Which "city" on Rama is assumed to be more like an enormous factory or chemical processing plant?
4. According to Chapter 11, with whom does the Commander have a brief romantic encounter?
5. How big is the mass of Rama?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)