|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first images of Rama prove?
(a) The color of Rama fluctuates from black to shades of gray to white.
(b) The body of Rama is geometrically imperfect.
(c) Rama is not a natural object.
(d) Rama is too far away to see clearly.
2. For the object 31/149, what do the numbers represent?
(a) The year and order of its discovery.
(b) The brightness of an object based on the magnitude scale.
(c) The year and order of its discovery.
(d) The angular parameters of an object's elliptical orbit.
3. How many wives does Commander Norton have?
4. At first, Rama is believed to be what?
(a) An ergosphere.
(b) A collapsed star.
(c) A comet.
(d) A rotating black hole.
5. What is a light curve?
(a) The extent to which an asteroid waxes over a period of hours.
(b) The extent to which an asteroid wanes over a period of hours.
(c) A slow variation in the brilliance of all asteroids.
(d) The degree to which an asteroid's orbit bends.
Short Answer Questions
1. After how many years does PROJECT SPACEGUARD justify its existence?
2. How does Commander Norton feel about landing on Rama?
3. When did the inhabitants of Europe see a dazzling fireball appear in the eastern sky?
4. What event do the inhabitants of Earth see as inevitable?
5. How expensive is time on a big orbiting telescope?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)