|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Commander enters Rama, what does he see in the light of the flare?
(a) A miniature sun, moon and stars painted on the ceiling.
(b) The landscape of an entire world.
(c) A small space station-like structure.
(d) A circular sea.
2. Why is a cloud of vapor sent toward Rama?
(a) To see if Rama has enough gravity to hold an atmosphere.
(b) As a method to measure the temperature on the surface of Rama.
(c) To see if it will be sucked into the interior of Rama.
(d) To see if it will interact with Rama and produce "fireworks."
3. What does the Commander and his companion use to move around on Rama after landing?
(b) A shuttle.
(c) Space suits with power packs.
(d) Jets and guide ropes.
4. How big is the mass of Rama?
(a) At least a trillion tons.
(b) At least a billion tons.
(c) At least a million tons.
(d) At least ten trillion tons.
5. What is the name of the author whose book inspired Dr. Stenton to become an astronomer?
(a) Carl Sagan.
(b) Jules Verne.
(c) H.G. Wells.
(d) Arthur C. Clarke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dr. Bose "exiled" from the Earth?
2. Who goes with the Commander on the first EVA?
3. When did the inhabitants of Europe see a dazzling fireball appear in the eastern sky?
4. Where on Rama does the Endeavour land?
5. How long does the Commander wait before exploring Rama?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)