|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the author whose book inspired Dr. Stenton to become an astronomer?
(a) H.G. Wells.
(b) Jules Verne.
(c) Arthur C. Clarke.
(d) Carl Sagan.
2. Most asteroids tracked by Spaceguard are described as having this sort of orbit.
(a) Orbits dissimilar to Earth's orbit around the Sun.
(b) Orbits that lay beyond Mars.
(c) Orbits that keep asteroids within the confines of the asteroid belt.
(d) Orbits that posed a possible danger to Earth.
3. What is the initial reaction of the human race to Rama?
4. What event do the inhabitants of Earth see as inevitable?
(a) Continued cosmic bombardment of the Moon, causing additional scarring of the "face."
(b) The destruction of the city of Venice by a tsunami, caused by the eruption of Krakatoa.
(c) The overpopulation of Earth.
(d) Catastrophic destruction caused by a meteorite from space landing in an inhabited city.
5. How does one astronomer refer to asteroids?
(a) Arrows of outrageously bad fortune.
(b) Fireworks of the heavens.
(c) Vermin of the skies.
(d) Pests of gigantic proportion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first Character introduced in Chapter 2?
2. What loss is so great that it was beyond all computation?
3. What is used for a far nobler purpose at the end of Chapter 1?
4. What is the origin of the name of object 31/149?
5. In Chapter 3, who is the current chairman of the Space Advisory Council?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)