1. What event do the inhabitants of Earth see as inevitable?
(a) The overpopulation of Earth.
(b) Continued cosmic bombardment of the Moon, causing additional scarring of the "face."
(c) Catastrophic destruction caused by a meteorite from space landing in an inhabited city.
(d) The destruction of the city of Venice by a tsunami, caused by the eruption of Krakatoa.
2. What location is home to more than a million people who had their hearing permanently damaged in 2077?
3. What cities narrowly miss being destroyed in the 20th century?
(a) Venice and Rome.
(b) Moscow and Vladivostok.
(c) New York and London.
(d) Padua and Verona.
4. When did the inhabitants of Europe see a dazzling fireball appear in the eastern sky?
(a) September 11.
(b) August 6.
(c) April 19.
(d) February 12.
5. According to Chapter 1, what happens after the initial shock wore off in 2077?
(a) The wealth of the world was squandered as many countries attempted to destroy weapons launched at their citizens.
(b) Skills long forgotten were revived and taught in colleges and universities.
(c) A great war broke out that caused losses of more than a trillion dollars.
(d) The people of Earth became united and determined.
This section contains 5,520 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)