|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Livingston feel about selling stocks on a payment plan and stock splits?
(a) He has no opinion.
(b) He thinks you should do them but on a limited basis.
(c) He warns against this.
(d) He thinks they're a great idea.
2. Who does Livingston say is complicit in insiders' manipulations?
(a) Most brokerage firms.
(b) Companies on the exchange.
(c) The press.
(d) Stock manipulators.
3. What kind of regulation is enacted during war time?
(a) No selling off defense stock.
(b) No buying of ammunition companies.
(c) No profiteering in war necessities.
(d) No buying of government bonds.
4. In what kind of shape is Imperial Steel?
(a) Sound shape.
(b) Excellent shape.
(c) It is still growing.
(d) Very bad shape.
5. Why does Livingston say that after 25 years playing the market, it has become more difficult?
(a) There's been a large increase in the number of stocks.
(b) Too many new laws.
(c) There are too many brokers.
(d) The stocks have become too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Livingston say cornering a market can do to a price?
2. What does Livingston say is the most important thing?
3. What happens to Livingston after his dealings with Percy Thomas?
4. What does Livingston do to retaliate against the insiders?
5. What does Livingston say when someone asks him for a tip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Livingston say about broker letters?
2. How does Livingston feel about tips and to what does he attribute his success?
3. How does Livingston feel about hunches?
4. What does Livingston warn about various conditions that affect the market?
5. How does Livingston think James R. Keene would do in the market of Livingston's era.
6. What does Livingston say about forces that can cause plans to go wrong?
7. What does Livingston begin to do for a living?
8. What does Livingston do to keep from being broke again?
9. What does Livingston say when people say a stock drops because someone sells it?
10. How does a trader test a stock?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)