|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Livingston hate losing money the most?
(a) When he does everything right.
(b) When he needs money for a stake.
(c) When another trader manipulates him into the loss.
(d) When he follows someone's tip.
2. Who does Livingston say uses tips to no good ends for their customers?
(b) Stock manipulators and promoters.
(c) Retirement funds.
(d) Financial advisors.
3. What does Livingston do to retaliate against the insiders?
(a) Buys all the low priced shares.
(b) Sells a bunch of the parent company stock.
(c) Tells all his friends to sell.
(d) Tells the newspaper it's going under.
4. What does Livingston believe about this famous stock manipulator?
(a) That he was a scoundrel.
(b) That he broke the law many times.
(c) That he should have been arrested.
(d) That he would be successful anytime.
5. Why does Livingston say that after 25 years playing the market, it has become more difficult?
(a) Too many new laws.
(b) There are too many brokers.
(c) There's been a large increase in the number of stocks.
(d) The stocks have become too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did coffee brokers tell Congress about Livingston?
2. How many people held most of the stock in Consolidated Stove?
3. Why doesn't Livingston make any money no matter how hard he tries?
4. For what was the famous stock manipulator most known?
5. What does an operator tell people when cornering a market?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Livingston begin to do for a living?
2. What does Livingston say about broker letters?
3. What does Livingston say when people say a stock drops because someone sells it?
4. What happens when Livingston starts buying up what Imperial Steel stock is on the market.
5. What does Livingston do to keep from being broke again?
6. How does Livingston think James R. Keene would do in the market of Livingston's era.
7. What does Livingston warn about various conditions that affect the market?
8. What is one of the primary tools to manipulate a stock?
9. What does Livingston do about all his debt?
10. What does Livingston notice about the price of Tropical Trading and what does he do about it?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)