|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what condition does David Williamson offer Livingston a stake?
(a) That he pay it back double.
(b) That he open an account with them.
(c) That he pay 5% interest.
(d) That he remember the firm when dealing.
2. What does an operator tell people when cornering a market?
(a) The price is going to raise.
(b) The price is going to drop.
(c) The operator doesn't usually tell anyone.
(d) The price will stay the same.
3. What is one of the main problems of people paying you to do something on the market?
(a) Getting bored.
(b) Buying or selling at a good price.
(c) Making less money.
(d) Getting arrested.
4. What do the insiders of Tropical Trading do when Livingston goes short?
(a) Ask him to hold on to the stock.
(b) Put bad articles about him in the newspaper.
(c) Make the price drop way down.
(d) Run the stock back up.
5. What has the market done about charlatans since Livingston has been trading?
(a) Has them arrested.
(b) Weeds them out.
(d) Tells the newspapers what stocks are bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake was made with Consolidated Stove's initial public offering?
2. What does Williamson agree to allow Livingston to do?
3. What does Livingston say is the most important thing?
4. How does Livingston feel about selling stocks on a payment plan and stock splits?
5. How does Livingston end up in his dealings with Tropical Trading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Livingston say about selling stocks on a payment plan and stock splits?
2. What does Livingston do to keep from being broke again?
3. What does Livingston notice about the price of Tropical Trading and what does he do about it?
4. Is Livingston asked for tips? What does he say?
5. What does Livingston say about broker letters?
6. What does Livingston do when insiders in Tropical Trading try to knock him out of the market?
7. What happens to Livingston after he follows Percy's advice?
8. How does Livingston think James R. Keene would do in the market of Livingston's era.
9. What does Livingston do about all his debt?
10. What does Livingston say when people say a stock drops because someone sells it?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)