|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livingston say broker letters can be?
(a) Useful tools.
(b) Incompetent advice.
(c) A way for the lay person to get rich.
(d) Bad advice.
2. What does Livingston say he has to do with a strong urge?
(a) He never has strong urges.
(b) Wait and see.
(c) Take action.
(d) Study the situation before doing anything.
3. What does Livingston notice about the price of Tropical Trading stock?
(a) The price is way down.
(b) The price fluctuates wildly.
(c) The price hasn't changed in four years.
(d) The price has been run up.
4. How was the company Consolidated Stove formed?
(a) It was just a regular company named Consolidated Stove.
(b) Combining three other companies.
(c) Two companies came together.
(d) By a hostile take over.
5. To what does Livingston attribute his success?
(a) Being willing to lose lots of money.
(b) Having a lot of friends.
(c) Being in the right place at the wrong time.
(d) Objectively watching stocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Livingston say a good broker letter should be?
2. What does an operator tell people when cornering a market?
3. What does Livingston say gives a trader the sense of what to do?
4. What does Livingston say cornering a market can do to a price?
5. Who does Livingston say uses tips to no good ends for their customers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Livingston say when people say a stock drops because someone sells it?
2. How does Livingston think James R. Keene would do in the market of Livingston's era.
3. How does Livingston feel about tips and to what does he attribute his success?
4. How does Livingston feel about hunches?
5. What happens when Livingston starts buying up what Imperial Steel stock is on the market.
6. What does Livingston do to keep from being broke again?
7. What does Livingston say about the press and insider trading?
8. What does Livingston do when insiders in Tropical Trading try to knock him out of the market?
9. What does Livingston do about all his debt?
10. What does Livingston say about selling stocks on a payment plan and stock splits?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)