|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livingston do when he proves himself right about the market in Chapter IX?
(a) Buys stock.
(b) Holds steady.
(c) Sells stock.
(d) Sells high end stock and buys low end stock.
2. Why does Livingston want to sell Union Pacific?
(a) He doesn't like the owner.
(b) They've been going down.
(c) He has a strong hunch.
(d) He never travels by train.
3. What does Livingston say will happen in a stock or commodity if a surprise event occurs?
(a) It will move in the direction of the market.
(b) It will always go up.
(c) It will always stay the same.
(d) It will always go down.
4. What does Livingston decide to buy next?
(a) He decides to corner the market in cotton.
(b) He goes into oil stock.
(c) He moves back to high tech stock.
(d) He decides to buy soy beans.
5. What do some people claim about a newspaper article that helped Livingston?
(a) His wife wrote it.
(b) His brother wrote it.
(c) He engineered it.
(d) The newspaper interviewed him for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Livingston believe about the cotton market when he and Percy are discussing it?
2. What has happened to Percy recently in the market?
3. How old was Livingston when he made his first $1000?
4. Why did Livingston stop in New Haven on his way to New York?
5. What happens when the market falls steeply in 1906?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Livingston believe is his best guide to trading and what does he say a good trader must be?
2. What does Livingston say one should do in a rising or falling market?
3. What do customers in bucket shops do?
4. What commodities has Livingston been trading and how is that going?
5. What lesson does Livingston finally learn about markets?
6. What commodities is Livingston trading and how is that going?
7. What job did Livingston have when the book opened and how are stock quotes done?
8. Why is Livingston still losing money on Wall Street?
9. Why was Livingston banned from the bucket shops and what did the last one he bet at do?
10. What kind of hunch does Livingston talk about in Chapter VI?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)