|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is affected the most by timing on Wall Street?
(a) Index funds.
(b) Small trades.
(d) Large trades.
2. How does he start out selling Union Pacific?
(a) All at once.
(b) He talks to the brokage manager.
(c) Shares every other week.
(d) Slowly at first.
3. What does Livingston hear about a well known cotton trader?
(a) He has made 2 million dollars.
(b) He has switched to soy beans.
(c) He has taken a huge loss.
(d) He has quit the business.
4. How much money does Livingston make when he first comes back from St. Louis?
(a) He makes a huge amount of money.
(b) He loses money.
(c) He gains slowly, but steadily.
(d) He makes a moderate amount of money.
5. What does Livingston do when the alternate exchanges start to try and manipulate him?
(a) He buys the exchange.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He quits and goes to New York.
(d) He starts reverse manipulations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Livingston believe about the cotton market when he and Percy are discussing it?
2. Why does it take Livingston so long to understand how to trade?
3. Why did Livingston stop in New Haven on his way to New York?
4. How does Livingston portray himself to the small exchanges?
5. How does he consider commodities in comparison to stocks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Livingston return to Boston and what happens when he does?
2. Why is Livingston still losing money on Wall Street?
3. What's the difference between trading on Wall Street and bucket shops and how does it affect Livingston?
4. What does Livingston discuss concerning stocks in Chapter V?
5. What do customers in bucket shops do?
6. What does Livingston say must be available in order to sell a stock and why?
7. What does Livingston believe is his best guide to trading and what does he say a good trader must be?
8. What does Livingston say again about the bucket shops and Wall Street?
9. What difference of opinion do Livingston and Percy have and who convinces who?
10. What job did Livingston have when the book opened and how are stock quotes done?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)