|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Livingston when someone buys up all the corn?
(a) He makes $50,000.
(b) He breaks even.
(c) He isn't involved in corn trade.
(d) He loses money.
2. What does Union Pacific announce that dismays Livingston?
(a) Plans for new railroads.
(b) A dividend.
(c) Bankruptcy filings.
(d) A company reorganization.
3. What does Livingston do when he proves himself right about the market in Chapter IX?
(a) Buys stock.
(b) Sells stock.
(c) Holds steady.
(d) Sells high end stock and buys low end stock.
4. Why does Livingston take his profit out so fast?
(a) He has to support his family.
(b) He has a problem with cash flow.
(c) He fears reversal.
(d) He needs the money.
5. Why can bets be carefully timed in bucket shops?
(a) It's carefully controlled by the government.
(b) There's less people betting.
(c) They can be bought and sold instantly.
(d) There's only three stocks involved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Livingston decide from the Union Pacific situation?
2. What do the banks ask Livingston to not do during the panic of 1907?
3. Where does Livingston go with his $500?
4. How does Livingston feel about the amount of money he's making?
5. Why is corn having a hard time getting to the market?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Livingston do with Roberts suggestion?
2. What do customers in bucket shops do?
3. Why is Livingston still losing money on Wall Street?
4. What's the difference between trading on Wall Street and bucket shops and how does it affect Livingston?
5. What does Livingston discuss concerning stocks in Chapter V?
6. What concerns Livingston in 1906 and why?
7. How much regulation is there in the stocks in Livingston's era and how did that affect the stocks?
8. What job did Livingston have when the book opened and how are stock quotes done?
9. What lesson does Livingston finally learn about markets?
10. What happens in October of 1907?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)