|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what kind of shape is Imperial Steel?
(a) Sound shape.
(b) Very bad shape.
(c) It is still growing.
(d) Excellent shape.
2. Who was a famous stock manipulator Livingston mentions?
(a) Chester Bollocks.
(b) James R. Keene.
(c) Rupert W. Hatfield.
(d) Preston N. Roovelt.
3. Why does Imperial Steel hire Livingston?
(a) To buy up the free floating shares.
(b) To get the price lowered due to a hostile take-over.
(c) To make its stock more active and sell its shares.
(d) To convince people the company is failing.
4. Where does Livingston go after the dealings with Percy?
(a) Washington D.C.
5. What does everyone finally think about Tropical Trading?
(a) The stock can't be manipulated.
(b) The stock is solid.
(c) The parent company is in trouble.
(d) The insiders are dishonest.
6. From where does Livingston say urges arise?
(a) The ego.
(b) Reading too many stock reports.
(c) Listening to others.
(d) The subconscious.
7. What is one of the forces that can cause a stock spectator's plans to go awry?
(a) The government changing regulations.
(b) Forces inherent in the market.
(c) The trader calling in sick on the best day to sell.
(d) A company collapsing.
8. What mistake was made with Consolidated Stove's initial public offering?
(a) Timed the IPP for a down market.
(b) Didn't listen to Livinston's advice.
(c) Flooded the market with too much stock.
(d) Didn't issue enough stock for the demand.
9. How was the company Consolidated Stove formed?
(a) It was just a regular company named Consolidated Stove.
(b) Two companies came together.
(c) Combining three other companies.
(d) By a hostile take over.
10. Who offers to buy Livingston's shares of Imperial Steel?
(a) His brokerage firm.
(b) A banking concern.
(c) His old partner.
(d) His brother.
11. What actually happens when Livingston is working under an account at Williamson's?
(a) They squeeze him for the loan payment.
(b) They keep asking him to do favors.
(c) They constantly criticize his work.
(d) He makes millions of dollars.
12. What does Livingston wonder when he is flat broke again?
(a) If his brother has some money to lend him.
(b) Whether he should switch to a different work.
(c) How he made so many mistakes.
(d) How he can make his money back.
13. What happens to Livingston after his dealings with Percy Thomas?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) He moves back into oil stock.
(c) He gets married.
(d) Nothing happens to him.
14. What kind of regulation is enacted during war time?
(a) No buying of ammunition companies.
(b) No selling off defense stock.
(c) No buying of government bonds.
(d) No profiteering in war necessities.
15. What does Livingston do to prevent being broke again?
(a) He opens a large savings account.
(b) He sends half his money to his brother to hold for him.
(c) He puts some of his money in municipal bonds.
(d) He puts money into annuities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Livingston's initial action on behalf of Imperial Steel?
2. Of whom does Livingston make fun?
3. When Livingston is looking at the price of Tropical Trading what is the market doing?
4. What does Livingston say when someone asks him for a tip?
5. What does Livingston say is the most important thing?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)