|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livingston say is the most important thing?
(a) Have a general strategy and stick with it.
(b) Be prepared to hold stocks for years.
(c) Follow your hunches.
(d) Be prepared to lose money.
2. What happens to Livingston after his dealings with Percy Thomas?
(a) He moves back into oil stock.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) Nothing happens to him.
(d) He gets married.
3. How was the company Consolidated Stove formed?
(a) Two companies came together.
(b) By a hostile take over.
(c) Combining three other companies.
(d) It was just a regular company named Consolidated Stove.
4. From where does Livingston say urges arise?
(a) The ego.
(b) Listening to others.
(c) Reading too many stock reports.
(d) The subconscious.
5. What has the market done about charlatans since Livingston has been trading?
(a) Weeds them out.
(b) Tells the newspapers what stocks are bad.
(d) Has them arrested.
6. What does Livingston say is a good method to make a stock look good?
(a) Buy and sell rapidly.
(b) Use inside trading.
(c) Buy a lot of that stock.
(d) Sell most of the stock.
7. What does Livingston think one should never feel about the market?
8. What does Livingston do to prevent being broke again?
(a) He puts money into annuities.
(b) He opens a large savings account.
(c) He sends half his money to his brother to hold for him.
(d) He puts some of his money in municipal bonds.
9. When does Livingston hate losing money the most?
(a) When he follows someone's tip.
(b) When he needs money for a stake.
(c) When another trader manipulates him into the loss.
(d) When he does everything right.
10. How does Livingston feel about selling stocks on a payment plan and stock splits?
(a) He warns against this.
(b) He has no opinion.
(c) He thinks you should do them but on a limited basis.
(d) He thinks they're a great idea.
11. Why does Livingston say certain stock manipulator practices should be banned?
(a) They have resulted in murder.
(b) They result in stolen money.
(c) They hurt the public.
(d) They are too complicated.
12. Why does Livingston declare bankruptcy?
(a) To be able to retire.
(b) To get rid of two persistent creditors.
(c) To clear his record off.
(d) To gain money for a stake.
13. Who offers to buy Livingston's shares of Imperial Steel?
(a) His brokerage firm.
(b) His brother.
(c) A banking concern.
(d) His old partner.
14. Who does Livingston think benefits most from tips?
15. What does Livingston say he has to do with a strong urge?
(a) Wait and see.
(b) Study the situation before doing anything.
(c) He never has strong urges.
(d) Take action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stock Livingston buys to restart his career?
2. Under what condition does David Williamson offer Livingston a stake?
3. What do the insiders of Tropical Trading do when Livingston goes short?
4. What does everyone finally think about Tropical Trading?
5. When was the famous stock manipulator active?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)