|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Livingston's job at a bucket shop?
(a) Quotation boy.
(b) Stock broker.
2. How does he start out selling Union Pacific?
(a) He talks to the brokage manager.
(b) Shares every other week.
(c) Slowly at first.
(d) All at once.
3. What does Livingston wonder when he is flat broke again?
(a) If his brother has some money to lend him.
(b) How he made so many mistakes.
(c) Whether he should switch to a different work.
(d) How he can make his money back.
4. What's the difference between working on the stock exchange and the bucket shops?
(a) Bucket shops are run by the mob.
(b) Bucket shops require more money.
(c) Wall Street requires you to wear a suit and tie.
(d) In bucket shops you only bet on a stock; in Wall Street you buy it.
5. What happens when one places an order on Wall Street time wise?
(a) It is done instantly.
(b) There is a short lag.
(c) The SCCI has to check it first.
(d) It's never implemented for 24 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Livingston return to Boston?
2. Why does it take Livingston so long to understand how to trade?
3. What does Livingston do with his predictions at first?
4. As the market slides, what signs are showing in other financial institutions?
5. What does Livingston want to do when he sees the market rallying?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)