|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Livingston decide to look at when thinking about what to buy or sell?
(a) Index funds.
(b) The overall market.
(c) The ten best stocks.
(d) Mutual funds.
2. What does the phrase "go short" mean?
(a) To sell stock.
(b) To buy any stock within 30 days.
(c) To wait a short time to sell.
(d) To buy stock that's been on the market a short time.
3. How does Livingston portray himself to the small exchanges?
(a) Someone who has never thought about stocks.
(b) Someone who is very knowledgeable.
(c) Someone who is very, very wealthy.
(d) Someone who has lost a lot of money on Wall Street.
4. When does a trader err when trading?
(a) When he doesn't account for underlying factors.
(b) When he follows hot tips.
(c) When he hasn't followed a stock for at least a year.
(d) When the direction of the market is not established.
5. What has he regretted ignoring in the past?
(a) Strong hunches.
(b) His mentor's advice.
(c) Stocks going down.
(d) Not liking a company.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he start out selling Union Pacific?
2. Under what authority are bucket shops allowed?
3. How do some smaller exchanges double their money?
4. Why does Livingston want to sell Union Pacific?
5. What does Livingston do with his predictions at first?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)