|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the market falls steeply in 1906?
(a) It earns Livingston and his house a lot of money.
(b) The banks collapse.
(c) There is a depression.
(d) The government takes over the market.
2. What does Livingston notice not long after selling off his Union Pacific stock?
(a) The stock begins rising.
(b) The stock falls even farther.
(c) The company expands.
(d) The company folds.
3. What fascinates the young Livingston?
(a) The patterns on the ticker tape.
(b) Why people come to bucket shops.
(c) The way the stocks move up and down.
(d) How people bet.
4. What is Livingston's job at a bucket shop?
(c) Quotation boy.
(d) Stock broker.
5. What does the phrase "go short" mean?
(a) To buy stock that's been on the market a short time.
(b) To sell stock.
(c) To wait a short time to sell.
(d) To buy any stock within 30 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is affected the most by timing on Wall Street?
2. What does Livingston want to do when he sees the market rallying?
3. How much money does Livingston make when he first comes back from St. Louis?
4. What does Livingston say is impossible to catch?
5. What does Livingston say one must be in order to be a good trader?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)