|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livingston do to retaliate against the insiders?
(a) Buys all the low priced shares.
(b) Tells the newspaper it's going under.
(c) Tells all his friends to sell.
(d) Sells a bunch of the parent company stock.
2. What happens shortly after he starts selling Union Pacific stock by the thousands?
(a) The San Francisco fire.
(b) The San Francisco tidal wave.
(c) Nothing happens.
(d) The San Francisco earthquake.
3. Why does Livingston want to sell Union Pacific?
(a) He never travels by train.
(b) He has a strong hunch.
(c) He doesn't like the owner.
(d) They've been going down.
4. How does Livingston end up in his dealings with Tropical Trading?
(a) He loses about half of what he put in.
(b) He makes about a million dollars.
(c) He breaks even.
(d) He makes about $50,000.
5. What happens to Livingston when he takes Percy's advice?
(a) He breaks even.
(b) He doubles his money.
(c) He didn't take Percy's advice.
(d) He loses almost everything he has.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Livingston is looking at the price of Tropical Trading what is the market doing?
2. Why does Livingston meet with Percy Thomas?
3. What does Livingston notice not long after selling off his Union Pacific stock?
4. What does Livingston conclude when Union Pacific announces a dividend?
5. What does everyone finally think about Tropical Trading?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)