• Livingston has a job as a quotation-boy at a "bucket shop" in Boston.
• Quotes are called off and come across on a ticker tape.
• Customers can bet up or down on a stock or play a margin.
• They're illegal, but tolerated.
• Livingston records his predictions and compares them to what happened.
• Livingston begins betting and makes his first $1000 by the time he is 15.
• The bucket shops do not like his winning and begin banning him from trading.
• One of the largest bucket shops haven't banned him but decide to play a trick on him.
• He beats them at their own game.
• No one will take Livingston's bets in Boston so he moves to New York to trade on the market.
• He doesn't trade everyday, the excitement could cause him to make a mistake.
• Having patience and waiting until the right moment is an important...
This section contains 2,215 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)