|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Albertine give the narrator as a gift when she returns from visiting her aunt?
(a) A card.
(b) A pencil case.
(c) Cuff links.
(d) A book.
2. What does the grandmother's half-brother do for a living?
(a) He is a philosopher.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a clergyman.
(d) He is an artist.
3. What does Albertine's note to the narrator say in "Seascape, with Frieze of Girls"?
(a) It's over.
(b) I love you.
(c) I know what you are doing.
(d) Tell me the truth.
4. In "Place-Names: The Place, Part II," why does Bloch accuse the narrator of being a snob?
(a) Because he found money.
(b) Because he criticized art in a museum.
(c) Because he is spending time with a marquis.
(d) Because he ordered dinner in French.
5. What does Saint-Loup do when his military leave ends?
(a) Go on a vacation.
(b) Give the narrator a gift.
(c) Work more.
(d) Sign up for the navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part is affected by the narrator's grandmother's illness in "Guermantes Way, Part I continued"?
2. Who does Bergotte say the narrator's favorite writer resembles in "Guermantes Way, Part I continued"?
3. What does Elstir tell the narrator about the group of girls he sees in "Seascape, with Frieze of Girls"?
4. In "Guermantes Way, Part I continued," who does not visit the grandmother?
5. In "Place-Names: The Place, Part II," what does M. de Charlus give the narrator before bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about the people in Balbec?
2. What argument does the narrator get into with Bloch in Balbec?
3. What happens the first time the narrator meets Albertine?
4. How does Francoise act during the grandmother's illness?
5. Why does the narrator want Saint-Loup to talk to Mme. Guermantes in "Guermantes Way, Part I"?
6. What happens when Bloch accompanies the narrator to see Saint-Loup to his train in "Seascape, with Frieze of Girls"?
7. What does the narrator learn about Bergotte when he visits the grandmother during her illness?
8. What happens the first time the narrator meets Marquise Robert de Saint-Loup?
9. While in Balbec, how does Francoise react to Mme. de Villeparisis?
10. What happens when Mme. Swann arrives at Mme. de Villeparisis's party?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)