|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Guermantes Way, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Swann In Love," who does Swann refuse a dinner invitation from?
(a) Uncle Adolphe.
(b) Princesse de Guermantes.
2. What is the narrator's favorite thing about Balbec?
(a) The peaceful nights.
(b) The view of the sea.
(c) The gentle breezes.
(d) The beauty of the women.
3. In "Place-Names," why does Gilberte tell the narrator she won't be around for long?
(a) The holidays require travel.
(b) She found a new set of friends.
(c) Her family is moving.
(d) She is starting a new school.
4. Why does M. de Norpois want to introduce the narrator to his son?
(a) Because his son is well educated.
(b) Because his son is a fortune-teller.
(c) Because his son is a writer.
(d) Because his son is wealthy.
5. Who introduces the narrator to whorehouses?
(b) Mme. Swann.
(c) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mme. Guermantes feel about Elstir's paintings?
2. What happens when Swann takes Odette on vacation in "Swann In Love"?
3. In "Mme. Swann at Home," what do the narrator's parents finally say about Bergotte?
4. Who does Prince de Foix claim he saw in Saint-Loup's bedroom in "Guermantes Way, Part II"?
5. In "Seascape, with Frieze of Girls," where does the narrator often run into Bloch's sister?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)