|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Swann In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator's family react to Uncle Adolphe's friends?
(a) They never meet them.
(b) They love them.
(c) They are mean to them.
(d) They disapprove.
2. Why does Eulalie visit Aunt Leonie every week?
(a) She owes Leonie money.
(b) M. Swann encourages her to make friends.
(c) She buys Leonie's cookies.
(d) Leonie gives her money.
3. What does Swann come to realize about his relationship with Odette at the end of "Swann In Love"?
(a) It was the best relationship he ever had.
(b) It was all a lie.
(c) It was too long.
(d) It was very natural.
4. Why does the narrator's mother sleep in his room in "Overture"?
(a) She feels bad for not kissing him goodnight.
(b) His father sees that he is upset.
(c) The narrator requests it.
(d) The narrator is ill.
5. What does the narrator dream about when he walks on Guermantes Way?
(a) Being accepted by the Guermantes.
(b) Meeting a pretty girl.
(c) Becoming a famous writer.
(d) Making a good living.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the narrator's mother visit Mlle. Vinteuil in "Combray"?
2. What does Swann wait for when Odette is in Paris in "Swann In Love"?
3. What happens when Swann takes Odette on vacation in "Swann In Love"?
4. Who thinks that the narrator should be allowed time to play outside as a boy?
5. What conclusion does the narrator's family draw about M. Legrandin in "Combray"?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)