|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Swann In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mme. de Saint-Loup's house?
(a) The boarding house were the narrator stays.
(b) A place the narrator visited when he was younger.
(c) The narrator's aunt's business.
(d) A restaurant that is open late.
2. What does Swann wait for when Odette is in Paris in "Swann In Love"?
(a) For her to write her father.
(b) For her to go home.
(c) For her to call on him.
(d) For her to need money.
3. Who thinks that the narrator should be allowed time to play outside as a boy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
4. What does the narrator's great-aunt Leonie brag about in "Combray"?
(a) That she never sleeps.
(b) That she hasn't missed a day in church.
(c) That she attracts many men.
(d) That she has saved all her money.
5. In "Overture," how does the narrator's mother comfort him when he is crying?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She pats his head.
(c) She calls his father for help.
(d) She reads him books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does the narrator's family draw about M. Legrandin in "Combray"?
2. What religion does Blotch practice?
3. In "Overture," what does the narrator's family do every time a guest comes over?
4. Why does Eulalie visit Aunt Leonie every week?
5. When they are in Paris, why does Odette want money from Swann?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)