|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Swann In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francoise feel when he watches the cavalry march past his yard?
(a) She feels angry.
(b) She feels proud.
(c) She feels happy.
(d) She feels sad.
2. When they are in Paris, why does Odette want money from Swann?
(a) To take a house.
(b) To buy a dress.
(c) To go out for dinner.
(d) To repay a loan.
3. What conclusion does the narrator's family draw about M. Legrandin in "Combray"?
(a) That he is a snob.
(b) That he is lonely.
(c) That he is actually poor.
(d) That he is loveless.
4. In "Combray," what writer does M. Swann know?
5. In "Overture," what does the narrator's family do every time a guest comes over?
(a) They peek at them through the window and hide.
(b) They wear their best clothing.
(c) They pretend to not know who it is.
(d) They leave the house if they don't like who it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Swann often late to the Verdurin's parties in "Swann In Love"?
2. What does the narrator admire most about the church in Combray?
3. What made the narrator's family avoid Swann's Way?
4. When does the narrator say his mother did not kiss him goodnight as a small child?
5. What makes the Verdurins finally disapprove of Swann in "Swann In Love"?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)