|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Place-Names: The Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Place-Names," how does the narrator feel the day M. Swann picks up Gilberte from playing?
2. After seeing Uncle Adolphe in "Combray," why is the narrator excited?
(a) Because his uncle promised to make him an actor.
(b) Because his uncle kissed an actress' hand.
(c) Because his uncle gave him money.
(d) Because his uncle is producing a play.
3. What does Swann come to realize about his relationship with Odette at the end of "Swann In Love"?
(a) It was the best relationship he ever had.
(b) It was all a lie.
(c) It was too long.
(d) It was very natural.
4. Who thinks that the narrator should be allowed time to play outside as a boy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His grandfather.
5. Why does Eulalie visit Aunt Leonie every week?
(a) M. Swann encourages her to make friends.
(b) She owes Leonie money.
(c) She buys Leonie's cookies.
(d) Leonie gives her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the narrator's mother visit Mlle. Vinteuil in "Combray"?
2. Why does Gilberte send the narrator a copy of a Bergotte book?
3. Which day of the week is dinner served early at Combray?
4. What religion does Blotch practice?
5. How does Francoise feel when he watches the cavalry march past his yard?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)