|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Place-Names: The Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Swann In Lov,e, why does Swann often go days without seeing Odette?
(a) To give her space.
(b) To prove he doesn't need her.
(c) He starts seeing someone new.
(d) He can't find her.
2. What does Uncle Adolphe suggest Swann do to get Odette to love him more?
(a) Become friends with her father.
(b) Do whatever she says.
(c) Buy her presents.
(d) Stay away from her.
3. Why does Eulalie visit Aunt Leonie every week?
(a) Leonie gives her money.
(b) M. Swann encourages her to make friends.
(c) She owes Leonie money.
(d) She buys Leonie's cookies.
4. What does Swann leave behind the first time he visits Odette's house?
(a) His keys.
(b) His jacket.
(c) A cigarette case.
(d) A pair of cuff links.
5. When does the narrator say his mother did not kiss him goodnight as a small child?
(a) When it was raining.
(b) When she had guests.
(c) When he had gotten in trouble.
(d) When his father was late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator's mother say she does not want to know in the Swann family?
2. What made the narrator's family avoid Swann's Way?
3. In "Overture," what does the narrator say has "intellectual profit"?
4. How does Aunt Leonie imagine her family dying when she is very bored in "Combray"?
5. What does Swann wait for when Odette is in Paris in "Swann In Love"?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)