|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Place-Names: The Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Place-Names," how does the narrator feel the day M. Swann picks up Gilberte from playing?
2. In "Overture," what does the narrator's father give him after dinner?
(b) A lecture.
(c) A book.
3. Who thinks that the narrator should be allowed time to play outside as a boy?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His grandfather.
4. What does the narrator say happened to his belief in the elegance of women?
(a) It is gone.
(b) It is enhanced.
(c) It changes every day.
(d) It left with Gilberte and returned the next year.
5. In "Overture," what makes the narrator think he will be sent back to school?
(a) For failing.
(b) Because he asks to be sent back.
(c) For skipping classes.
(d) For sinning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Blotch practice?
2. Why must the narrator cancel his travel plans in "Place-Names"?
3. Who visits the narrator's family most often when he is a young boy?
4. How does the narrator's family react to Uncle Adolphe's friends?
5. What art does M. Vinteuil dabble in?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)