|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following details is NOT true of Gemmy's appearance?
(a) He is wearing very little clothing.
(b) He is built like a sailor.
(c) He appears to be a native.
(d) He is scrawny.
2. What does Gemmy do to ensure that the natives will not desert him?
(a) He learns their language.
(b) He teaches them things he learned in England.
(c) He follows them when they break camp.
(d) He makes himself look like them.
3. How did Gemmy come to be on Queensland?
(a) He was sent there as a prisoner.
(b) He was thrown off of a ship.
(c) He was a part of another settlement.
(d) He was born there.
4. What does Janet see as a barrier in her future?
(a) Her family
(b) Her age
(c) Her gender
5. How does Janet feel when she hurts Lachlan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Gemmy when he washes up on the shore?
2. What concerns Jock most about Gemmy?
3. Where does Gemmy sleep at the McIvor farm?
4. What do some of the settlers think Gemmy's motive was in moving to the settlement?
5. What does Gemmy represent for the settlers?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)