Essay Topic 1
Flashbacks play an important role Remembering Babylon. Select two flashback scenes in the novel and:
1) describe what happens in the scene
2) discuss how this flashback fits into the main plot of the story
3) analyze the importance of including this particular flashback at this point in the story. What impact does the flashback have on the story? How would it be different if it was not there?
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout Remembering Babylon, David Malouf weaves actual events from history into his fictional story. Select one of the situations where he places his characters within a real historical context and:
1) describe the historical context of the scene or chapter (e.g., What actually happened in history that Malouf uses in the book?); and,
2) discuss the relationship between the historical context and the fictional story. What does this...
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)