|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Stevens recall as he waits for Miss Kenton?
(a) The death of his father
(b) His first day of work at Darlington Hall
(c) The dismissal of more Jewish girls
(d) The night that Lord Darlington's godson arrived unexpectedly
2. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is on the edge of the road
(b) He can't see the forest for the trees
(c) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(d) He is kind-hearted
3. How long has Miss Kenton been gone?
(a) 15 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 20 years
(d) 2 years
4. In days past, what would indicate the greatness of a household?
(a) The quality of the food
(b) The maintenance of the grounds
(c) The number of parties held
(d) The sheen on the silver
5. What is the current number of staff at Darlington Hall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Stevens recall about the ambassador's visit?
2. What does Miss Kenton report upon returning to Darlington Hall that evening?
3. What does Stevens answer when asked if he had ever worked for Lord Darlington?
4. What did Mr. Stevens receive from Miss Kenton?
5. Where has Mr. Stevens been employed for many years?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)