|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the maid that Miss Kenton hires despite Stevens' misgivings?
2. When did Lord Darlington host a conference of important men from around the world?
(a) May 1925
(b) March 1939
(c) April 1923
(d) March 1923
3. What accident does the elder Mr. Stevens have one day?
(a) He is hit by a bicyclist
(b) Falls while carrying a tray of food for guests
(c) He sets fire to the drapes
(d) Trips and falls on an icy sidewalk
4. What did some of the dinner guests later say about Lord Darlington?
(a) He lost his fortune
(b) He had many affairs
(c) He hosted Nazis
(d) He abused the staff
5. Why does Stevens awaken early?
(a) A rooster crowed
(b) Unfamiliar surroundings
(c) A noisy neighbor
(d) A faulty alarm clock
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Mr. Faraday want to invest for Darlington Hall?
2. What does the polished silver indicate about Lord Darlington's household?
3. Why does Stevens begin to doubt that Miss Kenton will show up?
4. What is Lord Darlington's hope for the conference?
5. What changed the ambassador's demeanor?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)