|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Mr. Faraday want to invest for Darlington Hall?
(a) An antique clock
(b) New china
(c) Staff uniforms
(d) Permanent staff
2. When Mr. Stevens encounters an old man on the road, what does the old man say?
(a) He needs a ride to the next town
(b) He invites Stevens into the woods to enjoy the view
(c) He prefers to walk
(d) He is waiting on a bus
3. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
(a) a driver's license
(b) a command of the language
(c) new clothes
(d) strong faith
4. Voicing his comparisons of himself to other butlers would be ____________.
5. What does the car need?
(a) Water for the radiator
(b) A new tire
(d) A new windshield
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Stevens bring up with Miss Kenton in the summerhouse?
2. What does Stevens decide about the answer to #113?
3. Where does Stevens have tea?
4. Lord Darlington had withdrawn from what group?
5. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)