|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
(a) He admits to the injustice of dismissing the two maids
(b) He is secretly in love with Miss Kenton
(c) He will be leaving England soon
(d) He has a terminal illness
2. What items seem to symbolize Stevens' recollection of the past?
(a) The trained staff
(b) The polished silver
(c) The fleet of vehicles
(d) The flower arrangements
3. Who is in charge of staffing at Darlington Hall?
(a) Lord Darlington
(b) Mr. Faraday
(c) Mr. Stevens
(d) Miss Kenton
4. How does Stevens recall the time of the conference?
(a) With relief that it is over
(b) With pride for persevering personally and professionally
(c) Something that he hopes will not be repeated
(d) One of the worst times of his life
5. What changed the ambassador's demeanor?
(a) A fine meal
(b) Fine cigars
(d) The excellence of the silver
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
2. What does Lisa do in less than a year at Darlington Hall?
3. How can Stevens' father's demeanor best be described?
4. By what is a great household judged?
5. What is the topic of the conference?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)