|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
(a) Personal feelings have no place in the running of the household
(b) Her household budgets are exceeding their limits
(c) The butlers are within his domain, not hers
(d) The maids are wearing their uniforms too short
2. What quality does Stevens thinks makes a good butler?
3. Why has Miss Kenton not left Darlington Hall?
(a) She has nowhere else to go
(b) She has not saved enough money yet
(c) She is on a long-term contract
(d) She has promised Lord Darlington she will stay
4. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
(a) A barn
(b) A church
(c) A bench
(d) An apple orchard
5. What does Stevens do as he waits for Miss Kenton?
(a) Reads the paper
(b) Sips tea and watches the rain
(c) Talks with some tourists
(d) Does a crossword puzzle
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stevens' answer put Mr. Farraday in an awkward spot?
2. Stevens watches some people who are doing what?
3. What items seem to symbolize Stevens' recollection of the past?
4. To what does Stevens compare being asked about a former employer in the presence of a current one?
5. How can Stevens' father's demeanor best be described?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)