|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
(a) He is secretly in love with Miss Kenton
(b) He will be leaving England soon
(c) He has a terminal illness
(d) He admits to the injustice of dismissing the two maids
2. What is the overall goal of the conference?
(a) Determine who should be the next ruler of Germany
(b) Discuss the demise of the British monarchy
(c) Freeze German reparation payments and withdraw French troops
(d) Establish the United Nations
3. Where does Stevens go to admire some natural beauty?
(a) A nearby pond
(b) A woods
(c) A hilltop
(d) A meadow
4. Stevens adamantly denies that Lord Darlington had __________________________.
(a) anti-Semite tendencies
(b) an extramarital affair
(d) a gambling problem
5. How does Stevens recall the time of the conference?
(a) With pride for persevering personally and professionally
(b) Something that he hopes will not be repeated
(c) One of the worst times of his life
(d) With relief that it is over
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Kenton?
2. What does Stevens decide about the answer to #113?
3. What is the nature of Miss Kenton's family?
4. What is the state of the relationship between Mr. Stevens and Mr. Faraday?
5. The Prologue is written about what time?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)