|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Kenton interrupt the conference to beckon Stevens out of the room?
(a) Stevens' father collapsed and they are waiting for a doctor
(b) There is not enough brandy for after dinner drinks
(c) The cook has burned the duck for dinner
(d) There is a phone call for the French representative
2. How can Stevens' father's demeanor best be described?
(c) Quiet reserve
3. What accident does the elder Mr. Stevens have one day?
(a) Falls while carrying a tray of food for guests
(b) He sets fire to the drapes
(c) Trips and falls on an icy sidewalk
(d) He is hit by a bicyclist
4. Where has Mr. Stevens been employed for many years?
(a) Darlington Hall
(b) British Secret Service
(d) Scotland Yard
5. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the elder Mr. Stevens' tasks outlined?
2. How does Stevens feel about serving at Darlington Hall for so many years?
3. Who assists Stevens with his problem?
4. What is the topic of the conference?
5. What can the doctor tell about Stevens by his demeanor?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)