|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Stevens spend the night?
(a) A bed and breakfast in Devonshire
(b) A guest house in Salisbury
(c) A Holiday Inn
(d) A 4-star hotel in London
2. What does Stevens tell his father after the accident?
(a) His father needs to see a doctor
(b) The elder Mr. Stevens can no longer work at Darlington
(c) His father needs a month-long holiday
(d) The elder Mr. Stevens' duties have to be reassigned
3. What event does Stevens recall as he waits for Miss Kenton?
(a) His first day of work at Darlington Hall
(b) The dismissal of more Jewish girls
(c) The night that Lord Darlington's godson arrived unexpectedly
(d) The death of his father
4. What quality does Stevens thinks makes a good butler?
5. Why does Stevens begin to doubt that Miss Kenton will show up?
(a) Miss Kenton never really liked him
(b) He is late and she probably won't return
(c) He did not receive a return letter from her
(d) Miss Kenton has probably changed her mind
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident does Stevens recall?
2. The doctor had believed in ________________ until he had met the people of his town.
3. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
4. According to Stevens, a good butler is probably born with ______________, as it is something that cannot be taught.
5. What sign does Stevens see?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)