|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
(a) A barn
(b) A bench
(c) An apple orchard
(d) A church
2. How does Stevens recall the time of the conference?
(a) One of the worst times of his life
(b) With relief that it is over
(c) With pride for persevering personally and professionally
(d) Something that he hopes will not be repeated
3. In what does Mr. Faraday want to invest for Darlington Hall?
(a) New china
(b) Permanent staff
(c) An antique clock
(d) Staff uniforms
4. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is on the edge of the road
(b) He is kind-hearted
(c) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(d) He can't see the forest for the trees
5. What does Stevens tell his father after the accident?
(a) The elder Mr. Stevens can no longer work at Darlington
(b) The elder Mr. Stevens' duties have to be reassigned
(c) His father needs to see a doctor
(d) His father needs a month-long holiday
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Miss Kenton's marriage?
2. Mr. Stevens is not comfortable with American ________________.
3. What can be enjoyed at the top of the hill?
4. What accident does the elder Mr. Stevens have one day?
5. Where are the elder Mr. Stevens' tasks outlined?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)