|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Stevens is not comfortable with American ________________.
2. Why has Stevens missed out on a normal life?
(a) He does not drive
(b) He is too shy to get married
(c) He does not like meeting new people
(d) He is devoted to his job
3. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
(a) A bench
(b) A church
(c) An apple orchard
(d) A barn
4. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is on the edge of the road
(b) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(c) He is kind-hearted
(d) He can't see the forest for the trees
5. What is the Treaty of Versailles
(a) The peace agreement between Germany and the Allies
(b) Louis XIV's declaration of peace
(c) Marie Antoinette's coronation document
(d) A French document stored in a museum
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been the nature of Mr. Stevens' trips?
2. Who is in charge of staffing at Darlington Hall?
3. What can be enjoyed at the top of the hill?
4. Why does Stevens awaken early?
5. Where did Stevens spend the night?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)