|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Miss Kenton brought to Stevens' office at Darlington Hall one day?
(a) Fresh flowers
(d) New curtains
2. What accident does the elder Mr. Stevens have one day?
(a) Falls while carrying a tray of food for guests
(b) He sets fire to the drapes
(c) He is hit by a bicyclist
(d) Trips and falls on an icy sidewalk
3. How many dignitaries are expected?
4. What is Stevens able to do in his position of head butler at the conference?
(a) Arranges for evening entertainment
(b) Have some brandy with the men after the meeting ends
(c) Control who sleeps in the different rooms
(d) Garners information from all the dignitaries
5. The old man tells Stevens that it may be his last chance to ___________________________.
(a) sleep at his inn
(b) take in such a spectacular view
(c) travel on this road
(d) eat at his restaurant
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stevens awaken early?
2. What is Miss Kenton's name now that she is married?
3. Why does Miss Kenton interrupt the conference to beckon Stevens out of the room?
4. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
5. What is the Treaty of Versailles
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)