|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the conference?
(a) The British Empire expansion
(b) Global warming
(c) The oil crisis
(d) Germany's reparations after World War I
2. What has been the nature of Mr. Stevens' trips?
(a) Annual vacations
(b) Family vacations
(c) Outings for professional duties
(d) Family holidays
3. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is kind-hearted
(b) He can't see the forest for the trees
(c) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(d) He is on the edge of the road
4. What is the state of Miss Kenton's marriage?
(a) It is failing
(b) It is stable
(c) She is a newlywed
(d) It has just ended
5. When did Lord Darlington host a conference of important men from around the world?
(a) April 1923
(b) March 1923
(c) March 1939
(d) May 1925
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the best butler Stevens has ever seen?
2. What nationality is Mr. Faraday?
3. What was Stevens' father's profession?
4. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
5. Why does Miss Kenton interrupt the conference to beckon Stevens out of the room?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)