|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Stevens returns to his duties at the conference?
(a) The men take an afternoon break
(b) The elder Mr. Stevens dies
(c) The delegates leave to play golf
(d) The conference ends early
2. Mr. Stevens is not comfortable with American ________________.
3. What does Stevens tell his father after the accident?
(a) His father needs to see a doctor
(b) The elder Mr. Stevens can no longer work at Darlington
(c) The elder Mr. Stevens' duties have to be reassigned
(d) His father needs a month-long holiday
4. What is the state of the relationship between Mr. Stevens and Mr. Faraday?
5. Why does Stevens awaken early?
(a) A noisy neighbor
(b) A faulty alarm clock
(c) Unfamiliar surroundings
(d) A rooster crowed
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stevens able to do in his position of head butler at the conference?
2. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
3. Under whom did Stevens train as a butler?
4. What is Mr. Stevens' demeanor?
5. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)