|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Stevens is not comfortable with American ________________.
2. Voicing his comparisons of himself to other butlers would be ____________.
3. When Mr. Stevens encounters an old man on the road, what does the old man say?
(a) He needs a ride to the next town
(b) He is waiting on a bus
(c) He prefers to walk
(d) He invites Stevens into the woods to enjoy the view
4. According to Stevens, a good butler is probably born with ______________, as it is something that cannot be taught.
(c) Good taste
5. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
Short Answer Questions
1. The old man tells Stevens that it may be his last chance to ___________________________.
2. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
3. Why has Stevens missed out on a normal life?
4. What book does Mr. Stevens consult before leaving on his trip?
5. Who is Mr. Stevens' current employer?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)