|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under whom did Stevens train as a butler?
(a) His grandfather
(b) A professional services organization
(c) The Queen's butler
(d) His own father
2. How much has Mr. Stevens traveled in his life?
(a) Once a month
(b) Very little
(d) Once every six months
3. The old man tells Stevens that it may be his last chance to ___________________________.
(a) travel on this road
(b) take in such a spectacular view
(c) sleep at his inn
(d) eat at his restaurant
4. Mr. Stevens is not comfortable with American ________________.
5. How can Stevens' personality be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
2. Voicing his comparisons of himself to other butlers would be ____________.
3. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
4. How long has Miss Kenton been gone?
5. What was the number of staff employed at Darlington Hall 20 years ago?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)