|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Kenton?
(a) Mr. Faraday's assistant
(b) A chef at Darlington Hall
(c) Mr. Stevens' sister
(d) A former housekeeper at Darlington Hall
2. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
(a) 20 years
(b) 25 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 30 years
3. Where has Mr. Stevens been employed for many years?
(a) Darlington Hall
(b) British Secret Service
(d) Scotland Yard
4. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
5. In what does Mr. Faraday want to invest for Darlington Hall?
(a) Staff uniforms
(b) Permanent staff
(c) New china
(d) An antique clock
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
2. What does Mr. Faraday call Mr. Stevens when he learns of Mr. Stevens' plans to visit Miss Kenton?
3. How does Stevens feel about this widely accepted position?
4. How long has Miss Kenton been gone?
5. Who is Mr. Stevens' current employer?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)