|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old man tells Stevens that it may be his last chance to ___________________________.
(a) eat at his restaurant
(b) travel on this road
(c) sleep at his inn
(d) take in such a spectacular view
2. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is on the edge of the road
(b) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(c) He can't see the forest for the trees
(d) He is kind-hearted
3. What does Mr. Stevens hope to purchase before his trip?
(a) New books
(b) New car
(c) New luggage
(d) New clothes
4. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
(a) a command of the language
(b) strong faith
(c) a driver's license
(d) new clothes
5. How much has Mr. Stevens traveled in his life?
(a) Once a month
(c) Once every six months
(d) Very little
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Mr. Stevens consult before leaving on his trip?
2. Many people associated with the butler profession say that either a man has _______________________ or he does not.
3. How long has Miss Kenton been gone?
4. What quality does Stevens thinks makes a good butler?
5. Who is in charge of staffing at Darlington Hall?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)