|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Stevens receive from Miss Kenton?
(a) A letter
(b) A birthday card
(c) Tickets to the theater
(d) A Christmas gift
2. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(b) He is on the edge of the road
(c) He can't see the forest for the trees
(d) He is kind-hearted
3. What is Mr. Stevens considering at point in time?
(a) Taking a road trip
(b) Starting his own business
(c) Getting married
4. What can be enjoyed at the top of the hill?
(b) Poetry reading
(c) A concert
(d) The most beautiful view in England
5. How much has Mr. Stevens traveled in his life?
(a) Very little
(b) Once every six months
(d) Once a month
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Mr. Stevens consult before leaving on his trip?
2. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
3. According to Stevens, a good butler is probably born with ______________, as it is something that cannot be taught.
4. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
5. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)