|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Kenton?
(a) Mr. Faraday's assistant
(b) A chef at Darlington Hall
(c) A former housekeeper at Darlington Hall
(d) Mr. Stevens' sister
2. What can be enjoyed at the top of the hill?
(b) Poetry reading
(c) A concert
(d) The most beautiful view in England
3. What is the subject of Miss Kenton's letter?
(a) She is starting a restaurant
(b) She is recently divorced with no future plans
(c) She has a terminal illness
(d) She is moving to the United States
4. Voicing his comparisons of himself to other butlers would be ____________.
5. How can Stevens' father's demeanor best be described?
(c) Quiet reserve
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
2. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
3. What is Mr. Stevens considering at point in time?
4. What quality does Stevens thinks makes a good butler?
5. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)