|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Stevens missed out on a normal life?
(a) He does not drive
(b) He is too shy to get married
(c) He does not like meeting new people
(d) He is devoted to his job
2. Who is Mr. Stevens' current employer?
(a) Tony Blair
(b) Winston Churchill
(c) Margaret Thatcher
(d) Mr. Farraday
3. When Mr. Stevens encounters an old man on the road, what does the old man say?
(a) He prefers to walk
(b) He needs a ride to the next town
(c) He is waiting on a bus
(d) He invites Stevens into the woods to enjoy the view
4. The old man tells Stevens that it may be his last chance to ___________________________.
(a) travel on this road
(b) sleep at his inn
(c) take in such a spectacular view
(d) eat at his restaurant
5. Who is in charge of staffing at Darlington Hall?
(a) Miss Kenton
(b) Mr. Stevens
(c) Mr. Faraday
(d) Lord Darlington
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Miss Kenton been gone?
2. What has been the nature of Mr. Stevens' trips?
3. What does Mr. Stevens consider critical to his work?
4. What quality does Stevens thinks makes a good butler?
5. To what does Stevens compare himself?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)