|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stevens' father's profession?
2. What had Stevens said about employment by Lord Darlington when asked by a guest of Mr. Farraday's?
(a) He denied it
(b) He loved it
(c) He is glad it is over
(d) He hated it
3. Under whom did Stevens train as a butler?
(a) His grandfather
(b) The Queen's butler
(c) His own father
(d) A professional services organization
4. What has been the nature of Mr. Stevens' trips?
(a) Outings for professional duties
(b) Family holidays
(c) Annual vacations
(d) Family vacations
5. What accident does the elder Mr. Stevens have one day?
(a) Falls while carrying a tray of food for guests
(b) He is hit by a bicyclist
(c) Trips and falls on an icy sidewalk
(d) He sets fire to the drapes
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Mr. Stevens consult before leaving on his trip?
2. By what is a great household judged?
3. By what is Stevens conflicted?
4. What does Miss Kenton insinuate in her letter?
5. What does Mr. Stevens hope to purchase before his trip?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)