|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the elder Mr. Stevens tell Stevens?
(a) He wants to make out his will
(b) He would like some wine with dinner
(c) He loves him and is proud of him
(d) Stevens should marry Miss Kenton
2. By what is Stevens conflicted?
(a) Gossip and personal observations
(b) Duty and personal observations
(c) Duty and opinions
(d) Questions and opinions
3. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
(a) Did he turn in the grocer's order?
(b) Did he turn off the oven?
(c) Did he polish the silver?
(d) What qualities makes a good butler?
4. What happens when Stevens returns to his duties at the conference?
(a) The delegates leave to play golf
(b) The men take an afternoon break
(c) The elder Mr. Stevens dies
(d) The conference ends early
5. Where does Stevens go for help?
(a) The next town
(b) A large Victorian house
(c) A service station
(d) A nearby farm
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens consider the comments people still make about Lord Darlington?
2. Where is Stevens when he sees the sign?
3. Why has Stevens missed out on a normal life?
4. What is Stevens able to do in his position of head butler at the conference?
5. Where has Mr. Stevens been employed for many years?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)