|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the polished silver indicate about Lord Darlington's household?
(a) Only the surface of things matters
(b) Obsessive compulsive behavior
(c) Many parties
2. What is Stevens able to do in his position of head butler at the conference?
(a) Control who sleeps in the different rooms
(b) Garners information from all the dignitaries
(c) Have some brandy with the men after the meeting ends
(d) Arranges for evening entertainment
3. What does Stevens think about in the time before breakfast?
(a) Getting directions
(b) A noise the car made
(c) Buying an umbrella
(d) Miss Kenton's letter
4. What does the doctor do after attending to the elder Mr. Stevens?
(a) Attends the French delegate who has a foot problem
(b) Writes out a bill
(c) Plays golf with the delegates
(d) Has tea with Lord Darlington
5. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
(a) 3 years
(b) 30 years
(c) 25 years
(d) 20 years
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens consider the comments people still make about Lord Darlington?
2. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
3. Stevens' behavior indicates that he is haunted by ______________________.
4. How can Stevens' father's demeanor best be described?
5. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)