|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is kind-hearted
(b) He is on the edge of the road
(c) He can't see the forest for the trees
(d) He is always headed in the wrong direction
2. What does Mr. Faraday call Mr. Stevens when he learns of Mr. Stevens' plans to visit Miss Kenton?
(a) Delusional Fool
(b) Ladies Man
(c) Hopeless Romantic
(d) Eternal Optimist
3. Stevens believes that the rungs of a social ladder have been replaced by __________.
(a) stepping stones
(b) a step stool
(c) a cart
(d) a wheel
4. In what does Mr. Faraday want to invest for Darlington Hall?
(a) New china
(b) Permanent staff
(c) An antique clock
(d) Staff uniforms
5. Who is Mr. Stevens' current employer?
(a) Margaret Thatcher
(b) Winston Churchill
(c) Tony Blair
(d) Mr. Farraday
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stevens, what is another characteristic of a great butler?
2. What does Stevens think about in the time before breakfast?
3. Mr. Farraday's comment makes Mr. Stevens feel __________________.
4. Many people associated with the butler profession say that either a man has _______________________ or he does not.
5. What does Stevens secretly think about Lord Darlington?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)