|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the best butler Stevens has ever seen?
(a) His uncle
(b) His mentor
(c) His grandfather
(d) His father
2. What does Stevens think about in the time before breakfast?
(a) Buying an umbrella
(b) Getting directions
(c) A noise the car made
(d) Miss Kenton's letter
3. Where does Stevens go to admire some natural beauty?
(a) A meadow
(b) A woods
(c) A hilltop
(d) A nearby pond
4. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is kind-hearted
(b) He is on the edge of the road
(c) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(d) He can't see the forest for the trees
5. Stevens adamantly denies that Lord Darlington had __________________________.
(b) anti-Semite tendencies
(c) an extramarital affair
(d) a gambling problem
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the polished silver indicate about Lord Darlington's household?
2. In days past, what would indicate the greatness of a household?
3. Stevens' behavior indicates that he is haunted by ______________________.
4. Mr. Farraday's comment makes Mr. Stevens feel __________________.
5. What items seem to symbolize Stevens' recollection of the past?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)