|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people associated with the butler profession say that either a man has _______________________ or he does not.
(a) the right clothes
(b) the dignified qualities necessary
(c) a sense of humor
(d) the proper credentials
2. By what is a great household judged?
(a) How many parties it has
(b) Its religious affiliations
(c) Moral fiber and contributions to society
(d) How well the grounds are manicured
3. To what does Stevens compare being asked about a former employer in the presence of a current one?
(a) Being caught shoplifting
(b) A student in the principal's office
(c) A divorced woman with her current husband present
(d) Being stopped by a police officer
4. What does Mr. Faraday call Mr. Stevens when he learns of Mr. Stevens' plans to visit Miss Kenton?
(a) Delusional Fool
(b) Ladies Man
(c) Hopeless Romantic
(d) Eternal Optimist
5. What did some of the dinner guests later say about Lord Darlington?
(a) He lost his fortune
(b) He abused the staff
(c) He had many affairs
(d) He hosted Nazis
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Kenton interrupt the conference to beckon Stevens out of the room?
2. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
3. What does this road trip supply for Stevens?
4. How can Stevens' father's demeanor best be described?
5. What does Stevens decide about the answer to #113?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)