One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stevens believes that the rungs of a social ladder have been replaced by __________.
(a) a wheel
(b) stepping stones
(c) a cart
(d) a step stool
2. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
(a) What qualities makes a good butler?
(b) Did he polish the silver?
(c) Did he turn off the oven?
(d) Did he turn in the grocer's order?
3. What has Lord Darlington asked Stevens to do?
(a) Pick up a gift at the jeweler's
(b) Arrange a birthday celebration for a friend
(c) Find the Jewish girls and give them some compensation
(d) Terminate Miss Kenton
4. Who is the best butler Stevens has ever seen?
(a) His grandfather
(b) His mentor
(c) His uncle
(d) His father
5. Where does Stevens go to admire some natural beauty?
(a) A nearby pond
(b) A meadow
(c) A hilltop
(d) A woods
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
2. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
3. Where does Stevens go for help?
4. When Mr. Stevens encounters an old man on the road, what does the old man say?
5. Stevens realizes that he is ______________ when asked about employment with Lord Darlington.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)