Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been stolen from Minnie?
2. What does the constable take away from Butch?
3. Why does the policeman let the group pass?
4. How much did Otis charge children to watch Miss Corrie?
5. Where does Lucius find Corrie crying?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the following statement: Reivers is one of Faulkner's lesser works because it is written to entertain rather than to make an important statement. Using two examples from the book, argue for or against this statement.
Essay Topic 2
What difference does dialect make in the novel? Do the students think there are times that dialect does not work? When should a writer use dialect?
Essay Topic 3
The novel covers the taboo subject of prostitution. Do you think prostitution is a major problem in other countries? Which countries do the students think manage to deal with prostitution better? In what way is it better?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)