|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been stolen from Minnie?
2. What does the constable take away from Butch?
3. Why does the policeman let the group pass?
4. How much did Otis charge children to watch Miss Corrie?
5. Where does Lucius find Corrie crying?
Essay Topic 1
Why do the students think first person point of view is not necessarily reliable? What moments in the story do the students think are not so reliable and why? How different would the story be from another character's point of view? Would the story have different themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the southern Gothic genre.
1) What are the typical plot, character, and settings of the genre?
2) How has the genre developed over the years?
3) In general what thoughts and feeling does the southern Gothic novel express?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Lucius and Ned. Do you think they are more friends than master and servant? What does that say about the changing racial attitudes in south at that time? How different do you think their relationship would have changed if they met again today?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)