|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been stolen from Minnie?
2. What does the constable take away from Butch?
3. Why does the policeman let the group pass?
4. How much did Otis charge children to watch Miss Corrie?
5. Where does Lucius find Corrie crying?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the southern Gothic genre.
1) What are the typical plot, character, and settings of the genre?
2) How has the genre developed over the years?
3) In general what thoughts and feeling does the southern Gothic novel express?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think black men were emasculated during slavery? What affects do you think this had on black men when slavery was finally abolished? Do the students think these affects are still apparent today? How has black masculinity developed since the time of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the following statement: Reivers is one of Faulkner's lesser works because it is written to entertain rather than to make an important statement. Using two examples from the book, argue for or against this statement.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)