Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been stolen from Minnie?
2. What does the constable take away from Butch?
3. Why does the policeman let the group pass?
4. How much did Otis charge children to watch Miss Corrie?
5. Where does Lucius find Corrie crying?
Essay Topic 1
What difference does dialect make in the novel? Do the students think there are times that dialect does not work? When should a writer use dialect?
Essay Topic 2
The Reivers is written in the first person. Why do you think Faulkner chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it was written in the third person?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the following statement: Reivers is one of Faulkner's lesser works because it is written to entertain rather than to make an important statement. Using two examples from the book, argue for or against this statement.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)