|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the plow man do when people get stuck in the mud?
2. For how long does Lucius think the car can travel?
3. How far does Ludus' girlfriend live from town?
4. Who did Grandfather give the garage key to?
5. Whose services does Ned ask for for the evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ned going to win back the automobile?
2. Describe Ballenbaugh's.
3. Why can Boon not lock the automobile in the garage?
4. Why does Ned feel so at ease with the prostitutes?
5. How does the ploughman persuade Boon to pay him more money?
6. How does Miss Reba think Sam can assist them?
7. What is the unspoken agreement between Father and John?
8. What is the plan to get the horse on the train?
9. What does Lucius learn during the novel?
10. Why do they have to make the 23 train in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters from the novel.
1) What is the character's background.
2) What is the character's motivation and goals?
3) What do you think the character adds to the story? How would the story change if the character was removed?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the following statement: Reivers is one of Faulkner's lesser works because it is written to entertain rather than to make an important statement. Using two examples from the book, argue for or against this statement.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Faulkner use Memphis as his main setting? What affect does Memphis have on the characters' thoughts and actions? How would the story's meaning change if he used another setting such as Dallas? Would the characters act differently?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)