|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boon to Lucius' family
2. How old was Boon when he arrived at the hunting camp?
3. How many mules does the man with the plow have?
4. What is Lucius joining his cousin Ike to do?
5. What time of day does Ned promise to return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucius feel after he has driven the vehicle?
2. What does the ploughman's extortion of Boon express?
3. What does the conversation in Chapter 4 between Boon and Lucius show about both characters?
4. In what ways can Maury be seen as a positive character?
5. Why can Boon not lock the automobile in the garage?
6. What themes does Chapter 3 introduce?
7. Describe Ballenbaugh's.
8. What is the unspoken agreement between Father and John?
9. Why does Boon want to kill Ludus?
10. What does Lucius learn about Binford?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Lucius and Boon.
1) What is their relationship with their parents?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think Boon feels inferior to Lucius? How does this affect their relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the students think first person point of view is not necessarily reliable? What moments in the story do the students think are not so reliable and why? How different would the story be from another character's point of view? Would the story have different themes?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Faulkner's books have similar characters, themes, or settings? How has Faulkner's work matured over the years?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)