|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the story's narrator?
2. What does Boon suggest he and Lucius do to alleviate suspicion?
3. How many siblings does Lucius have?
4. How far does Ludus' girlfriend live from town?
5. What is the doctor's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ballenbaugh's.
2. What plot elements does this chapter introduce?
3. What themes does Chapter 3 introduce?
4. What does the conversation in Chapter 4 between Boon and Lucius show about both characters?
5. Why do they have to make the 23 train in Chapter 3?
6. Why does Boon want to kill Ludus?
7. What lies does Lucius tell in Chapter 3?
8. Why is Lucius so horrified that Boon has changed clothes?
9. How does Boon persuade Lucius to join him in his plan?
10. What are the elements of virtue and non-virtue that are shown in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Lucius and Boon.
1) What is their relationship with their parents?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think Boon feels inferior to Lucius? How does this affect their relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the students think first person point of view is not necessarily reliable? What moments in the story do the students think are not so reliable and why? How different would the story be from another character's point of view? Would the story have different themes?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the following statement: Reivers is one of Faulkner's lesser works because it is written to entertain rather than to make an important statement. Using two examples from the book, argue for or against this statement.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)