Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucius joining his cousin Ike to do?
2. How does Ned want to win back the vehicle?
3. In what drawer in his desk does father keep his pistol?
4. How much does father ask the sheriff to bond the two men?
5. What color shirt is Ned wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story Ned tells Grandfather?
2. How does Chapter 9 express themes of deception and abuse of power?
3. How does Ned train the horse?
4. Describe Ballenbaugh's.
5. How does the final scene in Chapter 4 express the theme of racism?
6. What is the plan to get the horse on the train?
7. What are the elements of virtue and non-virtue that are shown in this chapter?
8. Describe Boon's situation as a retainer.
9. What information does Lycurgus give Lucius in Chapter 11?
10. How does beginning of Chapter 5 describe the transition between Mississippi and Tennessee?
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing plays a big part in the novel. What is foreshadowing? How does Faulkner use foreshadowing in the novel? What affect does it have on the novel's meaning?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the following statement: Reivers is one of Faulkner's lesser works because it is written to entertain rather than to make an important statement. Using two examples from the book, argue for or against this statement.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Lucius and Ned. Do you think they are more friends than master and servant? What does that say about the changing racial attitudes in south at that time? How different do you think their relationship would have changed if they met again today?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)