|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal did Ned train to run like a horse?
2. Which city does Boon not mention?
3. With what have the holes in the path been filled?
4. Who does Boon ask to travel with him?
5. What color shirt is Ned wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Binford abuse the women in his charge?
2. How does Grandfather's purchase of the automobile show him to be a proud man?
3. Why does Ned feel so at ease with the prostitutes?
4. What lies does Lucius tell in Chapter 3?
5. Describe what Lucius sees along the path.
6. How is Ned going to win back the automobile?
7. Why is Lucius so horrified that Boon has changed clothes?
8. How does Miss Reba think Sam can assist them?
9. Summarize the novel.
10. Why did Grandfather purchase an automobile?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What difference does dialect make in the novel? Do the students think there are times that dialect does not work? When should a writer use dialect?
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing plays a big part in the novel. What is foreshadowing? How does Faulkner use foreshadowing in the novel? What affect does it have on the novel's meaning?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the following statement: Reivers is one of Faulkner's lesser works because it is written to entertain rather than to make an important statement. Using two examples from the book, argue for or against this statement.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)