|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs Ballenbaugh's?
2. Who is hiding under the tarp?
3. How does Lucius make manners to Miss Reba?
4. What is Lucius responsible for collecting for his father?
5. How much does Boon try to pay the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plot elements does this chapter introduce?
2. What lies does Lucius tell in Chapter 3?
3. How does the final scene in Chapter 4 express the theme of racism?
4. Why is Lucius so horrified that Boon has changed clothes?
5. What does the Iron Bridge symbolize?
6. Why can Boon not lock the automobile in the garage?
7. Describe Ballenbaugh's.
8. In what way does Binford abuse the women in his charge?
9. Why does Boon want to kill Ludus?
10. How does Miss Reba think Sam can assist them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Faulkner is a native of the southern states. Do you think it is better to write about what you know? What does a piece lack when it is written without a deep knowledge of the subject?
Essay Topic 2
The Reivers is written in the first person. Why do you think Faulkner chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it was written in the third person?
Essay Topic 3
What difference does dialect make in the novel? Do the students think there are times that dialect does not work? When should a writer use dialect?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)