|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Boon attack Butch?
(a) He slept with Corrie
(b) He drugged the horse
(c) He called him a queer
(d) He hit Ned
2. Where does Lucius find Corrie crying?
(a) Her bedroom
(b) The dining room
(c) The ladies lounge
(d) The bathroom
3. Who does Parsham say he will take Lucius to see in the morning?
4. What does Otis say he ran in Arkansas?
(a) A theater
(b) A peep show
(c) A bordello
(d) A market stall
5. What part of the horse does Ned say does not want to run?
(a) Its tail
(b) Its eyes
(c) Its head
(d) Its legs
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the policeman let the group pass?
2. Where does Ned tell Boon to take Corrie back to?
3. Who does Ned end up asking to ride the horse?
4. Who does Ned wait for to clean his clothing?
5. Where does Ned say Otis is likely to end up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Lightning win the race?
2. Why does Ned question the officer for his arrest?
3. Describe the character of Butch.
4. What was Lightning form in previous races?
5. What does Ned think Otis will do in Chapter 9?
6. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
7. In what way has Lucius matured since the beginning of the novel?
8. In what way does the content in this chapter show Lucius as still a child?
9. In what way has Sam showed his worth to the group?
10. In what way does Chapter 8 show the immense pride of the novel's black characters?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)