|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Butch ask Lycurgus to bring him?
(a) A beer
(b) A table
(c) A glass of water
(d) Two chairs
2. Who sleeps with Lucius in the attic?
3. What is the name of the track's owner?
(a) Mr. Parsham
(b) Mr. Binford
(c) Mr. van Tosch
(d) Colonel Linscomb
4. What reason does Corrie give for not servicing Boon's sexual needs?
(a) She is too tired
(b) She does not find him attractive
(c) She has contracted a disease
(d) She has quit her job
5. Which race does Ned tell Lucius he has to lose?
(a) The fourth race
(b) The second race
(c) The first race
(d) The third race
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Otis been found?
2. Where does Sam go to fetch a lawyer?
3. What is the name of the boy who meets Boon and Ned in Parsham?
4. Who does Miss Reba arrive with in this chapter?
5. Who does Parsham say he will take Lucius to see in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Lucius matured since the beginning of the novel?
2. How do the characters get the horse onto the train in Chapter 7?
3. In what way does Chapter 8 show the immense pride of the novel's black characters?
4. Describe the character of Butch.
5. How does Chapter 12 show the effects of sexual desire on an individual?
6. What is Ned's plan in Chapter 10?
7. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
8. Describe what has happened between Butch, Boon, and Everbe.
9. How does Lucius show his maturation as a young adult in this chapter?
10. How does Ned train the horse?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)