|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ned tell Boon to take Corrie back to?
(a) The train
(b) The racetrack
(c) The hotel
(d) The bordello
2. What do Lucius and Ned use to travel to the pasture?
(a) A mule
(b) A tractor
(c) A buggy
(d) Roller skates
3. Who escorts Corrie back to town?
(a) Miss Reba
4. What is the other rider's name?
5. What has Ned named the horse?
(c) Forked lightning
(d) Thunder Legs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the waiter say is waiting in the kitchen?
2. Why did Boon attack Butch?
3. What does Butch ask Lycurgus to bring him?
4. Who does Parsham say he will take Lucius to see in the morning?
5. Who has joined the women at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned think Otis will do in Chapter 9?
2. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
3. In what way does the content in this chapter show Lucius as still a child?
4. What does Corrie's character symbolize about women during the early 1900s in southern America?
5. How did Otis and his aunt extort Miss Corrie?
6. What information does Lycurgus give Lucius in Chapter 11?
7. Why does Ned question the officer for his arrest?
8. In what way does Chapter 8 show the immense pride of the novel's black characters?
9. Describe what has happened between Butch, Boon, and Everbe.
10. What differences does Chapter 11 show between Butch and the constable?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)