|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escorts Corrie back to town?
(a) Miss Reba
2. What reason does Corrie give for crying?
(a) Her father's death
(b) Boon's jealousy
(c) Otis' situation
(d) Lucius' kindness
3. Where does Corrie convince the wagon to stop?
(a) At the District Attorney's office
(b) At the doctor's office
(c) At the train station
(d) At a bar
4. How much did Otis charge children to watch Miss Corrie?
(a) Fifteen cents
(b) Two cents
(c) Five cents
(d) Ten cents
5. What is Lightning's previous name?
(c) Dollar Boy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman at the doctor's office announce Corrie and Lucius as?
2. Where has Otis been found?
3. Who has loaned Minnie's services to the hotel?
4. What does Lucius need the doctor to look at?
5. What is the name of the track's owner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ned question the officer for his arrest?
2. What does Ned think Otis will do in Chapter 9?
3. In what way does the appearance of Grandfather give the story a sense of dread?
4. Describe Otis.
5. How does Ned train the horse?
6. In what way has Lucius matured since the beginning of the novel?
7. How does Lucius show his maturation as a young adult in this chapter?
8. In what way does the content in this chapter show Lucius as still a child?
9. How can Lightning win the race?
10. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)