|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucius find Corrie crying?
(a) The ladies lounge
(b) The bathroom
(c) The dining room
(d) Her bedroom
2. What reason does Corrie give for crying?
(a) Lucius' kindness
(b) Her father's death
(c) Otis' situation
(d) Boon's jealousy
3. What does Otis say he ran in Arkansas?
(a) A bordello
(b) A market stall
(c) A theater
(d) A peep show
4. What reason does Corrie give for not servicing Boon's sexual needs?
(a) She is too tired
(b) She has quit her job
(c) She has contracted a disease
(d) She does not find him attractive
5. What do Sam and Boon use to force the car forward?
(c) Crow bars
(d) Their feet
Short Answer Questions
1. What color shirt does Uncle Parsham wear?
2. Who does Boon yell for Lucius to go and see?
3. What does Butch call Boon?
4. What had happened to Mr. Poleymus' wife the previous year?
5. Who does Ned end up asking to ride the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Lucius matured since the beginning of the novel?
2. What does Corrie's character symbolize about women during the early 1900s in southern America?
3. How does Ned train the horse?
4. In what way has Sam showed his worth to the group?
5. What does Ned think Otis will do in Chapter 9?
6. In what way does Chapter 8 show the immense pride of the novel's black characters?
7. What information does Lycurgus give Lucius in Chapter 11?
8. What was Lightning form in previous races?
9. Why does Ned question the officer for his arrest?
10. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)