|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Corrie give for not servicing Boon's sexual needs?
(a) She does not find him attractive
(b) She is too tired
(c) She has quit her job
(d) She has contracted a disease
2. What is Lightning's previous name?
(d) Dollar Boy
3. Where does Ned say Otis is likely to end up?
(a) A trailer house
(d) The streets
4. How much did Otis charge children to watch Miss Corrie?
(a) Five cents
(b) Ten cents
(c) Two cents
(d) Fifteen cents
5. Who sleeps with Lucius in the attic?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Lucius hear in the yard when he wakes?
2. Who does Ned wait for to clean his clothing?
3. Where does Ned tell Boon to take Corrie back to?
4. What does the woman at the doctor's office announce Corrie and Lucius as?
5. What does Otis say he ran in Arkansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters get the horse onto the train in Chapter 7?
2. Describe Otis.
3. In what way does the appearance of Grandfather give the story a sense of dread?
4. Describe the character of Butch.
5. In what way does the content in this chapter show Lucius as still a child?
6. How did the constable react to the fight between Butch and Boon?
7. In what way has Lucius matured since the beginning of the novel?
8. Why does Ned question the officer for his arrest?
9. How does Chapter 12 show the effects of sexual desire on an individual?
10. Describe what has happened between Butch, Boon, and Everbe.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)