|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Corrie sleep with Butch?
(a) For a job
(b) To get back at Boon
(c) To earn money
(d) To gain freedon for Ned and Boon
2. What does Lucius borrow from Mr. Parsham to travel into town?
(a) A mule
(b) An automobile
(c) A horse
(d) A donkey
3. What had happened to Mr. Poleymus' wife the previous year?
(a) She was raped
(b) She was in a train accident
(c) She had a heart attack
(d) She suffered a stroke
4. What is Miss Corrie's real name?
(a) Everbe Corinthia
(b) Natassha Filoponova
(c) Anita James
(d) Joanne McAnuff
5. What part of the horse does Ned say does not want to run?
(a) Its tail
(b) Its eyes
(c) Its legs
(d) Its head
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucius do when he sees Boon?
2. What does Corrie give the doctor instead of her handkerchief?
3. Why does the policeman let the group pass?
4. What color shirt does Uncle Parsham wear?
5. Who has loaned Minnie's services to the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what has happened between Butch, Boon, and Everbe.
2. What differences does Chapter 11 show between Butch and the constable?
3. What does Corrie's character symbolize about women during the early 1900s in southern America?
4. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
5. How did Otis and his aunt extort Miss Corrie?
6. Describe Otis.
7. How does Chapter 12 show the effects of sexual desire on an individual?
8. What does Ned think Otis will do in Chapter 9?
9. Why does Ned question the officer for his arrest?
10. How can Lightning win the race?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)