|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucius say he plans to do with the money he earns?
(a) Free Boon and Ned
(b) Buy an automobile
(c) Buy a buggy
(d) Buy a pack of beagles
2. What does Otis say he ran in Arkansas?
(a) A peep show
(b) A theater
(c) A bordello
(d) A market stall
3. What does Butch assume Ned cannot do?
4. What does Boon complain about that Corrie is not doing in this chapter?
(a) Attending to his sexual needs
(b) Cooking for the men
(c) Entertaining the men
5. Who does the group presume has stolen Minnie's tooth?
(a) Mr. Binford
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has joined the women at the hotel?
2. What does Corrie give the doctor instead of her handkerchief?
3. What is the name of the track's owner?
4. What does Ned ask Lucius for at the end of the chapter?
5. Who does Parsham say he will take Lucius to see in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned think Otis will do in Chapter 9?
2. What differences does Chapter 11 show between Butch and the constable?
3. How did Otis and his aunt extort Miss Corrie?
4. What does Corrie's character symbolize about women during the early 1900s in southern America?
5. In what way does Chapter 8 show the immense pride of the novel's black characters?
6. Describe Otis.
7. How did the constable react to the fight between Butch and Boon?
8. How can Lightning win the race?
9. In what way has Lucius matured since the beginning of the novel?
10. What was Lightning form in previous races?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)