|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which race does Ned tell Lucius he has to lose?
(a) The first race
(b) The third race
(c) The fourth race
(d) The second race
2. What is Miss Corrie's real name?
(a) Joanne McAnuff
(b) Anita James
(c) Everbe Corinthia
(d) Natassha Filoponova
3. Who does Parsham say he will take Lucius to see in the morning?
4. What does Lucius borrow from Mr. Parsham to travel into town?
(a) An automobile
(b) A horse
(c) A mule
(d) A donkey
5. Where does Sam go to fetch a lawyer?
(d) New Orleans
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ned plan to ask to ride the horse?
2. What is the other rider's name?
3. Why is Boon in awe of Lucius in this chapter?
4. What reason does Corrie give for not servicing Boon's sexual needs?
5. What has Ned named the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters get the horse onto the train in Chapter 7?
2. How did Otis and his aunt extort Miss Corrie?
3. In what way does the content in this chapter show Lucius as still a child?
4. What does Corrie's character symbolize about women during the early 1900s in southern America?
5. What is Ned's plan in Chapter 10?
6. Describe Otis.
7. What was Lightning form in previous races?
8. How does Lucius show his maturation as a young adult in this chapter?
9. How does Chapter 12 show the effects of sexual desire on an individual?
10. How does Chapter 9 express themes of deception and abuse of power?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)