|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the track's owner?
(a) Colonel Linscomb
(b) Mr. van Tosch
(c) Mr. Parsham
(d) Mr. Binford
2. What does Lucius do when he sees Boon?
(a) Screams at him
(b) Attacks him
(c) Hugs him
3. Whose voice does Lucius hear in the yard when he wakes?
(b) His grandfather's
(d) His father's
4. Where has Otis been found?
(a) In a bar
(b) At the racetrack
(c) At the bordello
(d) At the Parsham farm
5. Why did Corrie sleep with Butch?
(a) For a job
(b) To gain freedon for Ned and Boon
(c) To get back at Boon
(d) To earn money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman at the doctor's office announce Corrie and Lucius as?
2. What does Corrie give the doctor instead of her handkerchief?
3. Where does Ned tell Boon to take Corrie back to?
4. What do Sam and Boon use to force the car forward?
5. What strange word does Otis introduce to Lucius in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Otis and his aunt extort Miss Corrie?
2. How does Chapter 9 express themes of deception and abuse of power?
3. What does Ned think Otis will do in Chapter 9?
4. What is Ned's plan in Chapter 10?
5. What does Corrie's character symbolize about women during the early 1900s in southern America?
6. What was Lightning form in previous races?
7. What information does Lycurgus give Lucius in Chapter 11?
8. How does Ned train the horse?
9. How does Lucius show his maturation as a young adult in this chapter?
10. How does Chapter 12 show the effects of sexual desire on an individual?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)