|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has joined the women at the hotel?
(b) A guard
(c) A lawyer
2. What does the woman at the doctor's office announce Corrie and Lucius as?
(a) Race horse folk
(b) God's children
(c) The innocents
3. Who does Miss Reba arrive with in this chapter?
(c) Mr. Binford
4. What does Otis say he ran in Arkansas?
(a) A peep show
(b) A theater
(c) A market stall
(d) A bordello
5. Who does Parsham say he will take Lucius to see in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Lucius tell the difference between a bordello and a normal house?
2. What part of the horse does Ned say does not want to run?
3. How much did Otis charge children to watch Miss Corrie?
4. Where does Ned tell Boon to take Corrie back to?
5. What does the doctor ask for as payment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned think Otis will do in Chapter 9?
2. What is Ned's plan in Chapter 10?
3. Describe the character of Butch.
4. In what way does the appearance of Grandfather give the story a sense of dread?
5. What information does Lycurgus give Lucius in Chapter 11?
6. In what way has Lucius matured since the beginning of the novel?
7. How does Ned train the horse?
8. How can Lightning win the race?
9. In what way has Sam showed his worth to the group?
10. Describe what has happened between Butch, Boon, and Everbe.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)