|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Lucius tell the difference between a bordello and a normal house?
(a) The number of lights
(b) The noise from inside
(c) The number of women outside
(d) The number of people walking through the door
2. What does the doctor ask for as payment?
(a) Lucius' watch
(b) Corrie's handkerchief
(c) Minnie's gold tooth
(d) The horse
3. Who does Ned plan to ask to ride the horse?
(a) Miss Corrie
4. Who has loaned Minnie's services to the hotel?
(c) Miss Reba
(d) Mr. Binford
5. Who does Ned have with him?
(c) Miss Corrie
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Corrie say she will now use in her new life?
2. What does Boon complain about that Corrie is not doing in this chapter?
3. Where does Lucius find Corrie crying?
4. What has been stolen from Minnie?
5. What color shirt does Uncle Parsham wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Sam showed his worth to the group?
2. In what way does the content in this chapter show Lucius as still a child?
3. What differences does Chapter 11 show between Butch and the constable?
4. In what way does the appearance of Grandfather give the story a sense of dread?
5. What information does Lycurgus give Lucius in Chapter 11?
6. How did the constable react to the fight between Butch and Boon?
7. How does Lucius show his maturation as a young adult in this chapter?
8. In what way has Lucius matured since the beginning of the novel?
9. How do the characters get the horse onto the train in Chapter 7?
10. Describe the character of Butch.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)