|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corrie give the doctor instead of her handkerchief?
(a) A kiss
(b) A strand of her hair
(c) Her garter
2. Who does Ned have with him?
(b) Miss Corrie
3. Who does Lucius ask to sleep with in this chapter?
(d) Uncle Parsham
4. What reason does Lucius give for hating Miss Corrie?
(a) She is manipulative
(b) She is poor
(c) She is a victim
(d) She is stupid
5. What does Otis say he ran in Arkansas?
(a) A bordello
(b) A market stall
(c) A theater
(d) A peep show
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does a train leave for Jefferson?
2. What does Boon complain about that Corrie is not doing in this chapter?
3. Why does the policeman let the group pass?
4. Who has Miss Corrie asked to find her employment?
5. What do Sam and Boon use to force the car forward?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Sam showed his worth to the group?
2. How does Lucius show his maturation as a young adult in this chapter?
3. How can Lightning win the race?
4. How does Ned train the horse?
5. Describe the character of Butch.
6. Describe Otis.
7. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
8. What is Ned's plan in Chapter 10?
9. Why does Ned question the officer for his arrest?
10. In what way has Lucius matured since the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)