|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color shirt does Uncle Parsham wear?
2. Who escorts Corrie back to town?
(d) Miss Reba
3. What does Lucius borrow from Mr. Parsham to travel into town?
(a) An automobile
(b) A donkey
(c) A mule
(d) A horse
4. What does Corrie give the doctor instead of her handkerchief?
(b) A strand of her hair
(c) A kiss
(d) Her garter
5. What is the other rider's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the waiter say is waiting in the kitchen?
2. What is the name of the boy who meets Boon and Ned in Parsham?
3. What is the name of the track's owner?
4. What is Miss Corrie's real name?
5. How much does Otis demand for riding the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ned's plan in Chapter 10?
2. What differences does Chapter 11 show between Butch and the constable?
3. In what way has Sam showed his worth to the group?
4. Describe the character of Butch.
5. In what way does Chapter 8 show the immense pride of the novel's black characters?
6. How does Lucius show his maturation as a young adult in this chapter?
7. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
8. Why does Ned question the officer for his arrest?
9. How does Chapter 12 show the effects of sexual desire on an individual?
10. How do the characters get the horse onto the train in Chapter 7?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)