|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parsham teach Lucius to do in this chapter?
(a) Drive the mules of the buggy
(b) Play golf
(c) Talk to women
(d) Shoot a gun
2. What does Lucius need the doctor to look at?
(a) His groin
(b) His hand
(c) His foot
(d) His head
3. Who has joined the women at the hotel?
(c) A lawyer
(d) A guard
4. What does the constable take away from Butch?
(a) His money
(b) His gun
(c) His handcuffs
(d) His badge
5. What does Lucius borrow from Mr. Parsham to travel into town?
(a) A mule
(b) An automobile
(c) A donkey
(d) A horse
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucius do when he sees Boon?
2. Who does Boon yell for Lucius to go and see?
3. What is the other rider's name?
4. What is the name of the track's owner?
5. What has Ned named the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lightning form in previous races?
2. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
3. How does Chapter 12 show the effects of sexual desire on an individual?
4. What does Ned think Otis will do in Chapter 9?
5. Describe what has happened between Butch, Boon, and Everbe.
6. Describe Otis.
7. How does Chapter 9 express themes of deception and abuse of power?
8. In what way does the appearance of Grandfather give the story a sense of dread?
9. Why does Ned question the officer for his arrest?
10. How does Ned train the horse?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)