|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has loaned Minnie's services to the hotel?
(c) Mr. Binford
(d) Miss Reba
2. Who does Ned end up asking to ride the horse?
3. Who does the waiter say is waiting in the kitchen?
(a) The horse's owner
(b) Boon's coachman
(c) A policeman
(d) Boon's servant
4. What is the name of the opposing horse?
(a) Dark Horse
5. Who does Ned wait for to clean his clothing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ned have with him?
2. When does Lightning run faster?
3. What does Parsham take Lucius to do after dinner?
4. Why did Corrie sleep with Butch?
5. What does Otis say he ran in Arkansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ned's plan in Chapter 10?
2. How does Ned train the horse?
3. How did the constable react to the fight between Butch and Boon?
4. How do the characters get the horse onto the train in Chapter 7?
5. In what way does the appearance of Grandfather give the story a sense of dread?
6. How does Lucius show his maturation as a young adult in this chapter?
7. How does Chapter 12 show the effects of sexual desire on an individual?
8. What does Corrie's character symbolize about women during the early 1900s in southern America?
9. Describe what has happened between Butch, Boon, and Everbe.
10. What information does Lycurgus give Lucius in Chapter 11?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)