|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Otis demand for riding the horse?
2. What does Butch assume Ned cannot do?
3. What two characters arrive when Lucius wakes up?
(a) Sam and Boon
(b) Miss Reba and Mr. Binford
(c) Sam and Otis
(d) Otis and Corrie
4. Which two characters are arrested in this chapter?
(a) Ned and Boon
(b) Otis and Boon
(c) Ned and Miss Corrie
(d) Ned and Otis
5. Who does the group presume has stolen Minnie's tooth?
(c) Mr. Binford
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Butch ask Lycurgus to bring him?
2. What is the name of the opposing horse?
3. What is the name of the track's owner?
4. Who does Parsham say he will take Lucius to see in the morning?
5. What had happened to Mr. Poleymus' wife the previous year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Lightning win the race?
2. In what way does the content in this chapter show Lucius as still a child?
3. What does Ned think Otis will do in Chapter 9?
4. How does Chapter 12 show the effects of sexual desire on an individual?
5. In what way does the appearance of Grandfather give the story a sense of dread?
6. What information does Lycurgus give Lucius in Chapter 11?
7. What differences does Chapter 11 show between Butch and the constable?
8. In what way does Chapter 8 show the immense pride of the novel's black characters?
9. How does Chapter 9 express themes of deception and abuse of power?
10. What is Ned's plan in Chapter 10?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)