|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucius say he plans to do with the money he earns?
(a) Buy a buggy
(b) Buy an automobile
(c) Free Boon and Ned
(d) Buy a pack of beagles
2. Who does Parsham say he will take Lucius to see in the morning?
3. What does Butch call Boon?
(a) Sugar boy
(b) Big man
4. What does Corrie give the doctor instead of her handkerchief?
(a) A kiss
(b) A strand of her hair
(c) Her garter
5. What had happened to Mr. Poleymus' wife the previous year?
(a) She was in a train accident
(b) She was raped
(c) She had a heart attack
(d) She suffered a stroke
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Boon in awe of Lucius in this chapter?
2. What reason does Corrie give for crying?
3. Why did Boon attack Butch?
4. Who does Lucius ask to sleep with in this chapter?
5. What strange word does Otis introduce to Lucius in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
2. How does Chapter 12 show the effects of sexual desire on an individual?
3. What information does Lycurgus give Lucius in Chapter 11?
4. How did the constable react to the fight between Butch and Boon?
5. What differences does Chapter 11 show between Butch and the constable?
6. What is Ned's plan in Chapter 10?
7. What does Corrie's character symbolize about women during the early 1900s in southern America?
8. How does Chapter 9 express themes of deception and abuse of power?
9. How can Lightning win the race?
10. In what way has Sam showed his worth to the group?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)