|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do Boon and Lucius go to for dinner?
(a) Uncle Beaver
(b) Aunt Callie
(c) Miss Janus
(d) Mrs. Edmonds
2. Where does Ned plan to take the horse?
3. How far does Ludus' girlfriend live from town?
(a) Seven miles
(b) Six miles
(c) Ten miles
(d) Eleven miles
4. Who is hiding under the tarp?
5. What is the name of the bridge they pass over in this chapter?
(a) Iron Bridge
(b) The Endless Bridge
(c) Steel Bridge
(d) Aluminum Bridge
Short Answer Questions
1. How many families are responsible for Boon?
2. Where does Boon say they will reach in the morning?
3. How long does Grandfather say it will take until the road will be impassible by an automobile?
4. Whose services does Ned ask for for the evening?
5. What kind of animal did Ned train to run like a horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lies does Lucius tell in Chapter 3?
2. What does Lucius learn about Binford?
3. Why does Ned feel so at ease with the prostitutes?
4. How does Grandfather's purchase of the automobile show him to be a proud man?
5. Describe what Lucius sees along the path.
6. What plot elements does this chapter introduce?
7. Why can Boon not lock the automobile in the garage?
8. What themes does Chapter 3 introduce?
9. What are the elements of virtue and non-virtue that are shown in this chapter?
10. How does the final scene in Chapter 4 express the theme of racism?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)