|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Miss Corrie's body does Boon grab?
(a) Her shoulders
(b) Her buttocks
(c) Her hips
(d) Her breasts
2. Which room are Lucius and Boon staying in?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The loft
(c) The dining room
(d) The master bedroom
3. Which two characters will walk behind Sam and Boon?
(a) Ned and Minnie
(b) Otis and Lucius
(c) Corrie and Ned
(d) Ned and Lucius
4. What time of day does Ned promise to return?
(a) The evening
(b) The morning
(c) The night
(d) The afternoon
5. How old is Lucius in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Boon say they will reach in the morning?
2. Where does Lucius meet Boon?
3. Who does Miss Reba ask Miss Corrie to ring?
4. What year did Hightower come to Ballenbaugh's?
5. What does Boon say the problem will be when they reach Hell Creek?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Binford abuse the women in his charge?
2. What themes does Chapter 3 introduce?
3. Why did Grandfather purchase an automobile?
4. How does Miss Reba think Sam can assist them?
5. Describe what Lucius sees along the path.
6. Describe Boon's situation as a retainer.
7. In what ways can Maury be seen as a positive character?
8. Summarize the novel.
9. What lies does Lucius tell in Chapter 3?
10. What is the unspoken agreement between Father and John?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)