|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grandfather Priest's job?
2. What is Boon supposed to do with the car when he returns from town?
(a) Fill it with gasoline
(b) Wash it
(c) Lock it up
(d) Polish it
3. What does Lucius say happened to the car?
(a) It ran out of petrol
(b) It crashed
(c) Its wheel got stuck in a ditch
(d) It broke down
4. What is the name of the young woman who meets them at the door?
(b) Miss Connie
(c) Miss Reba
(d) Miss Pitstone
5. What does Boon attach to the vehicle in this chapter?
(b) A roof
(c) A windscreen
(d) A number plate
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ballenbaugh's?
2. What is Ludus' excuse for not returning with the team?
3. How much does father ask the sheriff to bond the two men?
4. Where does Boon say they will reach in the morning?
5. What does Boon press against the axle to get the car out of the hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lucius so horrified that Boon has changed clothes?
2. What does the conversation in Chapter 4 between Boon and Lucius show about both characters?
3. What does Lucius learn during the novel?
4. What is the plan to get the horse on the train?
5. What does Lucius feel after he has driven the vehicle?
6. How does the final scene in Chapter 4 express the theme of racism?
7. How does Boon persuade Lucius to join him in his plan?
8. Why does Boon want to kill Ludus?
9. Describe Boon's situation as a retainer.
10. What does the Iron Bridge symbolize?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)