|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucius joining his cousin Ike to do?
(b) Play golf
(c) Walk to school
2. How much does Boon try to pay the man?
3. What color hair does Miss Reba have?
4. What is Ballenbaugh's?
(a) A fishing camp
(b) A prison camp
(c) A farm
(d) A bordello
5. Where does Grandfather die?
(a) New Orleans
(b) Bay St. Louis
(d) Orange County
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucius say happened to the car?
2. In what drawer in his desk does father keep his pistol?
3. Which two characters will walk behind Sam and Boon?
4. For how long does Lucius think the car can travel?
5. Where does Lucius meet Boon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the elements of virtue and non-virtue that are shown in this chapter?
2. What does Lucius learn about Binford?
3. Why does Boon want to kill Ludus?
4. How does the final scene in Chapter 4 express the theme of racism?
5. Summarize the novel.
6. What themes does Chapter 3 introduce?
7. Why can Boon not lock the automobile in the garage?
8. In what ways can Maury be seen as a positive character?
9. Describe what Lucius sees along the path.
10. What plot elements does this chapter introduce?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)