|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters will walk behind Sam and Boon?
(a) Ned and Minnie
(b) Ned and Lucius
(c) Corrie and Ned
(d) Otis and Lucius
2. How does Lucius make manners to Miss Reba?
(a) He bows
(b) He kisses her cheek
(c) He embraces her
(d) He kisses her hand
3. What is Ballenbaugh's?
(a) A prison camp
(b) A bordello
(c) A fishing camp
(d) A farm
4. What does Grandfather accidentally spit out of the car's front window?
(b) Chewing gum
5. To whom do Boon and Lucius go to for dinner?
(a) Miss Janus
(b) Uncle Beaver
(c) Mrs. Edmonds
(d) Aunt Callie
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ned want to win back the vehicle?
2. What is Ludus' standard weekly pay?
3. To where are Boon and Lucius planning to travel?
4. What does Ned trade the automobile for?
5. Where does Lucius say they are staying in Memphis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ned going to win back the automobile?
2. Summarize the novel.
3. What does Lucius learn during the novel?
4. What themes does Chapter 3 introduce?
5. What plot elements does this chapter introduce?
6. What is the unspoken agreement between Father and John?
7. What does the conversation in Chapter 4 between Boon and Lucius show about both characters?
8. How does the final scene in Chapter 4 express the theme of racism?
9. How does the ploughman persuade Boon to pay him more money?
10. What are the elements of virtue and non-virtue that are shown in this chapter?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)