|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ludus' standard weekly pay?
2. Who is hiding under the tarp?
3. What does Ned trade the automobile for?
(a) A woman
(b) A horse
(c) A trumpet
(d) A mule
4. What does Boon attach to the vehicle in this chapter?
(a) A windscreen
(b) A number plate
(d) A roof
5. Where does Ned plan to take the horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Boon give for Memphis being quiet?
2. How many vehicles does Miss Ballenbaugh say has passed her house in the last two years?
3. What year did Hightower come to Ballenbaugh's?
4. How old is Lucius in the story?
5. Who did Boon give rides to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the conversation in Chapter 4 between Boon and Lucius show about both characters?
2. What does Lucius learn during the novel?
3. What themes does Chapter 3 introduce?
4. How is Ned going to win back the automobile?
5. What lies does Lucius tell in Chapter 3?
6. Describe Ballenbaugh's.
7. What are the elements of virtue and non-virtue that are shown in this chapter?
8. In what way does Binford abuse the women in his charge?
9. Why does Boon want to kill Ludus?
10. In what ways can Maury be seen as a positive character?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)