|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Lucius think the car can travel?
(a) Three days
(b) Five days
(c) Ten days
(d) Four days
2. What is Ludus' excuse for not returning with the team?
(a) He sprained his ankle
(b) He was robbed
(c) A wheel had broken on the wagon
(d) He got lost
3. Who did Grandfather give the garage key to?
(c) Mr. Ballot
4. What is Ned's reason for coming on the trip?
(a) He has more right than Boon or Lucius
(b) He needs to find a wife
(c) He needs to open a bank account
(d) Boon and Lucius need an adult
5. Who does Boon say can help Ned find somewhere to stay?
(a) The landlady
(b) The cleaner
(c) The cook
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ned plan to take the horse?
2. Which two characters will walk behind Sam and Boon?
3. How many siblings does Lucius have?
4. Who does Boon say created the bog?
5. How long is Ludus suspended for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ned going to win back the automobile?
2. In what way does Binford abuse the women in his charge?
3. What does Lucius learn during the novel?
4. How does Miss Reba think Sam can assist them?
5. Why is Lucius so horrified that Boon has changed clothes?
6. What does the conversation in Chapter 4 between Boon and Lucius show about both characters?
7. What does Lucius learn about Binford?
8. How does Grandfather's purchase of the automobile show him to be a proud man?
9. How does the final scene in Chapter 4 express the theme of racism?
10. What is the plan to get the horse on the train?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)