Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings does Lucius have?
2. Where does Ned plan to take the horse?
3. Whose staff did Boon join at the hunting camp?
(a) Gun cleaning staff
(b) Kitchen staff
(c) Livery staff
(d) Servant stff
4. Who does Miss Reba ask Miss Corrie to ring?
(b) Mr. Binford
5. What does Boon suggest he and Lucius do to alleviate suspicion?
(a) Lucius should wait outside of town
(b) Not to laugh or look nervous
(c) Lucius should take a train to the next town
(d) Separate and walk around town
Short Answer Questions
1. How many vehicles does Miss Ballenbaugh say has passed her house in the last two years?
2. What number train does the family have to catch?
3. Where does Lucius say they are staying in Memphis?
4. Who is hiding under the tarp?
5. Where do the men drive to in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lightning form in previous races?
2. What does the Iron Bridge symbolize?
3. What differences does Chapter 11 show between Butch and the constable?
4. How does beginning of Chapter 5 describe the transition between Mississippi and Tennessee?
5. Describe the character of Butch.
6. How does Grandfather's purchase of the automobile show him to be a proud man?
7. How did the constable react to the fight between Butch and Boon?
8. How does Ned train the horse?
9. What does Corrie's character symbolize about women during the early 1900s in southern America?
10. How does Miss Reba think Sam can assist them?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)