|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boon give Lucius to look after?
(a) A diamond ring
(b) His pocket Bible
(c) His keys and wallet
(d) His mother's photograph
2. What does Boon suggest he and Lucius do to alleviate suspicion?
(a) Not to laugh or look nervous
(b) Lucius should wait outside of town
(c) Lucius should take a train to the next town
(d) Separate and walk around town
3. How many siblings does Lucius have?
4. What does Lucius say that he and Boon still have to get?
5. How many vehicles does Miss Ballenbaugh say has passed her house in the last two years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the vehicle get stuck in?
2. What is Boon to Lucius' family
3. Who does Boon ask to travel with him?
4. What is Sam's job at the railway?
5. When is Mr. Ballot supposed to open the garage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucius feel after he has driven the vehicle?
2. How does the ploughman persuade Boon to pay him more money?
3. What does the Iron Bridge symbolize?
4. Why is Lucius so horrified that Boon has changed clothes?
5. What does the conversation in Chapter 4 between Boon and Lucius show about both characters?
6. In what way does Binford abuse the women in his charge?
7. Why did Grandfather purchase an automobile?
8. What are the elements of virtue and non-virtue that are shown in this chapter?
9. In what ways can Maury be seen as a positive character?
10. What does Lucius learn during the novel?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)