|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Hightower come to Ballenbaugh's?
2. What does the vehicle get stuck in?
(a) A ditch
(b) A hole
3. What special something does Minnie have?
(a) A swan-like neck
(b) A gold tooth
(c) Diamond-studded glasses
(d) A marble eye
4. At what time does the group reach Hell Creek?
(a) 11 am
(b) 10 am
(d) 8 am
5. Where does Lucius say they are staying in Memphis?
(a) A squat
(b) A boarding house
(c) A hotel
(d) A motel
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boon press against the axle to get the car out of the hole?
2. Which two characters will walk the horse to the train?
3. What is the name of the bridge they pass over in this chapter?
4. In what drawer in his desk does father keep his pistol?
5. What does Lucius say that he and Boon still have to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways can Maury be seen as a positive character?
2. Why did Grandfather purchase an automobile?
3. What does the conversation in Chapter 4 between Boon and Lucius show about both characters?
4. What themes does Chapter 3 introduce?
5. What does the ploughman's extortion of Boon express?
6. How does the final scene in Chapter 4 express the theme of racism?
7. How is Ned going to win back the automobile?
8. Why is Lucius so horrified that Boon has changed clothes?
9. What does Lucius learn about Binford?
10. What plot elements does this chapter introduce?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)