Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucius joining his cousin Ike to do?
(a) Walk to school
(c) Play golf
2. How does Ned want to win back the vehicle?
(a) In a game of marbles
(b) In a running race
(c) In a horse race
(d) In a game of cards
3. In what drawer in his desk does father keep his pistol?
(a) The top drawer
(b) The middle drawer
(c) The second drawer
(d) The bottom drawer
4. How much does father ask the sheriff to bond the two men?
5. What color shirt is Ned wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lucius meet Boon?
2. What is the name of the young woman who meets them at the door?
3. How many times does Boon try to shoot Ludus?
4. What kind of animal did Ned train to run like a horse?
5. Who runs Ballenbaugh's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story Ned tells Grandfather?
2. How does Chapter 9 express themes of deception and abuse of power?
3. How does Ned train the horse?
4. Describe Ballenbaugh's.
5. How does the final scene in Chapter 4 express the theme of racism?
6. What is the plan to get the horse on the train?
7. What are the elements of virtue and non-virtue that are shown in this chapter?
8. Describe Boon's situation as a retainer.
9. What information does Lycurgus give Lucius in Chapter 11?
10. How does beginning of Chapter 5 describe the transition between Mississippi and Tennessee?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)