|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the three men do once they pass Hell Creek?
(a) Play football
(c) Eat lunch
(d) Tell stories
2. How much does Boon try to pay the man?
3. What is Lucius joining his cousin Ike to do?
(a) Walk to school
(b) Play golf
4. How many vehicles does Miss Ballenbaugh say has passed her house in the last two years?
5. Where does Lucius say they are staying in Memphis?
(a) A motel
(b) A hotel
(c) A boarding house
(d) A squat
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was the wagon not loaded with?
2. What does Lucius say happened to the car?
3. At what time does the group reach Hell Creek?
4. What does Boon have to buy the young lady?
5. What is Boon to Lucius' family
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Lucius matured since the beginning of the novel?
2. What does Ned think Otis will do in Chapter 9?
3. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
4. What is the unspoken agreement between Father and John?
5. In what way has Sam showed his worth to the group?
6. In what way does the appearance of Grandfather give the story a sense of dread?
7. Why can Boon not lock the automobile in the garage?
8. How does the final scene in Chapter 4 express the theme of racism?
9. Describe Otis.
10. In what way does this chapter show Grandfather and Lucius as similar characters?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)