|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ned's reason for coming on the trip?
(a) He needs to open a bank account
(b) He needs to find a wife
(c) Boon and Lucius need an adult
(d) He has more right than Boon or Lucius
2. What reason does Boon give for Memphis being quiet?
(a) It is winter
(b) A storm is approaching
(c) It is Sunday
(d) People are on holiday
3. At what time does the group reach Hell Creek?
(a) 8 am
(b) 11 am
(c) 10 am
4. What is the name of the bridge they pass over in this chapter?
(a) Steel Bridge
(b) The Endless Bridge
(c) Iron Bridge
(d) Aluminum Bridge
5. Which two characters will walk the horse to the train?
(a) Sam and Boon
(b) Boon and Lucius
(c) Ned and Minnie
(d) Otis and Lucius
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man say the price is to pull the vehicle from the mud?
2. Whose services does Ned ask for for the evening?
3. What does Boon say the problem will be when they reach Hell Creek?
4. What color shirt is Ned wearing?
5. What is Lucius responsible for collecting for his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan to get the horse on the train?
2. What does Lucius feel after he has driven the vehicle?
3. How does Boon persuade Lucius to join him in his plan?
4. What lies does Lucius tell in Chapter 3?
5. How does beginning of Chapter 5 describe the transition between Mississippi and Tennessee?
6. Why does Ned feel so at ease with the prostitutes?
7. Why do they have to make the 23 train in Chapter 3?
8. How does the ploughman persuade Boon to pay him more money?
9. Why can Boon not lock the automobile in the garage?
10. In what ways can Maury be seen as a positive character?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)