|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boon attach to the vehicle in this chapter?
(a) A roof
(c) A number plate
(d) A windscreen
2. Where does Ned plan to take the horse?
3. In what drawer in his desk does father keep his pistol?
(a) The middle drawer
(b) The second drawer
(c) The top drawer
(d) The bottom drawer
4. What does Boon suggest he and Lucius do to alleviate suspicion?
(a) Lucius should wait outside of town
(b) Separate and walk around town
(c) Lucius should take a train to the next town
(d) Not to laugh or look nervous
5. What does Boon press against the axle to get the car out of the hole?
(a) A spanner
(b) His foot
(c) A jack
(d) A wedge
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ludus' standard weekly pay?
2. Where does Boon say the road stops being clear?
3. What is Ned's reason for coming on the trip?
4. How does Ned want to win back the vehicle?
5. How much does father ask the sheriff to bond the two men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Boon not lock the automobile in the garage?
2. Why do they have to make the 23 train in Chapter 3?
3. Why did Grandfather purchase an automobile?
4. What does Lucius feel after he has driven the vehicle?
5. What is the unspoken agreement between Father and John?
6. What does Lucius learn during the novel?
7. What is the plan to get the horse on the train?
8. Why does Boon want to kill Ludus?
9. Describe Boon's character.
10. Why is Lucius so horrified that Boon has changed clothes?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)