|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looks after Grandfather's automobile?
2. Where do the men drive to in this chapter?
(a) Sea World
3. How old is Lucius in the story?
4. What does the man say the price is to pull the vehicle from the mud?
5. What does the plow man do when people get stuck in the mud?
(a) Kills them
(b) Charges them for a room
(c) Rents one of his mules out
(d) Charges them to pull them out
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Boon when he arrived at the hunting camp?
2. How long does Grandfather say it will take until the road will be impassible by an automobile?
3. How many vehicles does Miss Ballenbaugh say has passed her house in the last two years?
4. Which of the following was the wagon not loaded with?
5. Where does Lucius meet Boon?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Boon show a lack of understanding for Corrie in Chapter 9?
2. What lies does Lucius tell in Chapter 3?
3. How does beginning of Chapter 5 describe the transition between Mississippi and Tennessee?
4. What does Lucius learn during the novel?
5. What themes does Chapter 3 introduce?
6. Describe the story Ned tells Grandfather?
7. In what way has Lucius matured since the beginning of the novel?
8. How is Ned going to win back the automobile?
9. What does the Iron Bridge symbolize?
10. How does Lucius show his maturation as a young adult in this chapter?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)