|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lightning run faster?
(a) When Lucius kicks him
(b) When Lucius whispers in his ear
(c) When he sees Miss Reba
(d) When he sees Ned
2. How much does Otis demand for riding the horse?
3. What is Miss Corrie's real name?
(a) Joanne McAnuff
(b) Anita James
(c) Everbe Corinthia
(d) Natassha Filoponova
4. Who does Ned wait for to clean his clothing?
5. What is the other rider's name?
6. How can Lucius tell the difference between a bordello and a normal house?
(a) The number of women outside
(b) The number of people walking through the door
(c) The noise from inside
(d) The number of lights
7. Why did Corrie sleep with Butch?
(a) For a job
(b) To earn money
(c) To get back at Boon
(d) To gain freedon for Ned and Boon
8. Who does Ned have with him?
(c) Miss Corrie
9. What do Sam and Boon use to force the car forward?
(c) Crow bars
(d) Their feet
10. Whose voice does Lucius hear in the yard when he wakes?
(a) His father's
(d) His grandfather's
11. What does Parsham teach Lucius to do in this chapter?
(a) Play golf
(b) Talk to women
(c) Shoot a gun
(d) Drive the mules of the buggy
12. What has Ned named the horse?
(b) Thunder Legs
(c) Forked lightning
13. What does Butch assume Ned cannot do?
14. What is the name of the track's owner?
(a) Colonel Linscomb
(b) Mr. van Tosch
(c) Mr. Binford
(d) Mr. Parsham
15. How large is the gap between the carriage and the car?
(a) 30 feet
(b) 50 feet
(c) 25 feet
(d) 10 feet
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ned say Otis is likely to end up?
2. Who does Ned end up asking to ride the horse?
3. Why is Boon in awe of Lucius in this chapter?
4. What time does a train leave for Jefferson?
5. Who does Boon yell for Lucius to go and see?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)