|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman at the doctor's office announce Corrie and Lucius as?
(a) Race horse folk
(b) The innocents
(d) God's children
2. What has been stolen from Minnie?
(a) Her hat
(b) Her gold tooth
(c) Her purse
(d) Her handkerchief
3. What reason does Corrie give for not servicing Boon's sexual needs?
(a) She has quit her job
(b) She is too tired
(c) She has contracted a disease
(d) She does not find him attractive
4. What two characters arrive when Lucius wakes up?
(a) Sam and Otis
(b) Otis and Corrie
(c) Miss Reba and Mr. Binford
(d) Sam and Boon
5. What does Boon complain about that Corrie is not doing in this chapter?
(a) Entertaining the men
(b) Attending to his sexual needs
(c) Cooking for the men
6. How much does Otis demand for riding the horse?
7. What had happened to Mr. Poleymus' wife the previous year?
(a) She was in a train accident
(b) She was raped
(c) She had a heart attack
(d) She suffered a stroke
8. Who does the group presume has stolen Minnie's tooth?
(c) Mr. Binford
9. What color shirt does Uncle Parsham wear?
10. What does Parsham teach Lucius to do in this chapter?
(a) Shoot a gun
(b) Play golf
(c) Drive the mules of the buggy
(d) Talk to women
11. Who does Ned plan to ask to ride the horse?
(b) Miss Corrie
12. Who has loaned Minnie's services to the hotel?
(b) Miss Reba
(d) Mr. Binford
13. What time does a train leave for Jefferson?
(a) 9.45 am
(b) 8 am
(d) 10 am
14. How much did Otis charge children to watch Miss Corrie?
(a) Two cents
(b) Fifteen cents
(c) Ten cents
(d) Five cents
15. Who does Ned wait for to clean his clothing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Lucius hear in the yard when he wakes?
2. What reason does Lucius give for hating Miss Corrie?
3. What do Sam and Boon use to force the car forward?
4. Who sleeps with Lucius in the attic?
5. What does Otis say he ran in Arkansas?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)