|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Otis been found?
(a) In a bar
(b) At the racetrack
(c) At the Parsham farm
(d) At the bordello
2. What does Lucius say he plans to do with the money he earns?
(a) Free Boon and Ned
(b) Buy an automobile
(c) Buy a pack of beagles
(d) Buy a buggy
3. Who does the waiter say is waiting in the kitchen?
(a) The horse's owner
(b) Boon's servant
(c) Boon's coachman
(d) A policeman
4. What does Otis say he ran in Arkansas?
(a) A peep show
(b) A bordello
(c) A theater
(d) A market stall
5. What name does Corrie say she will now use in her new life?
6. How large is the gap between the carriage and the car?
(a) 25 feet
(b) 30 feet
(c) 10 feet
(d) 50 feet
7. What does Butch ask Lycurgus to bring him?
(a) A beer
(b) Two chairs
(c) A table
(d) A glass of water
8. What time does a train leave for Jefferson?
(a) 9.45 am
(c) 8 am
(d) 10 am
9. What is Lightning's previous name?
(d) Dollar Boy
10. Who does Boon yell for Lucius to go and see?
(b) Miss Reba
11. What reason does Lucius give for hating Miss Corrie?
(a) She is manipulative
(b) She is poor
(c) She is a victim
(d) She is stupid
12. How much did Otis charge children to watch Miss Corrie?
(a) Ten cents
(b) Fifteen cents
(c) Five cents
(d) Two cents
13. Which two characters are arrested in this chapter?
(a) Ned and Otis
(b) Otis and Boon
(c) Ned and Miss Corrie
(d) Ned and Boon
14. How can Lucius tell the difference between a bordello and a normal house?
(a) The number of lights
(b) The noise from inside
(c) The number of women outside
(d) The number of people walking through the door
15. Who does Ned wait for to clean his clothing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the track's owner?
2. What strange word does Otis introduce to Lucius in this chapter?
3. What is the name of the opposing horse?
4. What is Miss Corrie's real name?
5. What does Parsham take Lucius to do after dinner?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)