|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ned plan to ask to ride the horse?
(a) Miss Corrie
2. Where does Ned tell Boon to take Corrie back to?
(a) The train
(b) The bordello
(c) The racetrack
(d) The hotel
3. What uniform is Minnie dressed in in this chapter?
(a) A maid's uniform
(b) An army uniform
(c) A doctor's uniform
(d) A nurse's uniform
4. Who does Ned have with him?
(b) Miss Corrie
5. What color shirt does Uncle Parsham wear?
6. Why did Otis previously want to be a police officer?
(a) The women
(b) The bribes
(c) The violence
(d) The guns
7. Why did Boon attack Butch?
(a) He slept with Corrie
(b) He drugged the horse
(c) He hit Ned
(d) He called him a queer
8. How much did Otis charge children to watch Miss Corrie?
(a) Five cents
(b) Ten cents
(c) Fifteen cents
(d) Two cents
9. What does Lucius say he plans to do with the money he earns?
(a) Buy a buggy
(b) Buy an automobile
(c) Buy a pack of beagles
(d) Free Boon and Ned
10. What strange word does Otis introduce to Lucius in this chapter?
11. What part of the horse does Ned say does not want to run?
(a) Its legs
(b) Its head
(c) Its tail
(d) Its eyes
12. What name does Corrie say she will now use in her new life?
13. Who has Miss Corrie asked to find her employment?
(a) Miss Reba
14. How large is the gap between the carriage and the car?
(a) 25 feet
(b) 30 feet
(c) 50 feet
(d) 10 feet
15. Who has joined the women at the hotel?
(b) A lawyer
(d) A guard
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Butch ask Lycurgus to bring him?
2. Who does Lucius ask to sleep with in this chapter?
3. What has been stolen from Minnie?
4. What does Butch call Boon?
5. What is the name of the opposing horse?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)