|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escorts Corrie back to town?
(d) Miss Reba
2. Where does Ned tell Boon to take Corrie back to?
(a) The hotel
(b) The bordello
(c) The train
(d) The racetrack
3. Why does the policeman let the group pass?
(a) He knows Sam
(b) He is blind
(c) He knows Ned
(d) He is a client of Miss Reba's
4. What does the woman at the doctor's office announce Corrie and Lucius as?
(b) God's children
(c) Race horse folk
(d) The innocents
5. Where does Ned say Otis is likely to end up?
(c) A trailer house
(d) The streets
6. What does Ned ask Lucius for at the end of the chapter?
(a) A gun
(b) A tobacco sack
(d) A bottle of water
7. Where does Corrie convince the wagon to stop?
(a) At the District Attorney's office
(b) At the train station
(c) At a bar
(d) At the doctor's office
8. What does the doctor ask for as payment?
(a) Lucius' watch
(b) Minnie's gold tooth
(c) Corrie's handkerchief
(d) The horse
9. What does Boon complain about that Corrie is not doing in this chapter?
(b) Attending to his sexual needs
(c) Cooking for the men
(d) Entertaining the men
10. What strange word does Otis introduce to Lucius in this chapter?
11. Who does Lucius ask to sleep with in this chapter?
(c) Uncle Parsham
12. Which race does Ned tell Lucius he has to lose?
(a) The third race
(b) The first race
(c) The second race
(d) The fourth race
13. What does Lucius need the doctor to look at?
(a) His foot
(b) His hand
(c) His head
(d) His groin
14. Whose voice does Lucius hear in the yard when he wakes?
(b) His father's
(c) His grandfather's
15. What does Butch ask Lycurgus to bring him?
(a) A table
(b) A beer
(c) A glass of water
(d) Two chairs
Short Answer Questions
1. How large is the gap between the carriage and the car?
2. When does Lightning run faster?
3. What time does a train leave for Jefferson?
4. What uniform is Minnie dressed in in this chapter?
5. How can Lucius tell the difference between a bordello and a normal house?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)