|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the track's owner?
(a) Mr. Binford
(b) Mr. van Tosch
(c) Colonel Linscomb
(d) Mr. Parsham
2. What does Lucius say he plans to do with the money he earns?
(a) Buy a pack of beagles
(b) Free Boon and Ned
(c) Buy a buggy
(d) Buy an automobile
3. What does Lucius do when he sees Boon?
(a) Screams at him
(b) Attacks him
(c) Hugs him
4. What does Lucius need the doctor to look at?
(a) His foot
(b) His groin
(c) His hand
(d) His head
5. Where does Corrie convince the wagon to stop?
(a) At a bar
(b) At the doctor's office
(c) At the train station
(d) At the District Attorney's office
6. What does Ned ask Lucius for at the end of the chapter?
(a) A gun
(c) A tobacco sack
(d) A bottle of water
7. Where does Sam go to fetch a lawyer?
(d) New Orleans
8. Where does Ned tell Boon to take Corrie back to?
(a) The train
(b) The hotel
(c) The racetrack
(d) The bordello
9. What does Parsham take Lucius to do after dinner?
(b) Ride a horse
10. What is the other rider's name?
11. Whose voice does Lucius hear in the yard when he wakes?
(a) His grandfather's
(b) His father's
12. Why does the policeman let the group pass?
(a) He is a client of Miss Reba's
(b) He knows Sam
(c) He is blind
(d) He knows Ned
13. What is the constable's name?
(a) Mr. Garp
(b) Mr. Langley
(c) Mr. Poleymus
(d) Mr. Platypus
14. Who escorts Corrie back to town?
(a) Miss Reba
15. What does Boon complain about that Corrie is not doing in this chapter?
(b) Entertaining the men
(c) Attending to his sexual needs
(d) Cooking for the men
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the constable take away from Butch?
2. Who does Boon yell for Lucius to go and see?
3. How much does Otis demand for riding the horse?
4. Who has loaned Minnie's services to the hotel?
5. Who has joined the women at the hotel?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)