|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Corrie give for crying?
(a) Lucius' kindness
(b) Boon's jealousy
(c) Her father's death
(d) Otis' situation
2. Who does Ned have with him?
(a) Miss Corrie
3. Who has loaned Minnie's services to the hotel?
(c) Mr. Binford
(d) Miss Reba
4. What does Lucius need the doctor to look at?
(a) His groin
(b) His hand
(c) His head
(d) His foot
5. What time does a train leave for Jefferson?
(a) 8 am
(b) 10 am
(c) 9.45 am
6. What strange word does Otis introduce to Lucius in this chapter?
7. What uniform is Minnie dressed in in this chapter?
(a) A nurse's uniform
(b) An army uniform
(c) A doctor's uniform
(d) A maid's uniform
8. Which race does Ned tell Lucius he has to lose?
(a) The first race
(b) The third race
(c) The fourth race
(d) The second race
9. How can Lucius tell the difference between a bordello and a normal house?
(a) The number of people walking through the door
(b) The noise from inside
(c) The number of women outside
(d) The number of lights
10. Where does Corrie convince the wagon to stop?
(a) At the District Attorney's office
(b) At a bar
(c) At the doctor's office
(d) At the train station
11. What color shirt does Uncle Parsham wear?
12. Why did Otis previously want to be a police officer?
(a) The guns
(b) The women
(c) The violence
(d) The bribes
13. What has been stolen from Minnie?
(a) Her hat
(b) Her gold tooth
(c) Her handkerchief
(d) Her purse
14. Who does Miss Reba arrive with in this chapter?
(a) Mr. Binford
15. What is Lightning's previous name?
(c) Dollar Boy
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the policeman let the group pass?
2. What does Otis say he ran in Arkansas?
3. Who does Ned plan to ask to ride the horse?
4. What is the name of the boy who meets Boon and Ned in Parsham?
5. What does Parsham teach Lucius to do in this chapter?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)