|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucius need the doctor to look at?
(a) His foot
(b) His head
(c) His hand
(d) His groin
2. What two characters arrive when Lucius wakes up?
(a) Sam and Boon
(b) Sam and Otis
(c) Otis and Corrie
(d) Miss Reba and Mr. Binford
3. Why did Boon attack Butch?
(a) He slept with Corrie
(b) He drugged the horse
(c) He called him a queer
(d) He hit Ned
4. What is the name of the opposing horse?
(d) Dark Horse
5. What does Lucius borrow from Mr. Parsham to travel into town?
(a) A mule
(b) A horse
(c) A donkey
(d) An automobile
6. Who does the group presume has stolen Minnie's tooth?
(d) Mr. Binford
7. Where does Sam go to fetch a lawyer?
(b) New Orleans
8. What has been stolen from Minnie?
(a) Her handkerchief
(b) Her gold tooth
(c) Her hat
(d) Her purse
9. What do Lucius and Ned use to travel to the pasture?
(a) A tractor
(b) A mule
(c) A buggy
(d) Roller skates
10. Where does Corrie convince the wagon to stop?
(a) At the District Attorney's office
(b) At a bar
(c) At the doctor's office
(d) At the train station
11. Who does Ned end up asking to ride the horse?
12. What is Lightning's previous name?
(c) Dollar Boy
13. What does Lucius do when he sees Boon?
(a) Hugs him
(b) Attacks him
(c) Screams at him
14. Who does Parsham say he will take Lucius to see in the morning?
15. What part of the horse does Ned say does not want to run?
(a) Its legs
(b) Its tail
(c) Its eyes
(d) Its head
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Lucius give for hating Miss Corrie?
2. What does Butch call Boon?
3. Why does the policeman let the group pass?
4. What does Butch assume Ned cannot do?
5. Where does Ned say Otis is likely to end up?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)