|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned trade the automobile for?
(a) A woman
(b) A horse
(c) A mule
(d) A trumpet
2. Which two characters will walk behind Sam and Boon?
(a) Corrie and Ned
(b) Ned and Lucius
(c) Ned and Minnie
(d) Otis and Lucius
3. What does Boon say the problem will be when they reach Hell Creek?
(a) It is impossible to pass
(b) It is full of dangerous animals
(c) They have to pay a toll
(d) It is full of bandits
4. How old is Lucius in the story?
5. Who does Boon ask to travel with him?
6. Which of the following was the wagon not loaded with?
(d) Coal oil
7. Where does Grandfather die?
(a) Bay St. Louis
(b) Orange County
(d) New Orleans
8. What is Boon supposed to do with the car when he returns from town?
(a) Fill it with gasoline
(b) Lock it up
(c) Polish it
(d) Wash it
9. With what have the holes in the path been filled?
(a) Dead animals
(b) Brushtops and limbs
10. How many mules does the man with the plow have?
11. Where does John keep his pistol?
(a) In his locker
(b) In his work jacket
(c) In his work bag
(d) In his desk
12. What is Sam's job at the railway?
(c) Station master
13. How much does Boon have to pay the young lady's father?
14. What is Grandfather Priest's job?
15. What does the plow man do when people get stuck in the mud?
(a) Rents one of his mules out
(b) Kills them
(c) Charges them for a room
(d) Charges them to pull them out
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Grandfather give the garage key to?
2. Where does Boon get his coat and grip?
3. What does Lucius say happened to the car?
4. How many siblings does Lucius have?
5. What does Boon give Lucius to look after?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)