|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boon attach to the vehicle in this chapter?
(a) A windscreen
(b) A number plate
(c) A roof
2. How old is Lucius in the story?
3. When is Mr. Ballot supposed to open the garage?
(a) Every evening at 7pm
(b) The day the family returns from the funeral
(c) When Boon needs to go to the shops
(d) Every morning
4. On what day does the story begin?
5. What is Ludus' excuse for not returning with the team?
(a) A wheel had broken on the wagon
(b) He got lost
(c) He sprained his ankle
(d) He was robbed
6. What do the three men do once they pass Hell Creek?
(a) Eat lunch
(b) Play football
(d) Tell stories
7. Who is hiding under the tarp?
8. How much does Boon try to pay the man?
9. What is Ned's job?
10. How far does Ludus' girlfriend live from town?
(a) Six miles
(b) Eleven miles
(c) Seven miles
(d) Ten miles
11. For how long does Lucius think the car can travel?
(a) Three days
(b) Four days
(c) Ten days
(d) Five days
12. Whose services does Ned ask for for the evening?
(a) Mrs. Binford
(c) Miss Connie
(d) Miss Reba
13. How many times does Boon try to shoot Ludus?
14. What is Lucius responsible for collecting for his father?
(a) Freight bills
(b) The telephone bill
15. Who is responsible for the stem power plant?
(a) Mr. Buffaloe
(b) Mr. Priest
(c) Mr. Potts
(d) Mr. Davis
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mules does the man with the plow have?
2. Who looks after Grandfather's automobile?
3. What part of Miss Corrie's body does Boon grab?
4. What was the hotel called where Boon stayed?
5. What does Boon press against the axle to get the car out of the hole?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)