|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ned plan to take the horse?
2. How many mules does the man with the plow have?
3. How many vehicles does Miss Ballenbaugh say has passed her house in the last two years?
4. Who looks after Grandfather's automobile?
5. How much does Boon try to pay the man?
6. What color shirt is Ned wearing?
7. What kind of animal did Ned train to run like a horse?
(a) A donkey
(b) A tiger
(c) A mule
(d) A dog
8. What does Lucius say happened to the car?
(a) Its wheel got stuck in a ditch
(b) It broke down
(c) It crashed
(d) It ran out of petrol
9. What does Boon attach to the vehicle in this chapter?
(a) A windscreen
(c) A number plate
(d) A roof
10. What does Boon have to buy the young lady?
(b) A new dress
(c) A new pair of shoes
(d) A bonnet
11. How much does father ask the sheriff to bond the two men?
12. Who does not want children in the house?
(a) The customers
(b) Miss Reba
(c) Mr. Binford
13. Which room are Lucius and Boon staying in?
(a) The dining room
(b) The kitchen
(c) The loft
(d) The master bedroom
14. How many siblings does Lucius have?
15. What is Ludus' excuse for not returning with the team?
(a) He sprained his ankle
(b) He got lost
(c) A wheel had broken on the wagon
(d) He was robbed
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lucius in the story?
2. What is the name of the family Lucius has to stay with?
3. Who does Boon say can help Ned find somewhere to stay?
4. Where does John keep his pistol?
5. On what day does the story begin?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)