|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Boon say they will reach in the morning?
(a) St. Louis
(b) Hell Creek
(c) Devil's Corner
2. How much does Boon try to pay the man?
3. What does Boon give Lucius to look after?
(a) His keys and wallet
(b) His mother's photograph
(c) A diamond ring
(d) His pocket Bible
4. Which room are Lucius and Boon staying in?
(a) The master bedroom
(b) The dining room
(c) The kitchen
(d) The loft
5. What is Ned's reason for coming on the trip?
(a) He needs to open a bank account
(b) He has more right than Boon or Lucius
(c) He needs to find a wife
(d) Boon and Lucius need an adult
6. To whom do Boon and Lucius go to for dinner?
(a) Mrs. Edmonds
(b) Miss Janus
(c) Uncle Beaver
(d) Aunt Callie
7. Where does Lucius meet Boon?
(a) The carriage house
(b) The musuem
(c) The train station
(d) The boat house
8. Which two characters will walk the horse to the train?
(a) Boon and Lucius
(b) Otis and Lucius
(c) Sam and Boon
(d) Ned and Minnie
9. What is Ballenbaugh's?
(a) A farm
(b) A prison camp
(c) A fishing camp
(d) A bordello
10. How much does Boon offer father?
11. What year did Hightower come to Ballenbaugh's?
12. What is the name of the bridge they pass over in this chapter?
(a) Iron Bridge
(b) Aluminum Bridge
(c) The Endless Bridge
(d) Steel Bridge
13. What is the name of the family Lucius has to stay with?
14. What does the plow man do when people get stuck in the mud?
(a) Rents one of his mules out
(b) Charges them to pull them out
(c) Charges them for a room
(d) Kills them
15. Where does Grandfather die?
(a) Bay St. Louis
(c) Orange County
(d) New Orleans
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John keep his pistol?
2. On what day does the story begin?
3. What is Lucius joining his cousin Ike to do?
4. How long does Grandfather say it will take until the road will be impassible by an automobile?
5. What is the full name of the story's narrator?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)