|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many vehicles does Miss Ballenbaugh say has passed her house in the last two years?
2. To whom do Boon and Lucius go to for dinner?
(a) Miss Janus
(b) Uncle Beaver
(c) Mrs. Edmonds
(d) Aunt Callie
3. What city do the men start to drive toward after the bridge?
(a) St. Louis
(b) New Orleans
4. What does Boon say the problem will be when they reach Hell Creek?
(a) It is full of dangerous animals
(b) It is impossible to pass
(c) It is full of bandits
(d) They have to pay a toll
5. How old is Lucius in the story?
6. What does Boon give Lucius to look after?
(a) A diamond ring
(b) His pocket Bible
(c) His mother's photograph
(d) His keys and wallet
7. How old was Boon when he arrived at the hunting camp?
8. What does the man say the price is to pull the vehicle from the mud?
9. When is Mr. Ballot supposed to open the garage?
(a) Every evening at 7pm
(b) The day the family returns from the funeral
(c) Every morning
(d) When Boon needs to go to the shops
10. What is the name of the bridge they pass over in this chapter?
(a) Iron Bridge
(b) Steel Bridge
(c) The Endless Bridge
(d) Aluminum Bridge
11. Whose services does Ned ask for for the evening?
(b) Miss Connie
(c) Miss Reba
(d) Mrs. Binford
12. What does Ned have a special talent for?
(b) Riding horses
(d) Driving horses to run
13. What did the family develop in the car to protect them?
(a) An emergency brake
(b) A roof
(c) Seat belts
(d) A screen
14. Who does Miss Reba ask Miss Corrie to ring?
(b) Mr. Binford
15. Where does Ned plan to take the horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young woman who meets them at the door?
2. What does Lucius say that he and Boon still have to get?
3. What reason does Boon give for Memphis being quiet?
4. What year did Hightower come to Ballenbaugh's?
5. What was the hotel called where Boon stayed?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)