|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does Ned promise to return?
(a) The evening
(b) The morning
(c) The night
(d) The afternoon
2. How much does Boon have to pay the young lady's father?
3. Which city does Boon not mention?
(a) San Francisco
(d) New Orleans
4. What does Boon attach to the vehicle in this chapter?
(a) A roof
(b) A number plate
(c) A windscreen
5. How much does father ask the sheriff to bond the two men?
6. What is the name of the young woman who meets them at the door?
(a) Miss Connie
(b) Miss Reba
(c) Miss Pitstone
7. What is Grandfather Priest's job?
8. Where does John keep his pistol?
(a) In his work jacket
(b) In his work bag
(c) In his desk
(d) In his locker
9. How much does Boon try to pay the man?
10. Where does Lucius meet Boon?
(a) The musuem
(b) The boat house
(c) The carriage house
(d) The train station
11. What is Boon supposed to do with the car when he returns from town?
(a) Polish it
(b) Wash it
(c) Fill it with gasoline
(d) Lock it up
12. What does Ned have a special talent for?
(b) Driving horses to run
(c) Riding horses
13. At what time does the group reach Hell Creek?
(a) 8 am
(b) 11 am
(d) 10 am
14. What is the full name of the story's narrator?
(a) Lucius Priest
(b) Lucas Pest
(c) John Powell
(d) Boon Hogganback
15. What reason does Boon give for Memphis being quiet?
(a) It is Sunday
(b) A storm is approaching
(c) It is winter
(d) People are on holiday
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lucius in the story?
2. What does Lucius say happened to the car?
3. In what drawer in his desk does father keep his pistol?
4. What did the family develop in the car to protect them?
5. What kind of animal did Ned train to run like a horse?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)