Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Burns go one night during a storm?
2. What does Owen feel when leaving Sassoon?
3. How does Brock feel about the war and men?
4. What does Prior not want to happen?
5. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
When Dr. Rivers transfers to a hospital in London he works with Dr. Yealland who is experimenting with electro-shock treatments.
1. Do you think physicians should be allowed to experiment on patients? Why or why not?
2. Who do you think should be responsible for the ethical aspects of new treatments for patients? Explain your answer using examples from the book to support your explanation.
3. Throughout history, even in present times, mentally ill patients are judged differently than physically ill patients. Explain, in depth, why you do or do not agree with this statement.
Discuss one of the following:
1. Compare Sassoon's feelings about war and his assertion that it is not justified in the case of the First World War, with the ideas many Vietnam draftees expressed.
2. Do you think Sassoon's reaction to war is a common reaction for soldiers? Why or why not?
3. There is an idea that rich, political persons declare war but the common, poor person fights them. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Regeneration based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if it is a successful novel. Explain your rationale with specific examples.
3. Do you think the fact that Regeneration falls within the genre of historical fiction and/or political protest changes the criteria upon which its success should be judged? Explain.
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)