Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Second-lieutenant Prior?
2. Why does Prior apologize to Rivers?
3. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
4. How does Sassoon feel towards civilians?
5. What is Dr. Rivers' response to Prior's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Anderson and why is he at the hospital?
2. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
3. What does Rivers see when Prior's parents visit?
4. Describe the nightmare Rivers had in Chapter 22 and Rivers' interpretation of the nightmare.
5. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
6. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
7. Who is suppose to go on the train with Sassoon and why doesn't he?
8. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
9. Why does Sassoon meet Graves in Chapter 17 and what does he tell Graves?
10. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
Sassoon, the protagonist was a British soldier in the First World War.
1. Research and write an expository essay about how the First World War begins and ends.
2. Research and write an expository essay about the causes of the tremendous numbers of deaths in the First World War.
3. Compare/Contrast the issues in the First World War compared with the issues in the Second World War.
Regeneration is set in an actual historical war.
1. Do you think Regeneration qualifies as an historical fiction or political protest? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. If much of the events in the book are historical, what surprises you about the way the events play out?
3. Do you think the culture of that era (early 1900s) is more or less advanced than you imagined? Explain. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Regeneration is the first book in a trilogy involving Sassoon, Rivers and others. Discuss the following.
1. What are two advantages of writing several novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are two disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Do you prefer to read a stand-alone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier or more difficult (or about the same) to write a stand-alone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)