|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Dr. Rivers' brother having a chicken farm?
(a) To be out in the fresh air a lot.
(b) To please his wife.
(c) To please their parents.
(d) As a social experiment.
2. What does Dr. Rivers think about Bryce?
(a) He thinks he is too mentally ill to work.
(b) That Bryce is faking his problem.
(c) He thinks he will be gone in a month.
(d) That Bryce will recover, but it will take many years.
3. How does Burns seem to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Odd but sane.
(b) Burns acts as if he does not know Dr. Rivers.
4. What happens to Madge's unborn baby?
(a) It dies from the shrapnel wound.
(b) It aborts, probably from the side effects of the munitions powder.
(c) It dies from the flu Madge has and they have to do a C section.
(d) It survives.
5. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
(a) Many a kestrel.
(b) A pigeon and a dove.
(c) Many enemy soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Prior when he sees Sarah in the daylight for the first time?
2. What does Bryce order Dr. Rivers to do?
3. What is a first for Sarah and Prior?
4. What does Sassoon read to Owen?
5. How does Sarah's mother say men love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Burns in Chapter 13?
2. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
3. How is Willard doing by Chapter 20 and to what does he credit his state?
4. Who gives Rivers a tour of the National Hospital and what does Rivers thinks of that man's treatment methods?
5. What is Rivers doing in Chapter 20 and why?
6. What do Owen and Sassoon do the last time they meet?
7. What does Sarah's mother tell her about romance?
8. How does Sarah feel about Prior when he has not seen her for a week and what does he tell her?
9. What does Rivers try to do for his brother while on leave but what does he end up doing?
10. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)