|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Rivers doing in Chapter 20?
(a) Making his last rounds at Craiglockhart.
(b) Meeting with his lover.
(c) Writing his observations of Sassoon.
(d) Writing a letter to his father.
2. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
(a) That Sarah is wise.
(b) That Sarah is a fool.
(c) That Sarah is confused.
(d) That it is an opportunity if she can get him to marry her.
3. What surprises Prior when he sees Sarah in the daylight for the first time?
(a) How yellow her skin is.
(b) That she cannot talk in full sentences without being breathless.
(c) How bad her left hand shakes.
4. What does Rivers spend much time doing while at the chicken farm?
(a) Reading fiction.
(b) Riding the one horse.
(c) Remembering his childhood.
(d) Cleaning out cages.
5. Who does Rivers see before leaving?
(a) His lover.
(c) His commanding officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening in August at the opening of Chapter 18?
2. What happens to Madge's unborn baby?
3. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
4. How is Dr. Yealland's bedside manner?
5. To what does Willard attribute what happens to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the board decide to do about Prior in Chapter 18?
2. Why does Sassoon meet Graves in Chapter 17 and what does he tell Graves?
3. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
4. Why does Rivers go to Aldebugh?
5. Why does Rivers visit Henry Head and what does Head offer him?
6. Where does Rivers go on leave and why is that place there for him to visit?
7. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
8. What do Prior and Sarah do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
9. What does Sassoon do about one of Owen's poems?
10. What is Rivers doing in Chapter 20 and why?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)