|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owen feel when leaving Sassoon?
(c) A great sense of loss.
2. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
(b) Many a kestrel.
(c) A pigeon and a dove.
(d) Many enemy soldiers.
3. What does Rivers spend much time doing while at the chicken farm?
(a) Remembering his childhood.
(b) Cleaning out cages.
(c) Reading fiction.
(d) Riding the one horse.
4. What sort of problem does Rivers remember he had as a child?
(b) A bad limp from polio.
(d) Crossed eyes.
5. What does Prior believe Sarah should do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Pay him in some way for fighting for freedom.
(c) Not see him again.
(d) Meet his best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Willard attribute what happens to him?
2. How does Sarah's mother say a woman loves a man?
3. What does Sassoon realize about Dr. Rivers?
4. What upsets Prior in Chapter 18?
5. Where is Rivers headed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rivers doing in Chapter 20 and why?
2. Who gives Rivers a tour of the National Hospital and what does Rivers thinks of that man's treatment methods?
3. What does Sassoon do about the medical boards in August?
4. What do Owen and Sassoon do the last time they meet?
5. What does Sarah find out about Madge at work?
6. What do Prior and Sarah do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
7. What does Rivers do that makes the other board members stare at him?
8. What happens to Burns in Chapter 13?
9. Why does Sassoon meet Graves in Chapter 17 and what does he tell Graves?
10. Why does Rivers visit Henry Head and what does Head offer him?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)