|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening in August at the opening of Chapter 18?
(a) The medical boards.
(b) An armistice.
(c) Another front has opened up in France.
(d) Dr. Rivers is reassigned.
2. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
(a) He'll be dead.
(c) Ask for a discharge.
(d) Return to the front.
3. What classes did Rivers' father used to teach?
(b) Speech therapy.
4. What do Owens and Sassoon do?
(a) Have a couple prostitutes to entertain them.
(b) Write a poem about Craiglockhart.
(c) Smoke opium.
(d) Get drunk.
5. What does Dr. Rivers' brother contract in the East?
(a) Yellow Fever.
(b) Dengue Fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prior think about Sarah?
2. From where does Sassoon get his name?
3. What is mimicked?
4. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
5. What is Owen's poem about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
2. What does Rivers do with Bryce when he returns to Craiglockhart?
3. What does Sarah's mother tell her about romance?
4. How does Sarah feel about Prior when he has not seen her for a week and what does he tell her?
5. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
6. What does Rivers do that makes the other board members stare at him?
7. Where does Rivers go on leave and why is that place there for him to visit?
8. What is Rivers doing in Chapter 20 and why?
9. Why is Rivers given three weeks leave by Dr. Bryce?
10. Why does Rivers visit Henry Head and what does Head offer him?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)