|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah ask about at work?
(a) Where Madge is.
(b) If any of the other women know Dr. Rivers.
(c) If any of the other women know Prior.
(d) Advice about continuing to date Prior.
2. What does Bryce order Dr. Rivers to do?
(a) Reassign Prior to another doctor.
(b) Put in for reassignment.
(c) Take 2 days off.
(d) Take three weeks leave.
3. What does Sassoon read to Owen?
(a) The book's dedication.
(b) A poem Sassoon writes for Owen.
(c) A poem in the book.
(d) A letter from Sassoon's father.
4. What had Sassoon revealed at some time in the past to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That his parents have disowned him.
(b) That Prior came on to him.
(c) That Sassoon is impotent.
(d) That he is either homosexual or has homosexual tendencies.
5. What does Prior believe Sarah should do?
(a) Not see him again.
(b) Meet his best friend.
(c) Pay him in some way for fighting for freedom.
(d) Marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mimicked?
2. Where does Dr. Rivers go on leave?
3. What does Sassoon believe about one of Owen's poems?
4. What does Rivers spend much time doing while at the chicken farm?
5. Why does Sassoon do what he did in question 141?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rivers do that makes the other board members stare at him?
2. Who gives Rivers a tour of the National Hospital and what does Rivers thinks of that man's treatment methods?
3. What does Sarah find out about Madge at work?
4. What does Sassoon do about the medical boards in August?
5. What does the board decide to do about Prior in Chapter 18?
6. What does Sarah's mother tell her about romance?
7. Why does Sassoon meet Graves in Chapter 17 and what does he tell Graves?
8. What does Sassoon do about one of Owen's poems?
9. What does Rivers try to do for his brother while on leave but what does he end up doing?
10. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)