|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sassoon believe about one of Owen's poems?
(a) It is rather mediocre.
(b) It is ready to be published nationally.
(c) Its rhythm is uneven.
(d) Its subject matter is dull.
2. Where is Rivers headed?
3. Who does Prior see and realize he really likes?
4. What sort of problem does Rivers remember he had as a child?
(a) Crossed eyes.
(b) A bad limp from polio.
5. What surprises Prior when he sees Sarah in the daylight for the first time?
(a) How bad her left hand shakes.
(c) That she cannot talk in full sentences without being breathless.
(d) How yellow her skin is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mimicked?
2. Why is Prior embarrassed?
3. What does Dr. Rivers think about Bryce?
4. What does Sassoon do?
5. What does Rivers spend much time doing while at the chicken farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
2. What does Sassoon do about one of Owen's poems?
3. How is Willard doing by Chapter 20 and to what does he credit his state?
4. How does Sarah feel about Prior when he has not seen her for a week and what does he tell her?
5. Why does Rivers go to Aldebugh?
6. What happens with Prior and Lumb when they see each other again after a week of not seeing each other?
7. Why is Rivers given three weeks leave by Dr. Bryce?
8. What do Prior and Sarah do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
9. What does Sassoon do about the medical boards in August?
10. What is Rivers doing in Chapter 20 and why?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)