|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is mimicked?
(c) The dove.
(d) The eagle.
2. What is wrong with the women who work in the munitions factories?
(a) They have a slight tremor.
(b) They all have a yellow tint to their skin.
(c) They are losing their eyesight.
(d) They have breathing problems.
3. Where does Henry Head offer a job to Dr. Rivers?
(a) He has not offered Rivers a job.
(b) Central Hospital at Newarington.
(c) Psychiatric hospital in Offingham.
(d) Central Hospital at Hampstead.
4. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
5. How is Dr. Yealland's bedside manner?
(a) Cold and uncaring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Madge in the hospital?
2. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
3. What does Dr. Rivers think about Bryce?
4. About whom does Prior make a derogatory comment?
5. How does Sarah's mother say a woman loves a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Owen and Sassoon do the last time they meet?
2. Why does Rivers go to Aldebugh?
3. Why does Sassoon meet Graves in Chapter 17 and what does he tell Graves?
4. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
5. What does Sarah's mother tell her about romance?
6. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
7. What does Rivers do with Bryce when he returns to Craiglockhart?
8. What does Rivers try to do for his brother while on leave but what does he end up doing?
9. What do Prior and Sarah do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
10. What does Sassoon do about one of Owen's poems?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)