|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
(a) That Sarah is a fool.
(b) That Sarah is wise.
(c) That Sarah is confused.
(d) That it is an opportunity if she can get him to marry her.
2. Who does Rivers see before leaving?
(a) His lover.
(d) His commanding officer.
3. What does Prior not want to happen?
(a) Sarah to get pregnant.
(b) To be returned to the front lines.
(c) Sarah to learn that he comes from a poor family.
(d) To become emotionally involved with Sarah.
4. Where is Rivers headed?
5. Of what does Owen say his poem is symbolic?
(a) The prince whose assassination starts the war.
(b) The reasons for the start of the war.
(c) Dr. Brock's view of the patients at Craiglockhart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prior start feeling hostile towards Sarah?
2. Where does Burns go one night during a storm?
3. What does Sassoon realize about Dr. Rivers?
4. What is happening in August at the opening of Chapter 18?
5. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rivers given three weeks leave by Dr. Bryce?
2. What does Sassoon do about the medical boards in August?
3. Who gives Rivers a tour of the National Hospital and what does Rivers thinks of that man's treatment methods?
4. How does Sarah feel about Prior when he has not seen her for a week and what does he tell her?
5. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
6. What is Rivers doing in Chapter 20 and why?
7. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
8. How is Willard doing by Chapter 20 and to what does he credit his state?
9. What happens with Prior and Lumb when they see each other again after a week of not seeing each other?
10. What do Prior and Sarah do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)