|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bryce order Dr. Rivers to do?
(a) Take 2 days off.
(b) Put in for reassignment.
(c) Take three weeks leave.
(d) Reassign Prior to another doctor.
2. What does Madge do at home?
(a) Bakes a cake for Sarah to give Prior, but she has no baking powder.
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Seduces an Air Force Captain.
(d) Attempts an abortion.
3. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
(a) Men get revenge on women.
(b) She doesn't mention a condom factory.
(c) More sex than anywhere else.
(d) One in ten condoms is deliberately compromised.
4. How does Burns seem to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Odd but sane.
(b) Burns acts as if he does not know Dr. Rivers.
5. What is the purpose of Dr. Rivers' brother having a chicken farm?
(a) To please their parents.
(b) To please his wife.
(c) To be out in the fresh air a lot.
(d) As a social experiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Burns go one night during a storm?
2. What does Sassoon do?
3. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
4. What does Prior not want to happen?
5. Why does Charles Rivers have to kill one of his chickens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah's mother tell her about romance?
2. Where does Rivers go on leave and why is that place there for him to visit?
3. Why does Rivers go to Aldebugh?
4. What does Rivers try to do for his brother while on leave but what does he end up doing?
5. What does the board decide to do about Prior in Chapter 18?
6. Why does Sassoon meet Graves in Chapter 17 and what does he tell Graves?
7. How is Willard doing by Chapter 20 and to what does he credit his state?
8. Who gives Rivers a tour of the National Hospital and what does Rivers thinks of that man's treatment methods?
9. What do Owen and Sassoon do the last time they meet?
10. What is Rivers doing in Chapter 20 and why?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)