|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Prior make a derogatory comment?
2. What does Sassoon believe about one of Owen's poems?
(a) Its rhythm is uneven.
(b) Its subject matter is dull.
(c) It is ready to be published nationally.
(d) It is rather mediocre.
3. What classes did Rivers' father used to teach?
(a) Speech therapy.
4. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
(a) Many a kestrel.
(b) A pigeon and a dove.
(c) Many enemy soldiers.
5. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
(a) That it is an opportunity if she can get him to marry her.
(b) That Sarah is a fool.
(c) That Sarah is wise.
(d) That Sarah is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Rivers go on leave?
2. What does Sassoon have when he meets with Owen?
3. What does Sarah's mother think Prior wants with Sarah?
4. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
5. How does Burns seem to Dr. Rivers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Willard doing by Chapter 20 and to what does he credit his state?
2. What does the board decide to do about Prior in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Rivers visit Henry Head and what does Head offer him?
4. How does Sarah feel about Prior when he has not seen her for a week and what does he tell her?
5. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
6. Why does Sassoon meet Graves in Chapter 17 and what does he tell Graves?
7. What is Rivers doing in Chapter 20 and why?
8. What does Sassoon do about the medical boards in August?
9. What does Rivers do that makes the other board members stare at him?
10. What do Owen and Sassoon do the last time they meet?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)