|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prior believe Sarah should do?
(a) Meet his best friend.
(b) Not see him again.
(c) Pay him in some way for fighting for freedom.
(d) Marry him.
2. What does Sassoon say he has decided?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To ask for a discharge.
(c) To return to the front.
(d) To leave the hospital.
3. Why does Prior start feeling hostile towards Sarah?
(a) He thinks she just pities him.
(b) He thinks she wants him for his social standing.
(c) He sees her as part of people who seek to have fun and pleasure all the time.
(d) He is not hostile to her.
4. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
5. Where does Dr. Rivers go on leave?
(a) To the Mediterrean.
(b) To visit his brother on a chicken farm.
(c) To France.
(d) To Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Willard?
2. Who does Sassoon meet at a bar?
3. What does Dr. Rivers think about Bryce?
4. What does Sassoon believe about one of Owen's poems?
5. What does Sarah's mother think about the relationship between men and women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sassoon do about one of Owen's poems?
2. What are Sassoon and Owen working on together and what are Owen's plans for his future?
3. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
4. Where does Rivers go on leave and why is that place there for him to visit?
5. What do Prior and Sarah do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
6. What happens to Burns in Chapter 13?
7. What does Sarah find out about Madge at work?
8. Why does Rivers go to Aldebugh?
9. Who gives Rivers a tour of the National Hospital and what does Rivers thinks of that man's treatment methods?
10. Why does Sassoon meet Graves in Chapter 17 and what does he tell Graves?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)