|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Rivers go on leave?
(a) To visit his brother on a chicken farm.
(b) To the Mediterrean.
(c) To France.
(d) To Ireland.
2. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
3. Why does Prior want to return to the war?
(a) To pay back the enemy.
(b) To regain his memories completely.
(c) He does not want to return.
(d) To bolster his chances in future politics.
4. What does Rivers spend much time doing while at the chicken farm?
(a) Reading fiction.
(b) Remembering his childhood.
(c) Riding the one horse.
(d) Cleaning out cages.
5. Where do Owen and Sassoon meet?
(a) The pub in a nearby town.
(b) The forest near Craiglockhart.
(c) The Conservative Club.
(d) The basement of Craiglockhart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Dr. Rivers' brother having a chicken farm?
2. Into where does Prior sneak?
3. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
4. Why does Sassoon do what he did in question 141?
5. Where were the "fathers" in the dedication?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
2. What do Owen and Sassoon do the last time they meet?
3. What do Prior and Sarah do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
4. What does Rivers do that makes the other board members stare at him?
5. Where does Rivers go on leave and why is that place there for him to visit?
6. What does Sarah's mother tell her about romance?
7. How does Sarah feel about Prior when he has not seen her for a week and what does he tell her?
8. What does the board decide to do about Prior in Chapter 18?
9. What happens with Prior and Lumb when they see each other again after a week of not seeing each other?
10. What does Rivers try to do for his brother while on leave but what does he end up doing?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)