|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rivers thinks Burns may do in a couple years?
(a) Become completely insane.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) He has not speculated.
(d) Make a decent recovery.
2. What has happened to Willard?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He can walk.
(d) He is censored.
3. How does Burns seem to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Odd but sane.
(b) Burns acts as if he does not know Dr. Rivers.
4. Where does Dr. Rivers go on leave?
(a) To visit his brother on a chicken farm.
(b) To France.
(c) To Ireland.
(d) To the Mediterrean.
5. What surprises Prior when he sees Sarah in the daylight for the first time?
(b) How bad her left hand shakes.
(c) That she cannot talk in full sentences without being breathless.
(d) How yellow her skin is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Owen and Sassoon meet?
2. What sort of problem does Rivers remember he had as a child?
3. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
4. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
5. Why is Prior embarrassed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rivers go on leave and why is that place there for him to visit?
2. What does Rivers try to do for his brother while on leave but what does he end up doing?
3. What does Sassoon do about the medical boards in August?
4. How is Willard doing by Chapter 20 and to what does he credit his state?
5. What are Sassoon and Owen working on together and what are Owen's plans for his future?
6. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
7. Why does Rivers visit Henry Head and what does Head offer him?
8. What is Rivers doing in Chapter 20 and why?
9. What do Prior and Sarah do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
10. Why is Rivers given three weeks leave by Dr. Bryce?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)