|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Willard?
(a) He is censored.
(b) He is sent home.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He can walk.
2. What upsets Prior in Chapter 18?
(a) He is sent back to the front.
(b) He is granted permanent home service.
(c) He is told he has to stay in the hospital another six months.
(d) He is demoted.
3. Where do Owen and Sassoon meet?
(a) The basement of Craiglockhart.
(b) The forest near Craiglockhart.
(c) The pub in a nearby town.
(d) The Conservative Club.
4. About whom does Prior make a derogatory comment?
5. What does Prior not want to happen?
(a) Sarah to get pregnant.
(b) To be returned to the front lines.
(c) Sarah to learn that he comes from a poor family.
(d) To become emotionally involved with Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
2. Why is Prior embarrassed?
3. What does Sarah's mother think about the relationship between men and women?
4. What classes did Rivers' father used to teach?
5. Why is Madge in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sassoon and Owen working on together and what are Owen's plans for his future?
2. What is Rivers doing in Chapter 20 and why?
3. What does the board decide to do about Prior in Chapter 18?
4. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
5. What do Owen and Sassoon do the last time they meet?
6. Who gives Rivers a tour of the National Hospital and what does Rivers thinks of that man's treatment methods?
7. Where does Rivers go on leave and why is that place there for him to visit?
8. What does Sarah's mother tell her about romance?
9. What happens to Burns in Chapter 13?
10. What does Sassoon do about the medical boards in August?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)