|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Burns go one night during a storm?
(a) The cellar.
(b) His son's tree house.
(c) An old tower.
(d) A cave in which he played as a child.
2. What surprises Prior when he sees Sarah in the daylight for the first time?
(a) How bad her left hand shakes.
(c) How yellow her skin is.
(d) That she cannot talk in full sentences without being breathless.
3. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
(a) By saying she does not care why he is at Craiglockhart.
(b) By saying that she has a brother at another hospital like Craiglockhart.
(c) By saying that she understands the pressures he is under.
(d) By saying that none of the patients wear their Craiglockhart badges while in town.
4. From where does Sassoon get his name?
(a) A poem by Schiller.
(b) His father's love of Wagner.
(c) A poem by Keats.
(d) His mother's love of Wagner.
5. What do Owens and Sassoon do?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Have a couple prostitutes to entertain them.
(c) Write a poem about Craiglockhart.
(d) Smoke opium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Prior embarrassed?
2. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
3. What does Sarah ask about at work?
4. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
5. What is Owen's poem about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Willard doing by Chapter 20 and to what does he credit his state?
2. Who gives Rivers a tour of the National Hospital and what does Rivers thinks of that man's treatment methods?
3. Why does Rivers visit Henry Head and what does Head offer him?
4. What does Sassoon do about one of Owen's poems?
5. What does Sarah find out about Madge at work?
6. What does Rivers try to do for his brother while on leave but what does he end up doing?
7. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
8. What do Prior and Sarah do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
9. Why is Rivers given three weeks leave by Dr. Bryce?
10. What does Rivers do with Bryce when he returns to Craiglockhart?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)