|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
(a) A pigeon and a dove.
(c) Many a kestrel.
(d) Many enemy soldiers.
2. What does Prior think about Sarah?
(a) That he is too good for her.
(b) That she is an attractive woman no matter what.
(c) That she is too good for him.
(d) That she is a temporary fling.
3. How is Dr. Yealland's bedside manner?
(c) Cold and uncaring.
4. To what does Willard attribute what happens to him?
(a) A failure on Dr. Rivers' part.
(b) His distaste for the lunatics at the hospital.
(c) A great medical feat by Dr. Rivers.
(d) His cowardice.
5. About whom does Prior make a derogatory comment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prior believe Sarah should do?
2. Where do Sarah and Madge go?
3. What does Sassoon realize about Dr. Rivers?
4. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
5. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rivers go on leave and why is that place there for him to visit?
2. What does Sassoon do about one of Owen's poems?
3. What does Sarah's mother tell her about romance?
4. What are Sassoon and Owen working on together and what are Owen's plans for his future?
5. What is Rivers doing in Chapter 20 and why?
6. How is Willard doing by Chapter 20 and to what does he credit his state?
7. What does Rivers do with Bryce when he returns to Craiglockhart?
8. What does Rivers do that makes the other board members stare at him?
9. What happens with Prior and Lumb when they see each other again after a week of not seeing each other?
10. What does Rivers try to do for his brother while on leave but what does he end up doing?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)