|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Sassoon get his name?
(a) His father's love of Wagner.
(b) A poem by Keats.
(c) His mother's love of Wagner.
(d) A poem by Schiller.
2. How is Dr. Yealland's bedside manner?
(c) Cold and uncaring.
3. What does Sarah's mother think about the relationship between men and women?
(a) That it is the strongest bond there is.
(b) That love cannot exist between men and women.
(c) She has no opinion on the matter.
(d) That men and women are made to learn to love over time.
4. What classes did Rivers' father used to teach?
(c) Speech therapy.
5. What does Sassoon read to Owen?
(a) A letter from Sassoon's father.
(b) The book's dedication.
(c) A poem in the book.
(d) A poem Sassoon writes for Owen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sassoon do?
2. Who compliments Owen on his poem?
3. What does Prior think about Sarah?
4. What does Sassoon have when he meets with Owen?
5. What does Owen feel when leaving Sassoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rivers go on leave and why is that place there for him to visit?
2. What does Rivers try to do for his brother while on leave but what does he end up doing?
3. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
4. How does Sarah feel about Prior when he has not seen her for a week and what does he tell her?
5. What does Rivers do that makes the other board members stare at him?
6. What does Sassoon do about the medical boards in August?
7. How is Willard doing by Chapter 20 and to what does he credit his state?
8. What happens to Burns in Chapter 13?
9. Who gives Rivers a tour of the National Hospital and what does Rivers thinks of that man's treatment methods?
10. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)