|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Owens and Sassoon do?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Write a poem about Craiglockhart.
(c) Have a couple prostitutes to entertain them.
(d) Smoke opium.
2. Where do Sarah and Madge go?
(a) To volunteer for the woman's army corps.
(b) To find jobs in London.
(c) To see Madge's lover in the hospital.
(d) To find jobs in Birmingham.
3. Who is Sassoon on his way to see at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) A board of inquiry.
(c) His former commanding officer.
(d) His parents.
4. What happens to Madge's unborn baby?
(a) It survives.
(b) It dies from the shrapnel wound.
(c) It aborts, probably from the side effects of the munitions powder.
(d) It dies from the flu Madge has and they have to do a C section.
5. What classes did Rivers' father used to teach?
(d) Speech therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prior think about Sarah?
2. Who does Rivers see before leaving?
3. Who compliments Owen on his poem?
4. What does Prior not want to happen?
5. Why is Madge in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the board decide to do about Prior in Chapter 18?
2. Where does Rivers go on leave and why is that place there for him to visit?
3. Why does Sassoon meet Graves in Chapter 17 and what does he tell Graves?
4. What does Sassoon do about the medical boards in August?
5. What do Owen and Sassoon do the last time they meet?
6. What happens to Burns in Chapter 13?
7. Why does Rivers visit Henry Head and what does Head offer him?
8. What happens with Prior and Lumb when they see each other again after a week of not seeing each other?
9. What are Sassoon and Owen working on together and what are Owen's plans for his future?
10. What does Rivers do with Bryce when he returns to Craiglockhart?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)