|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Broadbent?
(a) A new nurse.
(b) The new hospital administrator.
(c) A new patient at the hospital.
(d) A new doctor at the hospital.
2. What does Graves tell Dr. Rivers about Sassoon's board decision?
(a) He wanted Sassoon to be court-martialed.
(b) He didn't know the board would send Sassoon there.
(c) He had no connection to the board.
(d) He lied to Sassoon about it.
3. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
(a) It sets a bad example for the enlisted men.
(b) It smells bad.
(c) The doctor is afraid for Prior to have matches in his state of mind.
(d) Prior has asthma.
4. Why is Prior worried?
(a) He is afraid of Burns.
(b) He is afraid of having a heart attack.
(c) He is afraid of Dr. Rivers controlling his mind.
(d) He does not want to be reassigned.
5. How does Sassoon react to Dr. Rivers' taunts?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He becomes more despondent.
(d) He agrees with Dr. Rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
2. How does Prior appear at the opening of Chapter 8?
3. What does Prior find when he returns to the fire bay after a shell hits it?
4. What does Sassoon think about on the train?
5. Why hasn't Lizzie missed her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is reading a letter at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what is it titled?
2. What does Rivers see when Prior's parents visit?
3. Why is Prior at the hospital?
4. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
5. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
6. What happens in Chapter 3 when Graves arrives at the hospital?
7. What does Prior do when he sneaks off the hospital grounds?
8. What does Prior continue to ask Rivers for and what does he show Rivers? What is Rivers' response?
9. What does Prior describe to Rivers in Chapter 8?
10. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)