|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Rivers' response to Prior's request?
(a) He says the private rooms are only for the violent patients.
(b) He refuses it.
(c) He says Prior is not eligible for a discharge.
(d) He calls Prior's father.
2. Who is Henry Head?
(a) The custodian at the hospital.
(b) The dean at the medical school from which Rivers graduates.
(c) Rivers's father's best friend.
(d) An old friend of Dr. Rivers'.
3. What does Graves tell Dr. Rivers about Sassoon's board decision?
(a) He didn't know the board would send Sassoon there.
(b) He wanted Sassoon to be court-martialed.
(c) He had no connection to the board.
(d) He lied to Sassoon about it.
4. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
(a) He falls asleep and his face falls in his food.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) Nothing happens.
(d) He is attacked by another patient.
5. How does Dr. Rivers feel about the declaration from Sassoon?
(a) It is delusional.
(b) It is illogical.
(c) It is illegal.
(d) It is misguided.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prior not remember?
2. Who was worried about Burns while he was gone?
3. Where is the person Rivers is interviewing a patient?
4. Why is Prior worried?
5. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
2. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
3. What game do Sassoon and Anderson play in Chapter 8 and what does Anderson almost do to Sassoon?
4. Who is Anderson and why is he at the hospital?
5. What does Sassoon describe to Dr. Rivers about what happened when he first returned from France and what does he say about it now?
6. Who is reading a letter at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what is it titled?
7. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
8. What does Prior continue to ask Rivers for and what does he show Rivers? What is Rivers' response?
9. What happened to Prior that sent him to the hospital?
10. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)