|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rivers think Sassoon might be experiencing?
(a) Some distress.
(b) Too much fear.
(c) A religious conversion.
(d) A mid-life crisis.
2. What mental state is more common for enlisted men than officers?
(c) Suicidal tendencies.
3. Why does Graves miss the train?
(a) He decided not to come.
(b) He is late.
(c) He was transferred.
(d) He broke his leg.
4. What do most of the people believe who read Sassoon's Declaration?
(a) That it has some good arguments.
(b) That it is the ravings of a man in the throes of a breakdown.
(c) That it is written by someone besides Sassoon.
(d) That it is treasonous.
5. What causes Anderson to almost beat his golfing partner?
(a) The partner beats Anderson at the 17th hole.
(b) The partner insults Anderson's mother.
(c) The partner insults Anderson's commanding officer.
(d) The partner cheats by moving Anderson's ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
2. What does the letter Dr. Rivers is reading say?
3. How is Prior affecting his roommate?
4. What was Anderson's former occupation?
5. What does Campbell think about Sassoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Prior that sent him to the hospital?
2. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
3. What does Prior do when he sneaks off the hospital grounds?
4. What does Prior continue to ask Rivers for and what does he show Rivers? What is Rivers' response?
5. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
6. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
7. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
8. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
9. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
10. What happens to Prior at the beginning of Chapter 7 and what does Prior have to say about it?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)