|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses Sarah Lumb?
(a) Why Lizzie is interested in the same man that Sarah is.
(b) She is not confused, just angry.
(c) Why men from the hospital receive leave to bother the local girls.
(d) Why Prior never returns to see her when they agreed to meet again.
2. What does the letter Dr. Rivers is reading say?
(a) His sister is sick.
(b) The writer will no longer fight in the war.
(c) He is receiving another patient.
(d) He is being moved to a the hospital.
3. Who does Broadbent say is ill?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sweetheart.
(c) No one.
4. How does Sassoon feel towards civilians?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He envies them.
(c) He is indifferent to them.
(d) He likes them.
5. What did Sassoon do with the answer to question #8?
(a) Threw it at a German soldier.
(b) Left it on his dresser at home.
(c) Threw it in the river.
(d) Gave it to his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk that is sad?
2. What does Rivers tell Bryce about Sassoon?
3. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
4. What does Graves tell Dr. Rivers about Sassoon's board decision?
5. What does Sassoon notice about the taxi driver?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Anderson and why is he at the hospital?
2. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
3. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
4. Who is reading a letter at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what is it titled?
5. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
6. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
7. What does Sarah's mother tell her about romance?
8. In Chapter 22, why can't Rivers sleep and what does he do when he can't?
9. What does Rivers do with Bryce when he returns to Craiglockhart?
10. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)