|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk that is sad?
(a) Nothing; they are trying to have a good time.
(b) Prior's revelations under hypnosis.
(c) The war dragging on another winter.
(d) Gordon's death.
2. What does Broadbent believe?
(a) That Dr. Rivers wants to send him back to die.
(b) That the Germans have invaded England.
(c) That Dr. Rivers can cure him.
(d) That he is a British captain.
3. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Yelling at the nurse.
(b) Playing the trumpet after quiet hours.
(c) Having a nightmare.
(d) Banging on other men's doors.
4. What was Anderson's former occupation?
(a) Ship's loblolly boy.
(b) War surgeon.
(c) Aide de camp.
(d) Ship captain.
5. What causes Anderson to almost beat his golfing partner?
(a) The partner cheats by moving Anderson's ball.
(b) The partner beats Anderson at the 17th hole.
(c) The partner insults Anderson's mother.
(d) The partner insults Anderson's commanding officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sassoon react to Dr. Rivers' taunts?
2. Who was worried about Burns while he was gone?
3. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
4. Who wrote the letter Dr. Rivers is reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What do most of the people believe who read Sassoon's Declaration?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
2. In Chapter 4 what does Burns do when he leaves the hospital for part of a day?
3. How does Rivers try to convince Sassoon to return to the war?
4. What does Sassoon do after his swim with Graves?
5. What does Sassoon describe to Dr. Rivers about what happened when he first returned from France and what does he say about it now?
6. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
7. What does Prior do when he sneaks off the hospital grounds?
8. What does Prior continue to ask Rivers for and what does he show Rivers? What is Rivers' response?
9. Who is Anderson and why is he at the hospital?
10. Who is reading a letter at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what is it titled?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)