|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the person Rivers is interviewing a patient?
2. How long is Prior confined to the hospital?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) A month.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 6 weeks.
3. What do the poems Graves leaves with Rivers talk about?
(a) The look of spring in France.
(b) The way the army uses young kids.
(c) How to keep a woman loving you.
(d) Sassoon's feelings on the war.
4. Where is Prior when he first goes under hypnotism?
(a) In the latrine.
(b) In a dugout awaiting orders.
(c) Making battle plans with two other officers.
(d) Playing cards with two other officers.
5. Who does Prior meet at a pub?
(a) A woman who knows Prior's sister.
(b) A woman who works in munitions.
(c) Sassoon and a nurse.
(d) Anderson and a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
2. What is Anderson's problem?
3. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
4. What was Anderson's former occupation?
5. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prior do when he sneaks off the hospital grounds?
2. Who is reading a letter at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what is it titled?
3. What does Prior continue to ask Rivers for and what does he show Rivers? What is Rivers' response?
4. Why is Prior at the hospital?
5. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
6. What does Sassoon do after his swim with Graves?
7. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
8. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
9. What game do Sassoon and Anderson play in Chapter 8 and what does Anderson almost do to Sassoon?
10. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)