|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the poems Graves leaves with Rivers talk about?
(a) The way the army uses young kids.
(b) How to keep a woman loving you.
(c) The look of spring in France.
(d) Sassoon's feelings on the war.
2. What does Sassoon do occasionally when answering Rivers' questions?
(a) Becomes hostile.
(b) Spits on the floor.
(c) Closes his eyes.
(d) Falls asleep.
3. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Banging on other men's doors.
(b) Yelling at the nurse.
(c) Playing the trumpet after quiet hours.
(d) Having a nightmare.
4. Why did Sassoon want a court-martial?
(a) To get his story out to the public.
(b) So they would hang him.
(c) So he could get out of the army.
(d) To prove he is innocent.
5. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
(a) Causing pain to Henry's head.
(b) Drowning him.
(c) Stabbing him with a butcher knife.
(d) Hitting him with a cricket bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sassoon react to Dr. Rivers' taunts?
2. Who is Broadbent?
3. Why does Prior apologize to Rivers?
4. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
5. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Burns in Chapter 13?
2. What does Sassoon do about one of Owen's poems?
3. What happens in Chapter 3 when Graves arrives at the hospital?
4. What happened to Prior that sent him to the hospital?
5. What is Anderson' s ultimate fate?
6. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
7. What happens to Burns in Chapter 2 and what is Rivers' response?
8. Describe the nightmare Rivers had in Chapter 22 and Rivers' interpretation of the nightmare.
9. What does Sarah's mother tell her about romance?
10. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)