|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
(a) Because Broadbent's family has a great deal of influence.
(b) Because Craiglockhart is full.
(c) Because Broadbent is so deranged.
(d) So Rivers does not have to deal with the man.
2. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
(c) No particular diganosis.
(d) Parkinson's disease.
3. Where does Burns go?
(a) To a church.
(b) To a forest.
(c) Back to the front lines.
(d) To a cemetery.
4. Where does Burns sit naked?
(a) On top of the altar.
(b) In a trench full of dead men.
(c) In a circle made by the dead animals.
(d) In a circle made by the vampires.
5. What does Graves tell Dr. Rivers about Sassoon's board decision?
(a) He wanted Sassoon to be court-martialed.
(b) He had no connection to the board.
(c) He didn't know the board would send Sassoon there.
(d) He lied to Sassoon about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Broadbent want to visit?
2. What book has Prior been reading?
3. Who is Wilfred Owen?
4. What does Campbell think about Sassoon?
5. Why does Graves miss the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Broadbent and what does Rivers do about it?
2. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
3. Who is suppose to go on the train with Sassoon and why doesn't he?
4. What do Sassoon and Graves talk about when they go swimming in Chapter 4 and what does Sassoon say he remembers about the subject?
5. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
6. What does Prior describe to Rivers in Chapter 8?
7. How does Prior look to Rivers in Chapter 8 and what is he doing that earns Rivers' disapproval?
8. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
9. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
10. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)