|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sassoon feel towards civilians?
(a) He likes them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He envies them.
(d) He is indifferent to them.
2. Who comes to visit at the hospital?
(a) Prior's parents.
(b) Sassoon's father.
(c) Burns's mother.
(d) Dr. River's parents.
3. Where does Prior go?
(a) Sick bay.
(b) To the forest.
(c) Back to the front.
4. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
(a) A wound that emasculates him.
(b) A missing eyeball.
(c) A missing nose.
(d) A hole through the top of his skull.
5. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
(a) Prior has asthma.
(b) It smells bad.
(c) It sets a bad example for the enlisted men.
(d) The doctor is afraid for Prior to have matches in his state of mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sassoon want a court-martial?
2. Why hasn't Lizzie missed her husband?
3. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
4. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
5. What happens to Prior at the opening to Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is reading a letter at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what is it titled?
2. What game do Sassoon and Anderson play in Chapter 8 and what does Anderson almost do to Sassoon?
3. In Chapter 4 what does Burns do when he leaves the hospital for part of a day?
4. What is wrong with Broadbent and what does Rivers do about it?
5. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
6. What does Prior describe to Rivers in Chapter 8?
7. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
8. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
9. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
10. Why is Prior at the hospital?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)