|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit at the hospital?
(a) Burns's mother.
(b) Dr. River's parents.
(c) Prior's parents.
(d) Sassoon's father.
2. What does Williard believe about himself?
(a) He is the King of England.
(b) The war is over.
(c) He is paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) He is a General of the Army.
3. What does Campbell think about Sassoon?
(a) He might be a German spy.
(b) He doesn't eat enough food.
(c) He is getting special treatment.
(d) He is too messy.
4. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
(a) What he did with the answer to question #8.
(b) That he wants to return to the fighting.
(c) That he doesn't drinnk alcohol.
(d) That he is not married.
5. To whom does Rivers assign Broadbent?
(b) The hospital in London.
(d) The hospital at Cornwall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rivers think about as he prepares to sleep the night of Prior's hypnotism?
2. How is Prior affecting his roommate?
3. What does Rivers think Sassoon might be experiencing?
4. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
5. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prior do when he sneaks off the hospital grounds?
2. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
3. Who is Anderson and why is he at the hospital?
4. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
5. Who is reading a letter at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what is it titled?
6. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
7. What happens to Prior at the beginning of Chapter 7 and what does Prior have to say about it?
8. What happened to Prior that sent him to the hospital?
9. How does Rivers try to convince Sassoon to return to the war?
10. What does Prior continue to ask Rivers for and what does he show Rivers? What is Rivers' response?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)