|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
(a) He bangs on patients' doors.
(b) He has a nightmare.
(c) He yells at the nurse in the hallway.
(d) He plays his trumpet down the halls.
2. What does Rivers think Sassoon might be experiencing?
(a) Some distress.
(b) A mid-life crisis.
(c) A religious conversion.
(d) Too much fear.
3. Into what does Dr. Rivers get some insight?
(a) Prior's earlier life.
(b) Burns' earlier life.
(c) The way hypnotism can be inaccurate.
(d) The way the mind can fool itself.
4. What causes Anderson to almost beat his golfing partner?
(a) The partner insults Anderson's commanding officer.
(b) The partner beats Anderson at the 17th hole.
(c) The partner cheats by moving Anderson's ball.
(d) The partner insults Anderson's mother.
5. Why did Sassoon want a court-martial?
(a) So he could get out of the army.
(b) To prove he is innocent.
(c) To get his story out to the public.
(d) So they would hang him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
2. What do most of the people believe who read Sassoon's Declaration?
3. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
4. What can Prior not do?
5. Why does Graves miss the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4 what does Burns do when he leaves the hospital for part of a day?
2. How does Prior look to Rivers in Chapter 8 and what is he doing that earns Rivers' disapproval?
3. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
4. What game do Sassoon and Anderson play in Chapter 8 and what does Anderson almost do to Sassoon?
5. What happens in Chapter 3 when Graves arrives at the hospital?
6. What is wrong with Broadbent and what does Rivers do about it?
7. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
8. What do Sassoon and Graves talk about when they go swimming in Chapter 4 and what does Sassoon say he remembers about the subject?
9. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
10. How does Rivers try to convince Sassoon to return to the war?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)