|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prior not remember?
(a) That he is in the military.
(b) The terrible thing that happened to him in the war.
(c) His name.
(d) Where he lives.
2. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Playing the trumpet after quiet hours.
(b) Banging on other men's doors.
(c) Having a nightmare.
(d) Yelling at the nurse.
3. To whom does Rivers assign Broadbent?
(c) The hospital in London.
(d) The hospital at Cornwall.
4. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
(a) Because Craiglockhart is full.
(b) Because Broadbent is so deranged.
(c) Because Broadbent's family has a great deal of influence.
(d) So Rivers does not have to deal with the man.
5. Why is Prior worried?
(a) He is afraid of having a heart attack.
(b) He is afraid of Dr. Rivers controlling his mind.
(c) He does not want to be reassigned.
(d) He is afraid of Burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sassoon feel towards civilians?
2. Who was worried about Burns while he was gone?
3. What does Prior want of Dr. Rivers?
4. Who is Broadbent?
5. Where is the person Rivers is interviewing a patient?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
2. What happens to Burns in Chapter 2 and what is Rivers' response?
3. How does Prior look to Rivers in Chapter 8 and what is he doing that earns Rivers' disapproval?
4. What happened to Prior that sent him to the hospital?
5. What does Rivers see when Prior's parents visit?
6. What happens to Prior at the beginning of Chapter 7 and what does Prior have to say about it?
7. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
8. In Chapter 4 what does Burns do when he leaves the hospital for part of a day?
9. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
10. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)