|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Graves miss the train?
(a) He is late.
(b) He decided not to come.
(c) He broke his leg.
(d) He was transferred.
2. How long is Prior confined to the hospital?
(a) 3 days.
(b) A month.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) A fortnight.
3. To whom does Rivers assign Broadbent?
(a) The hospital at Cornwall.
(b) The hospital in London.
4. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
(a) His rank designator.
(b) A button.
(c) His unit patch.
(d) A medal for valor.
5. What happens to Prior at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) He regains his ability to speak.
(b) He attacks a nurse.
(c) He tries to kill himself.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is giving Dr. Rivers difficulty?
2. What does Dr. Rivers believe should be used as a last resort?
3. Why did Sassoon want a court-martial?
4. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
5. What does Sassoon do when he arrives at the steps into the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Rivers about Sassoon?
2. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
3. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
4. How does Rivers try to convince Sassoon to return to the war?
5. How does Prior look to Rivers in Chapter 8 and what is he doing that earns Rivers' disapproval?
6. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
7. What happened to Prior that sent him to the hospital?
8. What happens to Burns in Chapter 2 and what is Rivers' response?
9. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
10. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)