|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
(a) A gentleman's club.
(b) The polo field.
(c) The pool hall.
2. What can Prior not do?
3. Who plays golf together?
(a) Rivers and Prior.
(b) Sassoon and Owen.
(c) Anderson and Prior.
(d) Anderson and Sassoon.
4. How does Prior appear at the opening of Chapter 8?
(c) Healthy and alert.
(d) Worn thin.
5. What does Prior find when he returns to the fire bay after a shell hits it?
(a) The ruined remains of two soldiers who were making tea.
(b) There is nothing there.
(c) Bits and pieces of six men which he can't sort out.
(d) A conflagration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't Lizzie missed her husband?
2. Why does Graves miss the train?
3. Where is the person Rivers is interviewing a patient?
4. How does Sassoon react to Dr. Rivers' taunts?
5. Who wrote the letter Dr. Rivers is reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4 what does Burns do when he leaves the hospital for part of a day?
2. How is Willard doing by Chapter 20 and to what does he credit his state?
3. How does Prior look to Rivers in Chapter 8 and what is he doing that earns Rivers' disapproval?
4. What does Rivers do with Bryce when he returns to Craiglockhart?
5. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
6. Who gives Rivers a tour of the National Hospital and what does Rivers thinks of that man's treatment methods?
7. What happened to Prior that sent him to the hospital?
8. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
9. What is wrong with Broadbent and what does Rivers do about it?
10. In Chapter 22, why can't Rivers sleep and what does he do when he can't?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)