|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rivers think Sassoon might be experiencing?
(a) Some distress.
(b) Too much fear.
(c) A mid-life crisis.
(d) A religious conversion.
2. Who is delusional?
3. Who is Broadbent?
(a) A new nurse.
(b) The new hospital administrator.
(c) A new doctor at the hospital.
(d) A new patient at the hospital.
4. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
(a) He gets sick.
(b) He falls asleep and his face falls in his food.
(c) Nothing happens.
(d) He is attacked by another patient.
5. What does Rivers think about as he prepares to sleep the night of Prior's hypnotism?
(a) Prior's confession.
(b) His brother who is killed the year before.
(c) His sister who is killed driving an ambulance.
(d) Rivers needs a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prior apologize to Rivers?
2. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
3. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
4. What does Burns see where he is?
5. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sassoon and Graves talk about when they go swimming in Chapter 4 and what does Sassoon say he remembers about the subject?
2. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
3. What game do Sassoon and Anderson play in Chapter 8 and what does Anderson almost do to Sassoon?
4. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
5. What is wrong with Broadbent and what does Rivers do about it?
6. What does Sassoon do after his swim with Graves?
7. What happens in Chapter 3 when Graves arrives at the hospital?
8. Why is Prior at the hospital?
9. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Rivers about Sassoon?
10. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)