|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sassoon do with the answer to question #8?
(a) Threw it at a German soldier.
(b) Gave it to his girlfriend.
(c) Threw it in the river.
(d) Left it on his dresser at home.
2. How long is Prior confined to the hospital?
(a) 3 days.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) A month.
3. What was Anderson's former occupation?
(a) Aide de camp.
(b) Ship's loblolly boy.
(c) Ship captain.
(d) War surgeon.
4. What does Rivers think about as he prepares to sleep the night of Prior's hypnotism?
(a) His brother who is killed the year before.
(b) Prior's confession.
(c) Rivers needs a vacation.
(d) His sister who is killed driving an ambulance.
5. Why does Graves miss the train?
(a) He decided not to come.
(b) He was transferred.
(c) He broke his leg.
(d) He is late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter Dr. Rivers is reading say?
2. What does Williard believe about himself?
3. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
4. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
5. Who does Prior insult in a drunken state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the board decide to do about Prior in Chapter 18?
2. What does Rivers do that makes the other board members stare at him?
3. Where does Rivers stay the first night in London and how does he find his new job?
4. How does Sarah feel about Prior when he has not seen her for a week and what does he tell her?
5. In Chapter 22, why can't Rivers sleep and what does he do when he can't?
6. Who is reading a letter at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what is it titled?
7. What do Sassoon and Graves talk about when they go swimming in Chapter 4 and what does Sassoon say he remembers about the subject?
8. What is wrong with Broadbent and what does Rivers do about it?
9. What does Prior describe to Rivers in Chapter 8?
10. Why does Rivers visit Henry Head and what does Head offer him?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)