|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Rivers assign Broadbent?
(c) The hospital at Cornwall.
(d) The hospital in London.
2. Who is Broadbent?
(a) The new hospital administrator.
(b) A new nurse.
(c) A new doctor at the hospital.
(d) A new patient at the hospital.
3. What does Prior want of Dr. Rivers?
(a) An assignment to a private room.
(b) To be hypnotized.
(d) For Rivers to talk with Prior's father.
4. How is Prior affecting his roommate?
(a) He is making the roommate laugh.
(b) He is scaring the roommate.
(c) He is causing the roommate to start believing in ghosts.
(d) Prior's nightmares are keeping the roommate awake.
5. Who does Prior meet at a pub?
(a) Anderson and a nurse.
(b) A woman who works in munitions.
(c) Sassoon and a nurse.
(d) A woman who knows Prior's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk about when Sassoon returns from swimming?
2. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
3. Where is the person Rivers is interviewing a patient?
4. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
5. How does Sassoon react to Dr. Rivers' taunts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
2. What game do Sassoon and Anderson play in Chapter 8 and what does Anderson almost do to Sassoon?
3. Why is Prior at the hospital?
4. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
5. Who is reading a letter at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what is it titled?
6. What happened to Prior that sent him to the hospital?
7. What do Sassoon and Graves talk about when they go swimming in Chapter 4 and what does Sassoon say he remembers about the subject?
8. What does Prior do when he sneaks off the hospital grounds?
9. What happens to Burns in Chapter 2 and what is Rivers' response?
10. What does Rivers see when Prior's parents visit?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)