|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Burns sit naked?
(a) On top of the altar.
(b) In a trench full of dead men.
(c) In a circle made by the dead animals.
(d) In a circle made by the vampires.
2. What does Burns see where he is?
(a) An angel standing in front of the altar.
(b) His best friend being shot.
(c) Dead animals hanging from a large tree.
(d) Vampires rising out of the graves.
3. Who does Prior insult in a drunken state?
(a) The hospital matron.
(b) His father.
4. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Having a nightmare.
(b) Yelling at the nurse.
(c) Banging on other men's doors.
(d) Playing the trumpet after quiet hours.
5. For what does Sassoon feel horror?
(a) Being a coward.
(b) Having to sleep inside.
(c) The slaughter on the fields.
(d) The mustard gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sassoon notice about the taxi driver?
2. What does Prior find when he returns to the fire bay after a shell hits it?
3. What can Prior not do?
4. What is Dr. Rivers' response to Prior's request?
5. How does Dr. Rivers feel about the declaration from Sassoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
2. Who is Anderson and why is he at the hospital?
3. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
4. What happened to Prior that sent him to the hospital?
5. What happens to Burns in Chapter 2 and what is Rivers' response?
6. What happens in Chapter 3 when Graves arrives at the hospital?
7. In Chapter 4 what does Burns do when he leaves the hospital for part of a day?
8. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Rivers about Sassoon?
9. What does Sassoon describe to Dr. Rivers about what happened when he first returned from France and what does he say about it now?
10. What game do Sassoon and Anderson play in Chapter 8 and what does Anderson almost do to Sassoon?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)