|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Prior confined to the hospital?
(a) A month.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) A fortnight.
2. Who comes to visit at the hospital?
(a) Sassoon's father.
(b) Dr. River's parents.
(c) Prior's parents.
(d) Burns's mother.
3. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should request reassignment.
(b) That he should resign.
(c) That he should take more relaxation time.
(d) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
4. What does Rivers think Sassoon might be experiencing?
(a) A mid-life crisis.
(b) A religious conversion.
(c) Too much fear.
(d) Some distress.
5. Who is Wilfred Owen?
(a) A new doctor.
(b) A poet and fan of Sassoon.
(c) A soldier who loses his arm and leg in combat.
(d) One of Sassoon's enlisted men.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Dr. Rivers taunt Sassoon?
2. For what does Sassoon feel horror?
3. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
4. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
5. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
2. How does Prior look to Rivers in Chapter 8 and what is he doing that earns Rivers' disapproval?
3. In Chapter 4 what does Burns do when he leaves the hospital for part of a day?
4. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
5. What happens in Chapter 3 when Graves arrives at the hospital?
6. Who is reading a letter at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what is it titled?
7. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
8. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
9. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Rivers about Sassoon?
10. What does Prior continue to ask Rivers for and what does he show Rivers? What is Rivers' response?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)