|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anderson's problem?
(a) He cannot stand the sight of blood.
(b) He can move things with his mind that he doesn not want to do.
(c) He murdered his mother.
(d) He hears voices.
2. Why does Prior apologize to Rivers?
(a) He refuses to apologize.
(b) For telling Rivers he is incompetent.
(c) For insulting two nurses.
(d) For his behavior when he was drunk.
3. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
(a) He has a nightmare.
(b) He bangs on patients' doors.
(c) He yells at the nurse in the hallway.
(d) He plays his trumpet down the halls.
4. What is Dr. Rivers' response to Prior's request?
(a) He refuses it.
(b) He calls Prior's father.
(c) He says the private rooms are only for the violent patients.
(d) He says Prior is not eligible for a discharge.
5. Who does Broadbent say is ill?
(a) His mother.
(c) No one.
(d) His sweetheart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
2. To whom does Rivers assign Broadbent?
3. What does Rivers tell Bryce about Sassoon?
4. What book has Prior been reading?
5. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
2. What do Sassoon and Graves talk about when they go swimming in Chapter 4 and what does Sassoon say he remembers about the subject?
3. What happens in Chapter 3 when Graves arrives at the hospital?
4. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
5. What does Prior continue to ask Rivers for and what does he show Rivers? What is Rivers' response?
6. What does Prior describe to Rivers in Chapter 8?
7. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
8. What is wrong with Broadbent and what does Rivers do about it?
9. How does Prior look to Rivers in Chapter 8 and what is he doing that earns Rivers' disapproval?
10. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)