|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Broadbent say is ill?
(a) His mother.
(b) No one.
(d) His sweetheart.
2. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
(a) Newington Field.
(c) Castlewood Army Base.
(d) Hazelton Asylum.
3. What does Rivers say when Sassoon asks if he is crazy?
(a) That as far as he can tell Sassoon is sane.
(b) He probably is.
(c) He doesn't answer the question.
(d) He doesn't have enough information.
4. What did Sassoon do with the answer to question #8?
(a) Threw it at a German soldier.
(b) Threw it in the river.
(c) Gave it to his girlfriend.
(d) Left it on his dresser at home.
5. What is Anderson's problem?
(a) He hears voices.
(b) He cannot stand the sight of blood.
(c) He murdered his mother.
(d) He can move things with his mind that he doesn not want to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williard believe about himself?
2. What happens to Sassoon instead of a court-martial?
3. Who does Prior meet at a pub?
4. How does Prior appear at the opening of Chapter 8?
5. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
2. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
3. What happens to Burns in Chapter 2 and what is Rivers' response?
4. Who is suppose to go on the train with Sassoon and why doesn't he?
5. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
6. In Chapter 4 what does Burns do when he leaves the hospital for part of a day?
7. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Rivers about Sassoon?
8. What does Prior describe to Rivers in Chapter 8?
9. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
10. How does Rivers try to convince Sassoon to return to the war?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)