|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Prior not do?
2. What does Broadbent believe?
(a) That he is a British captain.
(b) That the Germans have invaded England.
(c) That Dr. Rivers can cure him.
(d) That Dr. Rivers wants to send him back to die.
3. Who plays golf together?
(a) Rivers and Prior.
(b) Anderson and Sassoon.
(c) Sassoon and Owen.
(d) Anderson and Prior.
4. How does Prior appear at the opening of Chapter 8?
(c) Healthy and alert.
(d) Worn thin.
5. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
(a) The doctor is afraid for Prior to have matches in his state of mind.
(b) It sets a bad example for the enlisted men.
(c) Prior has asthma.
(d) It smells bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prior not remember?
2. To whom does Rivers assign Broadbent?
3. What was Anderson's former occupation?
4. Who does Prior meet at a pub?
5. What happens to Sassoon instead of a court-martial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sassoon describe to Dr. Rivers about what happened when he first returned from France and what does he say about it now?
2. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
3. Who is Anderson and why is he at the hospital?
4. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
5. What happens to Burns in Chapter 2 and what is Rivers' response?
6. What happens to Prior at the beginning of Chapter 7 and what does Prior have to say about it?
7. What does Sassoon do after his swim with Graves?
8. How does Rivers try to convince Sassoon to return to the war?
9. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
10. Who is suppose to go on the train with Sassoon and why doesn't he?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)