|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prior want of Dr. Rivers?
(a) To be hypnotized.
(c) For Rivers to talk with Prior's father.
(d) An assignment to a private room.
2. What confuses Sarah Lumb?
(a) Why Lizzie is interested in the same man that Sarah is.
(b) Why men from the hospital receive leave to bother the local girls.
(c) Why Prior never returns to see her when they agreed to meet again.
(d) She is not confused, just angry.
3. For what does Sassoon feel horror?
(a) Being a coward.
(b) Having to sleep inside.
(c) The slaughter on the fields.
(d) The mustard gas.
4. Who is Second-lieutenant Prior?
(a) The dead brother of one of Craiglockhart's patients.
(b) An officer who is charged with dereliction of duty.
(c) The new commanding officer of Company D.
(d) A character introduced in Chapter 5.
5. About what does Dr. Rivers taunt Sassoon?
(a) His mother's adulterous affair.
(b) His brother's reputation as a traitor.
(c) His father's reputation as a traitor.
(d) How safe he is at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Prior insult in a drunken state?
2. Who does Dr. Rivers see after supper?
3. How long is Prior confined to the hospital?
4. Why does Prior apologize to Rivers?
5. How does Dr. Rivers feel about the declaration from Sassoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is reading a letter at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what is it titled?
2. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
3. How does Prior look to Rivers in Chapter 8 and what is he doing that earns Rivers' disapproval?
4. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
5. What happens in Chapter 3 when Graves arrives at the hospital?
6. What happens to Burns in Chapter 2 and what is Rivers' response?
7. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
8. Who is Anderson and why is he at the hospital?
9. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
10. What is wrong with Broadbent and what does Rivers do about it?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)