|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should take more relaxation time.
(b) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
(c) That he should request reassignment.
(d) That he should resign.
2. Where does Prior go?
(a) Back to the front.
(b) To the forest.
(c) Sick bay.
3. Who is Henry Head?
(a) The dean at the medical school from which Rivers graduates.
(b) Rivers's father's best friend.
(c) The custodian at the hospital.
(d) An old friend of Dr. Rivers'.
4. What was Anderson's former occupation?
(a) War surgeon.
(b) Ship's loblolly boy.
(c) Ship captain.
(d) Aide de camp.
5. How does Prior respond to Rivers' offer to hypnotize him?
(a) He is reluctant but agrees.
(b) He says no way.
(c) He says he agrees but only if Rivers does not reveal anything to anyone else.
(d) He is quite anxious to have it done.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
2. What does Sassoon think about on the train?
3. To whom does Rivers assign Broadbent?
4. Who does Broadbent say is ill?
5. What did Sassoon do with the answer to question #8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
2. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
3. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
4. In Chapter 4 what does Burns do when he leaves the hospital for part of a day?
5. What does Sassoon describe to Dr. Rivers about what happened when he first returned from France and what does he say about it now?
6. What does Prior describe to Rivers in Chapter 8?
7. What do Sassoon and Graves talk about when they go swimming in Chapter 4 and what does Sassoon say he remembers about the subject?
8. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
9. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
10. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)