|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is giving Dr. Rivers difficulty?
2. What does Rivers tell Bryce about Sassoon?
(a) He is just a coward.
(b) He was impressed by him and likes him.
(c) He didn't care for his arrogance.
(d) He is probably crazy.
3. What mental state is more common for enlisted men than officers?
(a) Suicidal tendencies.
4. How does Prior respond to Rivers' offer to hypnotize him?
(a) He is quite anxious to have it done.
(b) He is reluctant but agrees.
(c) He says he agrees but only if Rivers does not reveal anything to anyone else.
(d) He says no way.
5. What can Prior not do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sassoon notice about the taxi driver?
2. What does Williard believe about himself?
3. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
4. Who is Dr. Rivers interviewing at the opening to Chapter 4?
5. How is Prior affecting his roommate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rivers try to convince Sassoon to return to the war?
2. What does Sassoon do after his swim with Graves?
3. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
4. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
5. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
6. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
7. What does Prior describe to Rivers in Chapter 8?
8. What happened to Prior that sent him to the hospital?
9. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
10. What does Prior continue to ask Rivers for and what does he show Rivers? What is Rivers' response?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)