|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hasn't Lizzie missed her husband?
(a) She isn't married.
(b) He comes home at least once a week.
(c) He doesn't qualify for the draft because he is deaf.
(d) He is abusive.
2. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
(a) Prior has asthma.
(b) It sets a bad example for the enlisted men.
(c) The doctor is afraid for Prior to have matches in his state of mind.
(d) It smells bad.
3. Who is having an asthma attack?
4. How does Sassoon react to Dr. Rivers' taunts?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He becomes more despondent.
(c) He agrees with Dr. Rivers.
(d) He becomes angry.
5. What do most of the people believe who read Sassoon's Declaration?
(a) That it is the ravings of a man in the throes of a breakdown.
(b) That it has some good arguments.
(c) That it is written by someone besides Sassoon.
(d) That it is treasonous.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Rivers assign Broadbent?
2. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
3. Who does Dr. Rivers see after supper?
4. What does Sassoon do occasionally when answering Rivers' questions?
5. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
2. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
3. What does Prior describe to Rivers in Chapter 8?
4. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Rivers about Sassoon?
5. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
6. Why is Prior at the hospital?
7. What happens to Burns in Chapter 2 and what is Rivers' response?
8. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
9. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
10. Who is Anderson and why is he at the hospital?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)