|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prior not remember?
(a) That he is in the military.
(b) The terrible thing that happened to him in the war.
(c) Where he lives.
(d) His name.
2. What does Rivers say when Sassoon asks if he is crazy?
(a) He doesn't have enough information.
(b) That as far as he can tell Sassoon is sane.
(c) He doesn't answer the question.
(d) He probably is.
3. What does Sassoon do when he arrives at the steps into the hospital?
(a) Sit down on the top step.
(b) Pause for a moment.
(c) Stumble over the steps.
(d) Run up the steps immediately.
4. Who is Wilfred Owen?
(a) A soldier who loses his arm and leg in combat.
(b) One of Sassoon's enlisted men.
(c) A new doctor.
(d) A poet and fan of Sassoon.
5. Who wrote the letter Dr. Rivers is reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(d) Robert Graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Rivers' response to Prior's request?
2. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
3. What does Graves tell Dr. Rivers about Sassoon's board decision?
4. What does Dr. Rivers believe should be used as a last resort?
5. Who is Dr. Rivers interviewing at the opening to Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rivers see when Prior's parents visit?
2. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
3. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
4. What does Sassoon tell Dr. Rivers about his medical board and what did the board determine about Sassoon?
5. What does Prior do when he sneaks off the hospital grounds?
6. In Chapter 4 what does Burns do when he leaves the hospital for part of a day?
7. What does Sassoon do after his swim with Graves?
8. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
9. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
10. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)