|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book has Prior been reading?
(a) Dr. Rivers' book on hypnosis.
(b) A comic book.
(c) A book about the paranormal.
(d) A book on hypochondria.
2. What does Prior want of Dr. Rivers?
(b) For Rivers to talk with Prior's father.
(c) To be hypnotized.
(d) An assignment to a private room.
3. Why hasn't Lizzie missed her husband?
(a) He is abusive.
(b) She isn't married.
(c) He comes home at least once a week.
(d) He doesn't qualify for the draft because he is deaf.
4. Who is Dr. Rivers interviewing at the opening to Chapter 4?
(d) No one.
5. What does Rivers think about as he prepares to sleep the night of Prior's hypnotism?
(a) Rivers needs a vacation.
(b) Prior's confession.
(c) His sister who is killed driving an ambulance.
(d) His brother who is killed the year before.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk that is sad?
2. What does Broadbent believe?
3. What happens to Sassoon instead of a court-martial?
4. Who is Wilfred Owen?
5. What is Anderson's problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 3 when Graves arrives at the hospital?
2. What does Rivers think about Anderson's vision of Rivers in one of Anderson's dreams?
3. What do Prior and Sarah do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
4. What does Sassoon notice in the taxi and why does he touch his chest?
5. What does Prior describe to Rivers in Chapter 8?
6. Who is Wilfred Owen and how does he feel about Sassoon?
7. What does Rivers see when Prior's parents visit?
8. Why does Rivers go to Aldebugh?
9. Why is Peter sent to Rivers?
10. How does Prior look to Rivers in Chapter 8 and what is he doing that earns Rivers' disapproval?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)