Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Second-lieutenant Prior?
(a) The dead brother of one of Craiglockhart's patients.
(b) A character introduced in Chapter 5.
(c) An officer who is charged with dereliction of duty.
(d) The new commanding officer of Company D.
2. Why does Prior apologize to Rivers?
(a) For telling Rivers he is incompetent.
(b) For his behavior when he was drunk.
(c) For insulting two nurses.
(d) He refuses to apologize.
3. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
(b) Parkinson's disease.
(c) No particular diganosis.
4. How does Sassoon feel towards civilians?
(a) He is indifferent to them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He likes them.
(d) He envies them.
5. What is Dr. Rivers' response to Prior's request?
(a) He refuses it.
(b) He says Prior is not eligible for a discharge.
(c) He says the private rooms are only for the violent patients.
(d) He calls Prior's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
2. Who plays golf together?
3. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
4. Where is Prior when he first goes under hypnotism?
5. Who is delusional?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Anderson and why is he at the hospital?
2. In Chapter 6 why does Rivers see Prior after dinner and what does Prior tell him what is Rivers' response?
3. What does Rivers see when Prior's parents visit?
4. Describe the nightmare Rivers had in Chapter 22 and Rivers' interpretation of the nightmare.
5. What is causing Dr. Rivers pain in his head while he is sleeping?
6. What does the writer say in the letter and what consequences has he suffered as the result of the letter?
7. Who is suppose to go on the train with Sassoon and why doesn't he?
8. What does is Prior able to do at the beginning of Chapter 6 and what does he ask Rivers to do?
9. Why does Sassoon meet Graves in Chapter 17 and what does he tell Graves?
10. What happened to Sassoon's Declaration and how does Sassoon feel about that and what does he and Rivers discuss in Chapter 7 besides this?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)