|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sassoon read to Owen?
(a) The book's dedication.
(b) A poem in the book.
(c) A poem Sassoon writes for Owen.
(d) A letter from Sassoon's father.
2. Why is Prior embarrassed?
(a) Learning he was upset just at seeing dead soldiers.
(b) Having to explain why he missed their rendezvous.
(c) He is not embarrassed.
(d) For the way he was afraid of being hypnotized.
3. What is happening in August at the opening of Chapter 18?
(a) An armistice.
(b) The medical boards.
(c) Dr. Rivers is reassigned.
(d) Another front has opened up in France.
4. Why does Prior start feeling hostile towards Sarah?
(a) He thinks she just pities him.
(b) He is not hostile to her.
(c) He thinks she wants him for his social standing.
(d) He sees her as part of people who seek to have fun and pleasure all the time.
5. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
(d) Her mother.
6. What does Bryce order Dr. Rivers to do?
(a) Reassign Prior to another doctor.
(b) Put in for reassignment.
(c) Take three weeks leave.
(d) Take 2 days off.
7. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
8. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
(a) More sex than anywhere else.
(b) One in ten condoms is deliberately compromised.
(c) She doesn't mention a condom factory.
(d) Men get revenge on women.
9. Who does Rivers see before leaving?
(b) His commanding officer.
(c) His lover.
10. How does Burns seem to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Odd but sane.
(d) Burns acts as if he does not know Dr. Rivers.
11. What does Prior not want to happen?
(a) Sarah to learn that he comes from a poor family.
(b) To become emotionally involved with Sarah.
(c) Sarah to get pregnant.
(d) To be returned to the front lines.
12. Who does Sassoon see in the doorway when he wakes?
(b) No one.
(c) Dr. Rivers.
13. What had Sassoon revealed at some time in the past to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That Sassoon is impotent.
(b) That Prior came on to him.
(c) That he is either homosexual or has homosexual tendencies.
(d) That his parents have disowned him.
14. What sort of problem does Rivers remember he had as a child?
(a) A bad limp from polio.
(d) Crossed eyes.
15. What is Owen's poem about?
(a) Hercules and Antaeus.
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) Achilles and Hector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madge do at home?
2. Into where does Prior sneak?
3. What does Sassoon realize about Dr. Rivers?
4. What is wrong with the women who work in the munitions factories?
5. What does Dr. Rivers think about Bryce?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)