|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rivers think about Bryce?
(a) He thinks he will be gone in a month.
(b) He thinks he is too mentally ill to work.
(c) That Bryce is faking his problem.
(d) That Bryce will recover, but it will take many years.
2. What happens to Madge's unborn baby?
(a) It dies from the flu Madge has and they have to do a C section.
(b) It survives.
(c) It dies from the shrapnel wound.
(d) It aborts, probably from the side effects of the munitions powder.
3. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
(c) Her mother.
4. What does Prior not want to happen?
(a) To be returned to the front lines.
(b) Sarah to learn that he comes from a poor family.
(c) Sarah to get pregnant.
(d) To become emotionally involved with Sarah.
5. What does Sarah's mother think Prior wants with Sarah?
(a) A handhold to sanity.
(b) For a wife.
(c) A shoulder to cry on.
(d) Just sex.
6. What is Owen's poem about?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(c) Hercules and Antaeus.
(d) Achilles and Hector.
7. Where does Henry Head offer a job to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Central Hospital at Newarington.
(b) He has not offered Rivers a job.
(c) Central Hospital at Hampstead.
(d) Psychiatric hospital in Offingham.
8. What does Dr. Rivers' brother contract in the East?
(a) Yellow Fever.
(d) Dengue Fever.
9. What does Sarah ask about at work?
(a) Where Madge is.
(b) Advice about continuing to date Prior.
(c) If any of the other women know Prior.
(d) If any of the other women know Dr. Rivers.
10. What sort of problem does Rivers remember he had as a child?
(a) Crossed eyes.
(d) A bad limp from polio.
11. Who does Sassoon see in the doorway when he wakes?
(a) No one.
(b) Dr. Rivers.
12. What does Sarah's mother think about the relationship between men and women?
(a) She has no opinion on the matter.
(b) That it is the strongest bond there is.
(c) That love cannot exist between men and women.
(d) That men and women are made to learn to love over time.
13. How does Burns seem to Dr. Rivers?
(b) Burns acts as if he does not know Dr. Rivers.
(d) Odd but sane.
14. What does Sassoon say he has decided?
(a) To ask for a discharge.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To return to the front.
(d) To leave the hospital.
15. How does Sarah's mother say men love?
(a) In the way a fox loves a hare.
(c) In the way the sun loves the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does Prior make a derogatory comment?
2. What has happened to Willard?
3. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
4. What does Prior believe Sarah should do?
5. Who does Sassoon meet at a bar?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)