|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prior not want to happen?
(a) To become emotionally involved with Sarah.
(b) To be returned to the front lines.
(c) Sarah to get pregnant.
(d) Sarah to learn that he comes from a poor family.
2. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
3. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
(a) That Sarah is a fool.
(b) That Sarah is wise.
(c) That it is an opportunity if she can get him to marry her.
(d) That Sarah is confused.
4. Where is Rivers headed?
5. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
(a) Ask for a discharge.
(c) He'll be dead.
(d) Return to the front.
6. What does Sassoon realize about Dr. Rivers?
(a) Dr. Rivers gets too emotionally involved with the soldiers.
(b) Dr. Rivers is not sure what he is doing sometimes.
(c) Sassoon has adopted him as a father figure.
(d) Dr. Rivers holds the hospital together.
7. What is Owen's poem about?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(b) Achilles and Hector.
(d) Hercules and Antaeus.
8. Who is Sassoon on his way to see at the end of Chapter 18?
(b) His parents.
(c) A board of inquiry.
(d) His former commanding officer.
9. How does Brock feel about the war and men?
(a) War should be played out by those in power.
(b) Some men enjoy war more when there is no good reason for it.
(c) The war has uprooted men from Earth.
(d) The common man is the only innocent one in the war.
10. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
(a) By saying that none of the patients wear their Craiglockhart badges while in town.
(b) By saying she does not care why he is at Craiglockhart.
(c) By saying that she has a brother at another hospital like Craiglockhart.
(d) By saying that she understands the pressures he is under.
11. What does Madge do at home?
(a) Commits suicide.
(b) Seduces an Air Force Captain.
(c) Bakes a cake for Sarah to give Prior, but she has no baking powder.
(d) Attempts an abortion.
12. Why does Prior start feeling hostile towards Sarah?
(a) He thinks she just pities him.
(b) He is not hostile to her.
(c) He thinks she wants him for his social standing.
(d) He sees her as part of people who seek to have fun and pleasure all the time.
13. Who compliments Owen on his poem?
14. What is a first for Sarah and Prior?
(c) A fight.
(d) A misunderstanding about Prior's intentions.
15. What is mimicked?
(b) The dove.
(c) The eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah ask about at work?
2. What do Owens and Sassoon do?
3. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
4. Why does Sassoon do what he did in question 141?
5. What happens to Madge's unborn baby?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)