|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of problem does Rivers remember he had as a child?
(b) Crossed eyes.
(c) A bad limp from polio.
2. What does Prior not want to happen?
(a) Sarah to get pregnant.
(b) To become emotionally involved with Sarah.
(c) To be returned to the front lines.
(d) Sarah to learn that he comes from a poor family.
3. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
(a) That Sarah is wise.
(b) That Sarah is confused.
(c) That Sarah is a fool.
(d) That it is an opportunity if she can get him to marry her.
4. What upsets Prior in Chapter 18?
(a) He is told he has to stay in the hospital another six months.
(b) He is sent back to the front.
(c) He is granted permanent home service.
(d) He is demoted.
5. What does Sassoon have when he meets with Owen?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A gun.
(c) Very expensive wine.
(d) A book.
6. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
(a) Her mother.
7. How does Brock feel about the war and men?
(a) The common man is the only innocent one in the war.
(b) War should be played out by those in power.
(c) Some men enjoy war more when there is no good reason for it.
(d) The war has uprooted men from Earth.
8. Why is Madge in the hospital?
(a) She is sick from the munitions dust.
(b) She has the flu.
(c) She puntures her bladder.
(d) She is hit with sharpnel from a wayward bomb.
9. What is mimicked?
(a) The dove.
(b) The eagle.
10. Where were the "fathers" in the dedication?
11. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
12. What does Sassoon hear that wakes him?
(a) An explosion.
(b) Someone whispering.
(c) A tapping noise.
(d) A scream.
13. Why does Prior want to return to the war?
(a) To pay back the enemy.
(b) To regain his memories completely.
(c) He does not want to return.
(d) To bolster his chances in future politics.
14. Who does Sassoon meet at a bar?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
15. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
(a) One in ten condoms is deliberately compromised.
(b) More sex than anywhere else.
(c) She doesn't mention a condom factory.
(d) Men get revenge on women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Dr. Rivers' brother having a chicken farm?
2. What had Sassoon revealed at some time in the past to Dr. Rivers?
3. Why is Prior embarrassed?
4. Where do Sarah and Madge go?
5. What does Sarah's mother think about the relationship between men and women?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)