|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brock feel about the war and men?
(a) Some men enjoy war more when there is no good reason for it.
(b) The common man is the only innocent one in the war.
(c) War should be played out by those in power.
(d) The war has uprooted men from Earth.
2. What does Bryce order Dr. Rivers to do?
(a) Reassign Prior to another doctor.
(b) Take 2 days off.
(c) Put in for reassignment.
(d) Take three weeks leave.
3. What does Sarah's mother think Prior wants with Sarah?
(a) A shoulder to cry on.
(b) A handhold to sanity.
(c) Just sex.
(d) For a wife.
4. What does Sassoon say he has decided?
(a) To leave the hospital.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To return to the front.
(d) To ask for a discharge.
5. What does Sassoon believe about one of Owen's poems?
(a) It is rather mediocre.
(b) Its subject matter is dull.
(c) Its rhythm is uneven.
(d) It is ready to be published nationally.
6. From where does Sassoon get his name?
(a) His mother's love of Wagner.
(b) A poem by Keats.
(c) His father's love of Wagner.
(d) A poem by Schiller.
7. Where does Dr. Rivers go on leave?
(a) To the Mediterrean.
(b) To France.
(c) To Ireland.
(d) To visit his brother on a chicken farm.
8. Who compliments Owen on his poem?
9. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
(a) By saying that none of the patients wear their Craiglockhart badges while in town.
(b) By saying that she understands the pressures he is under.
(c) By saying that she has a brother at another hospital like Craiglockhart.
(d) By saying she does not care why he is at Craiglockhart.
10. What does Sassoon have when he meets with Owen?
(a) A gun.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A book.
(d) Very expensive wine.
11. Why is Charles Rivers' cat morose?
(a) The cat is declawed to protect the chickens.
(b) There are three dogs to the one cat.
(c) It is not morose.
(d) From living on a farm full of birds the cat is not allowed to kill.
12. What does Sassoon read to Owen?
(a) The book's dedication.
(b) A letter from Sassoon's father.
(c) A poem in the book.
(d) A poem Sassoon writes for Owen.
13. Who does Sassoon see in the doorway when he wakes?
(b) No one.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
14. What has happened to Willard?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He is censored.
(c) He can walk.
(d) He is sent home.
15. What does Owen feel when leaving Sassoon?
(c) A great sense of loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Prior see and realize he really likes?
2. Where do Owen and Sassoon meet?
3. What does Sarah's mother think about the relationship between men and women?
4. Why does Prior start feeling hostile towards Sarah?
5. How does Sarah's mother say men love?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)