|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into where does Prior sneak?
(a) The racetrack.
(b) The munitions factory.
(c) Sarah's room.
(d) The officer's club.
2. What do Owens and Sassoon do?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Write a poem about Craiglockhart.
(c) Smoke opium.
(d) Have a couple prostitutes to entertain them.
3. Why does Prior start feeling hostile towards Sarah?
(a) He is not hostile to her.
(b) He thinks she wants him for his social standing.
(c) He sees her as part of people who seek to have fun and pleasure all the time.
(d) He thinks she just pities him.
4. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
(a) Return to the front.
(b) Ask for a discharge.
(c) He'll be dead.
5. What does Owen feel when leaving Sassoon?
(a) A great sense of loss.
6. What does Sarah ask about at work?
(a) Advice about continuing to date Prior.
(b) If any of the other women know Prior.
(c) If any of the other women know Dr. Rivers.
(d) Where Madge is.
7. What classes did Rivers' father used to teach?
(d) Speech therapy.
8. What does Sassoon have when he meets with Owen?
(a) A book.
(b) Very expensive wine.
(c) A gun.
(d) A suitcase.
9. What had Sassoon revealed at some time in the past to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That Sassoon is impotent.
(b) That he is either homosexual or has homosexual tendencies.
(c) That Prior came on to him.
(d) That his parents have disowned him.
10. What does Sarah's mother think Prior wants with Sarah?
(a) A handhold to sanity.
(b) A shoulder to cry on.
(c) For a wife.
(d) Just sex.
11. What does Madge do at home?
(a) Seduces an Air Force Captain.
(b) Attempts an abortion.
(c) Commits suicide.
(d) Bakes a cake for Sarah to give Prior, but she has no baking powder.
12. How is Dr. Yealland's bedside manner?
(a) Cold and uncaring.
13. What does Prior believe Sarah should do?
(a) Pay him in some way for fighting for freedom.
(b) Not see him again.
(c) Meet his best friend.
(d) Marry him.
14. Who compliments Owen on his poem?
15. What happens to Madge's unborn baby?
(a) It aborts, probably from the side effects of the munitions powder.
(b) It dies from the shrapnel wound.
(c) It dies from the flu Madge has and they have to do a C section.
(d) It survives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brock feel about the war and men?
2. Where do Owen and Sassoon meet?
3. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
4. What does Rivers spend much time doing while at the chicken farm?
5. About whom does Prior make a derogatory comment?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)