|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Prior make a derogatory comment?
2. What had Sassoon revealed at some time in the past to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That Prior came on to him.
(b) That his parents have disowned him.
(c) That he is either homosexual or has homosexual tendencies.
(d) That Sassoon is impotent.
3. What has happened to Willard?
(a) He is censored.
(b) He can walk.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) He kills himself.
4. What does Sassoon say he has decided?
(a) To leave the hospital.
(b) To return to the front.
(c) To ask for a discharge.
(d) To kill himself.
5. Where do Sarah and Madge go?
(a) To find jobs in London.
(b) To find jobs in Birmingham.
(c) To volunteer for the woman's army corps.
(d) To see Madge's lover in the hospital.
6. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
(a) That it is an opportunity if she can get him to marry her.
(b) That Sarah is confused.
(c) That Sarah is wise.
(d) That Sarah is a fool.
7. Who does Prior see and realize he really likes?
8. Why is Madge in the hospital?
(a) She has the flu.
(b) She is hit with sharpnel from a wayward bomb.
(c) She is sick from the munitions dust.
(d) She puntures her bladder.
9. What does Sarah's mother think Prior wants with Sarah?
(a) A shoulder to cry on.
(b) Just sex.
(c) A handhold to sanity.
(d) For a wife.
10. What happens to Madge's unborn baby?
(a) It aborts, probably from the side effects of the munitions powder.
(b) It dies from the shrapnel wound.
(c) It survives.
(d) It dies from the flu Madge has and they have to do a C section.
11. Into where does Prior sneak?
(a) The munitions factory.
(b) The officer's club.
(c) The racetrack.
(d) Sarah's room.
12. Where were the "fathers" in the dedication?
13. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
(a) By saying she does not care why he is at Craiglockhart.
(b) By saying that none of the patients wear their Craiglockhart badges while in town.
(c) By saying that she understands the pressures he is under.
(d) By saying that she has a brother at another hospital like Craiglockhart.
14. Why does Charles Rivers have to kill one of his chickens?
(a) It is ill.
(b) They need the food.
(c) It keeps cracking the other chickens' eggs.
(d) It attacked another chicken.
15. Who does Sassoon see in the doorway when he wakes?
(b) No one.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a first for Sarah and Prior?
2. What does Rivers spend much time doing while at the chicken farm?
3. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
4. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
5. What is Owen's poem about?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)