|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
(b) He'll be dead.
(c) Ask for a discharge.
(d) Return to the front.
2. What is the purpose of Dr. Rivers' brother having a chicken farm?
(a) To please his wife.
(b) To please their parents.
(c) As a social experiment.
(d) To be out in the fresh air a lot.
3. What does Sarah's mother think about the relationship between men and women?
(a) She has no opinion on the matter.
(b) That it is the strongest bond there is.
(c) That love cannot exist between men and women.
(d) That men and women are made to learn to love over time.
4. Why does Charles Rivers have to kill one of his chickens?
(a) They need the food.
(b) It keeps cracking the other chickens' eggs.
(c) It is ill.
(d) It attacked another chicken.
5. What does Dr. Rivers' brother contract in the East?
(a) Dengue Fever.
(c) Yellow Fever.
6. Why does Prior want to return to the war?
(a) To bolster his chances in future politics.
(b) He does not want to return.
(c) To regain his memories completely.
(d) To pay back the enemy.
7. Who is Sassoon on his way to see at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) His parents.
(b) His former commanding officer.
(d) A board of inquiry.
8. Where does Henry Head offer a job to Dr. Rivers?
(a) He has not offered Rivers a job.
(b) Psychiatric hospital in Offingham.
(c) Central Hospital at Hampstead.
(d) Central Hospital at Newarington.
9. Who does Prior see and realize he really likes?
10. Who does Sassoon meet at a bar?
(b) Dr. Rivers.
11. What classes did Rivers' father used to teach?
(c) Speech therapy.
12. What is mimicked?
(b) The eagle.
(d) The dove.
13. What has happened to Willard?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He is censored.
(c) He can walk.
(d) He kills himself.
14. Where does Burns go one night during a storm?
(a) An old tower.
(b) A cave in which he played as a child.
(c) The cellar.
(d) His son's tree house.
15. What does Sassoon read to Owen?
(a) A letter from Sassoon's father.
(b) A poem Sassoon writes for Owen.
(c) The book's dedication.
(d) A poem in the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who compliments Owen on his poem?
2. What does Rivers spend much time doing while at the chicken farm?
3. What does Rivers thinks Burns may do in a couple years?
4. What happens to Madge's unborn baby?
5. Why does Sassoon do what he did in question 141?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)