|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sassoon see in the doorway when he wakes?
(b) Dr. Rivers.
(c) No one.
2. How does Brock feel about the war and men?
(a) Some men enjoy war more when there is no good reason for it.
(b) The common man is the only innocent one in the war.
(c) The war has uprooted men from Earth.
(d) War should be played out by those in power.
3. What does Sarah ask about at work?
(a) Where Madge is.
(b) If any of the other women know Dr. Rivers.
(c) Advice about continuing to date Prior.
(d) If any of the other women know Prior.
4. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
(b) Return to the front.
(c) Ask for a discharge.
(d) He'll be dead.
5. Why does Charles Rivers have to kill one of his chickens?
(a) It keeps cracking the other chickens' eggs.
(b) It is ill.
(c) It attacked another chicken.
(d) They need the food.
6. Where is Rivers headed?
7. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
(b) Her mother.
8. What does Sassoon do?
(a) Kills himself.
(b) Sits for a court martial for insubordination.
(c) Leaves the hospital.
(d) Gets a girl pregnant.
9. What does Sassoon have when he meets with Owen?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) Very expensive wine.
(c) A gun.
(d) A book.
10. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
(a) By saying that none of the patients wear their Craiglockhart badges while in town.
(b) By saying that she understands the pressures he is under.
(c) By saying she does not care why he is at Craiglockhart.
(d) By saying that she has a brother at another hospital like Craiglockhart.
11. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
12. What does Owen feel when leaving Sassoon?
(d) A great sense of loss.
13. What upsets Prior in Chapter 18?
(a) He is granted permanent home service.
(b) He is told he has to stay in the hospital another six months.
(c) He is demoted.
(d) He is sent back to the front.
14. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
(a) A pigeon and a dove.
(b) Many enemy soldiers.
(d) Many a kestrel.
15. Who is Sassoon on his way to see at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) His former commanding officer.
(c) A board of inquiry.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does Prior make a derogatory comment?
2. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
3. What does Madge do at home?
4. What classes did Rivers' father used to teach?
5. Who does Prior see and realize he really likes?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)