|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Rivers go on leave?
(a) To the Mediterrean.
(b) To Ireland.
(c) To France.
(d) To visit his brother on a chicken farm.
2. Who does Sassoon see in the doorway when he wakes?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
(b) No one.
3. What does Sarah's mother think Prior wants with Sarah?
(a) A shoulder to cry on.
(b) For a wife.
(c) Just sex.
(d) A handhold to sanity.
4. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
5. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
(a) That Sarah is wise.
(b) That Sarah is confused.
(c) That it is an opportunity if she can get him to marry her.
(d) That Sarah is a fool.
6. What does Sassoon read to Owen?
(a) A letter from Sassoon's father.
(b) A poem in the book.
(c) The book's dedication.
(d) A poem Sassoon writes for Owen.
7. How does Sarah's mother say a woman loves a man?
(a) In the way a tapeworm loves the gut.
(c) In the way a flower loves a bee.
(d) With total absorption.
8. Why is Madge in the hospital?
(a) She puntures her bladder.
(b) She is hit with sharpnel from a wayward bomb.
(c) She has the flu.
(d) She is sick from the munitions dust.
9. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
(a) By saying that she has a brother at another hospital like Craiglockhart.
(b) By saying that none of the patients wear their Craiglockhart badges while in town.
(c) By saying she does not care why he is at Craiglockhart.
(d) By saying that she understands the pressures he is under.
10. Into where does Prior sneak?
(a) The munitions factory.
(b) The racetrack.
(c) Sarah's room.
(d) The officer's club.
11. What does Sarah's mother think about the relationship between men and women?
(a) That it is the strongest bond there is.
(b) She has no opinion on the matter.
(c) That men and women are made to learn to love over time.
(d) That love cannot exist between men and women.
12. Where do Owen and Sassoon meet?
(a) The forest near Craiglockhart.
(b) The Conservative Club.
(c) The basement of Craiglockhart.
(d) The pub in a nearby town.
13. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
(a) Ask for a discharge.
(c) He'll be dead.
(d) Return to the front.
14. Where do Sarah and Madge go?
(a) To find jobs in London.
(b) To find jobs in Birmingham.
(c) To volunteer for the woman's army corps.
(d) To see Madge's lover in the hospital.
15. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Owen's poem about?
2. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
3. How is Dr. Yealland's bedside manner?
4. From where does Sassoon get his name?
5. Who does Rivers see before leaving?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)