|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Willard?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He is censored.
(c) He can walk.
(d) He kills himself.
2. What does Sarah's mother think about the relationship between men and women?
(a) She has no opinion on the matter.
(b) That love cannot exist between men and women.
(c) That it is the strongest bond there is.
(d) That men and women are made to learn to love over time.
3. What does Rivers spend much time doing while at the chicken farm?
(a) Cleaning out cages.
(b) Remembering his childhood.
(c) Reading fiction.
(d) Riding the one horse.
4. Of what does Owen say his poem is symbolic?
(a) The reasons for the start of the war.
(b) The prince whose assassination starts the war.
(d) Dr. Brock's view of the patients at Craiglockhart.
5. How does Brock feel about the war and men?
(a) Some men enjoy war more when there is no good reason for it.
(b) War should be played out by those in power.
(c) The common man is the only innocent one in the war.
(d) The war has uprooted men from Earth.
6. Why does Sassoon do what he did in question 141?
(a) He marries the girl.
(b) He is tired of waiting for a decision from the doctors.
(c) He pleads no contest.
(d) He decides it's the best way to cure his memories.
7. Who compliments Owen on his poem?
8. What does Sassoon hear that wakes him?
(a) Someone whispering.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A scream.
(d) A tapping noise.
9. What happens to Madge's unborn baby?
(a) It survives.
(b) It dies from the flu Madge has and they have to do a C section.
(c) It aborts, probably from the side effects of the munitions powder.
(d) It dies from the shrapnel wound.
10. What does Sassoon say he has decided?
(a) To ask for a discharge.
(b) To leave the hospital.
(c) To return to the front.
(d) To kill himself.
11. How does Sarah's mother say a woman loves a man?
(b) In the way a flower loves a bee.
(c) With total absorption.
(d) In the way a tapeworm loves the gut.
12. About whom does Prior make a derogatory comment?
13. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
(a) She doesn't mention a condom factory.
(b) One in ten condoms is deliberately compromised.
(c) More sex than anywhere else.
(d) Men get revenge on women.
14. Why is Charles Rivers' cat morose?
(a) There are three dogs to the one cat.
(b) The cat is declawed to protect the chickens.
(c) From living on a farm full of birds the cat is not allowed to kill.
(d) It is not morose.
15. Why is Prior embarrassed?
(a) He is not embarrassed.
(b) For the way he was afraid of being hypnotized.
(c) Having to explain why he missed their rendezvous.
(d) Learning he was upset just at seeing dead soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of problem does Rivers remember he had as a child?
2. Where does Henry Head offer a job to Dr. Rivers?
3. What does Sassoon do?
4. What does Prior not want to happen?
5. What does Dr. Rivers think about Bryce?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)