|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Prior in Chapter 18?
(a) He is demoted.
(b) He is granted permanent home service.
(c) He is told he has to stay in the hospital another six months.
(d) He is sent back to the front.
2. Where does Henry Head offer a job to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Psychiatric hospital in Offingham.
(b) Central Hospital at Newarington.
(c) He has not offered Rivers a job.
(d) Central Hospital at Hampstead.
3. Why does Prior want to return to the war?
(a) He does not want to return.
(b) To regain his memories completely.
(c) To bolster his chances in future politics.
(d) To pay back the enemy.
4. Who does Sassoon meet at a bar?
(c) Dr. Rivers.
5. What is a first for Sarah and Prior?
(a) A fight.
(d) A misunderstanding about Prior's intentions.
6. What sort of problem does Rivers remember he had as a child?
(c) A bad limp from polio.
(d) Crossed eyes.
7. What do Owens and Sassoon do?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Smoke opium.
(c) Write a poem about Craiglockhart.
(d) Have a couple prostitutes to entertain them.
8. Why is Charles Rivers' cat morose?
(a) The cat is declawed to protect the chickens.
(b) It is not morose.
(c) There are three dogs to the one cat.
(d) From living on a farm full of birds the cat is not allowed to kill.
9. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
(a) One in ten condoms is deliberately compromised.
(b) She doesn't mention a condom factory.
(c) Men get revenge on women.
(d) More sex than anywhere else.
10. Where does Dr. Rivers go to visit Burns?
11. How does Brock feel about the war and men?
(a) War should be played out by those in power.
(b) Some men enjoy war more when there is no good reason for it.
(c) The war has uprooted men from Earth.
(d) The common man is the only innocent one in the war.
12. From where does Sassoon get his name?
(a) A poem by Schiller.
(b) His mother's love of Wagner.
(c) A poem by Keats.
(d) His father's love of Wagner.
13. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
(b) A pigeon and a dove.
(c) Many a kestrel.
(d) Many enemy soldiers.
14. Where do Sarah and Madge go?
(a) To see Madge's lover in the hospital.
(b) To volunteer for the woman's army corps.
(c) To find jobs in London.
(d) To find jobs in Birmingham.
15. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
(b) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryce order Dr. Rivers to do?
2. What is Dr. Rivers doing in Chapter 20?
3. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
4. Why does Prior start feeling hostile towards Sarah?
5. What does Sassoon do?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)