|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prior think about Sarah?
(a) That she is too good for him.
(b) That she is a temporary fling.
(c) That she is an attractive woman no matter what.
(d) That he is too good for her.
2. Who compliments Owen on his poem?
3. What does Sassoon do?
(a) Kills himself.
(b) Sits for a court martial for insubordination.
(c) Leaves the hospital.
(d) Gets a girl pregnant.
4. What do Owens and Sassoon do?
(a) Have a couple prostitutes to entertain them.
(b) Write a poem about Craiglockhart.
(c) Smoke opium.
(d) Get drunk.
5. Why is Madge in the hospital?
(a) She is sick from the munitions dust.
(b) She has the flu.
(c) She puntures her bladder.
(d) She is hit with sharpnel from a wayward bomb.
6. How does Sarah's mother say men love?
(b) In the way a fox loves a hare.
(c) In the way the sun loves the moon.
7. What does Sassoon read to Owen?
(a) A letter from Sassoon's father.
(b) The book's dedication.
(c) A poem in the book.
(d) A poem Sassoon writes for Owen.
8. Why is Charles Rivers' cat morose?
(a) From living on a farm full of birds the cat is not allowed to kill.
(b) It is not morose.
(c) There are three dogs to the one cat.
(d) The cat is declawed to protect the chickens.
9. What does Sassoon believe about one of Owen's poems?
(a) It is rather mediocre.
(b) Its subject matter is dull.
(c) It is ready to be published nationally.
(d) Its rhythm is uneven.
10. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
(a) He'll be dead.
(c) Return to the front.
(d) Ask for a discharge.
11. What does Bryce order Dr. Rivers to do?
(a) Take 2 days off.
(b) Put in for reassignment.
(c) Reassign Prior to another doctor.
(d) Take three weeks leave.
12. What does Sarah's mother think about the relationship between men and women?
(a) That men and women are made to learn to love over time.
(b) She has no opinion on the matter.
(c) That love cannot exist between men and women.
(d) That it is the strongest bond there is.
13. Why does Sassoon do what he did in question 141?
(a) He marries the girl.
(b) He is tired of waiting for a decision from the doctors.
(c) He decides it's the best way to cure his memories.
(d) He pleads no contest.
14. What does Sassoon have when he meets with Owen?
(a) A book.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A gun.
(d) Very expensive wine.
15. What does Dr. Rivers' brother contract in the East?
(a) Yellow Fever.
(c) Dengue Fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prior not want to happen?
2. Who does Prior see and realize he really likes?
3. Who does Sassoon see in the doorway when he wakes?
4. What does Dr. Rivers think about Bryce?
5. Where were the "fathers" in the dedication?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)