|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rivers see before leaving?
(c) His lover.
(d) His commanding officer.
2. What upsets Prior in Chapter 18?
(a) He is granted permanent home service.
(b) He is demoted.
(c) He is sent back to the front.
(d) He is told he has to stay in the hospital another six months.
3. What does Madge do at home?
(a) Seduces an Air Force Captain.
(b) Attempts an abortion.
(c) Bakes a cake for Sarah to give Prior, but she has no baking powder.
(d) Commits suicide.
4. What is a first for Sarah and Prior?
(a) A fight.
(b) A misunderstanding about Prior's intentions.
5. How is Dr. Yealland's bedside manner?
(b) Cold and uncaring.
6. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
(a) One in ten condoms is deliberately compromised.
(b) More sex than anywhere else.
(c) Men get revenge on women.
(d) She doesn't mention a condom factory.
7. What does Sassoon hear that wakes him?
(a) Someone whispering.
(b) A tapping noise.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A scream.
8. Why is Charles Rivers' cat morose?
(a) There are three dogs to the one cat.
(b) The cat is declawed to protect the chickens.
(c) It is not morose.
(d) From living on a farm full of birds the cat is not allowed to kill.
9. Who is Sassoon on his way to see at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) His former commanding officer.
(b) His parents.
(d) A board of inquiry.
10. Why does Prior want to return to the war?
(a) To pay back the enemy.
(b) He does not want to return.
(c) To regain his memories completely.
(d) To bolster his chances in future politics.
11. What do Owens and Sassoon do?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Smoke opium.
(c) Write a poem about Craiglockhart.
(d) Have a couple prostitutes to entertain them.
12. Why does Sassoon do what he did in question 141?
(a) He marries the girl.
(b) He pleads no contest.
(c) He is tired of waiting for a decision from the doctors.
(d) He decides it's the best way to cure his memories.
13. What classes did Rivers' father used to teach?
(a) Speech therapy.
14. How does Brock feel about the war and men?
(a) War should be played out by those in power.
(b) The war has uprooted men from Earth.
(c) The common man is the only innocent one in the war.
(d) Some men enjoy war more when there is no good reason for it.
15. How does Sarah's mother say men love?
(a) In the way a fox loves a hare.
(c) In the way the sun loves the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
2. What does Sassoon read to Owen?
3. Where does Burns go one night during a storm?
4. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
5. What does Prior think about Sarah?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)