|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prior believe Sarah should do?
(a) Pay him in some way for fighting for freedom.
(b) Not see him again.
(c) Meet his best friend.
(d) Marry him.
2. What does Sassoon read to Owen?
(a) A letter from Sassoon's father.
(b) A poem in the book.
(c) A poem Sassoon writes for Owen.
(d) The book's dedication.
3. Why is Madge in the hospital?
(a) She is sick from the munitions dust.
(b) She puntures her bladder.
(c) She is hit with sharpnel from a wayward bomb.
(d) She has the flu.
4. What does Sassoon have when he meets with Owen?
(a) Very expensive wine.
(b) A gun.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A book.
5. Why does Sassoon do what he did in question 141?
(a) He pleads no contest.
(b) He decides it's the best way to cure his memories.
(c) He is tired of waiting for a decision from the doctors.
(d) He marries the girl.
6. Into where does Prior sneak?
(a) The racetrack.
(b) The officer's club.
(c) Sarah's room.
(d) The munitions factory.
7. What does Sassoon hear that wakes him?
(a) An explosion.
(b) A tapping noise.
(c) Someone whispering.
(d) A scream.
8. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
(a) By saying she does not care why he is at Craiglockhart.
(b) By saying that none of the patients wear their Craiglockhart badges while in town.
(c) By saying that she has a brother at another hospital like Craiglockhart.
(d) By saying that she understands the pressures he is under.
9. What is Owen's poem about?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(b) Achilles and Hector.
(d) Hercules and Antaeus.
10. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
(a) That Sarah is wise.
(b) That Sarah is confused.
(c) That it is an opportunity if she can get him to marry her.
(d) That Sarah is a fool.
11. What does Rivers spend much time doing while at the chicken farm?
(a) Reading fiction.
(b) Cleaning out cages.
(c) Remembering his childhood.
(d) Riding the one horse.
12. What had Sassoon revealed at some time in the past to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That Sassoon is impotent.
(b) That Prior came on to him.
(c) That his parents have disowned him.
(d) That he is either homosexual or has homosexual tendencies.
13. Where do Owen and Sassoon meet?
(a) The forest near Craiglockhart.
(b) The pub in a nearby town.
(c) The Conservative Club.
(d) The basement of Craiglockhart.
14. Where does Henry Head offer a job to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Psychiatric hospital in Offingham.
(b) He has not offered Rivers a job.
(c) Central Hospital at Newarington.
(d) Central Hospital at Hampstead.
15. How does Brock feel about the war and men?
(a) The common man is the only innocent one in the war.
(b) War should be played out by those in power.
(c) The war has uprooted men from Earth.
(d) Some men enjoy war more when there is no good reason for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Dr. Rivers' brother having a chicken farm?
2. Where do Sarah and Madge go?
3. What is mimicked?
4. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
5. From where does Sassoon get his name?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)