|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sassoon say he has decided?
(a) To ask for a discharge.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To return to the front.
(d) To leave the hospital.
2. What is Dr. Rivers doing in Chapter 20?
(a) Meeting with his lover.
(b) Making his last rounds at Craiglockhart.
(c) Writing a letter to his father.
(d) Writing his observations of Sassoon.
3. Why does Prior start feeling hostile towards Sarah?
(a) He thinks she wants him for his social standing.
(b) He sees her as part of people who seek to have fun and pleasure all the time.
(c) He is not hostile to her.
(d) He thinks she just pities him.
4. What does Dr. Rivers think about Bryce?
(a) That Bryce is faking his problem.
(b) He thinks he will be gone in a month.
(c) He thinks he is too mentally ill to work.
(d) That Bryce will recover, but it will take many years.
5. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
(a) By saying that none of the patients wear their Craiglockhart badges while in town.
(b) By saying that she has a brother at another hospital like Craiglockhart.
(c) By saying she does not care why he is at Craiglockhart.
(d) By saying that she understands the pressures he is under.
6. What does Sassoon believe about one of Owen's poems?
(a) Its rhythm is uneven.
(b) It is ready to be published nationally.
(c) It is rather mediocre.
(d) Its subject matter is dull.
7. What is wrong with the women who work in the munitions factories?
(a) They have a slight tremor.
(b) They are losing their eyesight.
(c) They have breathing problems.
(d) They all have a yellow tint to their skin.
8. Where does Henry Head offer a job to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Central Hospital at Newarington.
(b) Psychiatric hospital in Offingham.
(c) He has not offered Rivers a job.
(d) Central Hospital at Hampstead.
9. Who does Prior see and realize he really likes?
10. What does Sassoon hear that wakes him?
(a) An explosion.
(b) A tapping noise.
(c) Someone whispering.
(d) A scream.
11. What sort of problem does Rivers remember he had as a child?
(b) A bad limp from polio.
(d) Crossed eyes.
12. What has happened to Willard?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He is censored.
(c) He can walk.
(d) He is sent home.
13. What classes did Rivers' father used to teach?
(d) Speech therapy.
14. About whom does Prior make a derogatory comment?
15. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
(a) A pigeon and a dove.
(b) Many enemy soldiers.
(c) Many a kestrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
2. What happens to Madge's unborn baby?
3. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
4. How does Sarah's mother say a woman loves a man?
5. What surprises Prior when he sees Sarah in the daylight for the first time?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)