|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rivers see before leaving?
(c) His commanding officer.
(d) His lover.
2. What had Sassoon revealed at some time in the past to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That Prior came on to him.
(b) That his parents have disowned him.
(c) That he is either homosexual or has homosexual tendencies.
(d) That Sassoon is impotent.
3. What does Owen feel when leaving Sassoon?
(d) A great sense of loss.
4. To what does Willard attribute what happens to him?
(a) His cowardice.
(b) A great medical feat by Dr. Rivers.
(c) His distaste for the lunatics at the hospital.
(d) A failure on Dr. Rivers' part.
5. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
(a) Her mother.
6. What does Sassoon read to Owen?
(a) A poem Sassoon writes for Owen.
(b) A letter from Sassoon's father.
(c) A poem in the book.
(d) The book's dedication.
7. Where is Rivers headed?
8. What is wrong with the women who work in the munitions factories?
(a) They have breathing problems.
(b) They are losing their eyesight.
(c) They all have a yellow tint to their skin.
(d) They have a slight tremor.
9. What does Prior think about Sarah?
(a) That he is too good for her.
(b) That she is too good for him.
(c) That she is an attractive woman no matter what.
(d) That she is a temporary fling.
10. What is Dr. Rivers doing in Chapter 20?
(a) Making his last rounds at Craiglockhart.
(b) Meeting with his lover.
(c) Writing his observations of Sassoon.
(d) Writing a letter to his father.
11. What is the purpose of Dr. Rivers' brother having a chicken farm?
(a) To please their parents.
(b) To be out in the fresh air a lot.
(c) To please his wife.
(d) As a social experiment.
12. What does Sassoon do?
(a) Sits for a court martial for insubordination.
(b) Kills himself.
(c) Leaves the hospital.
(d) Gets a girl pregnant.
13. What has happened to Willard?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He can walk.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He is censored.
14. What does Rivers thinks Burns may do in a couple years?
(a) Make a decent recovery.
(b) He has not speculated.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Become completely insane.
15. What surprises Prior when he sees Sarah in the daylight for the first time?
(a) How bad her left hand shakes.
(c) How yellow her skin is.
(d) That she cannot talk in full sentences without being breathless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah's mother say a woman loves a man?
2. What does Sarah ask about at work?
3. What is happening in August at the opening of Chapter 18?
4. Why does Prior start feeling hostile towards Sarah?
5. What does Sarah's mother think Prior wants with Sarah?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)