|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rivers think about Bryce?
(a) He thinks he will be gone in a month.
(b) That Bryce will recover, but it will take many years.
(c) He thinks he is too mentally ill to work.
(d) That Bryce is faking his problem.
2. What does Sassoon believe about one of Owen's poems?
(a) It is rather mediocre.
(b) It is ready to be published nationally.
(c) Its rhythm is uneven.
(d) Its subject matter is dull.
3. How does Sarah's mother say men love?
(a) In the way a fox loves a hare.
(c) In the way the sun loves the moon.
4. What does Dr. Rivers' brother contract in the East?
(c) Yellow Fever.
(d) Dengue Fever.
5. To what does Willard attribute what happens to him?
(a) A failure on Dr. Rivers' part.
(b) His cowardice.
(c) His distaste for the lunatics at the hospital.
(d) A great medical feat by Dr. Rivers.
6. What is Owen's poem about?
(a) Achilles and Hector.
(b) Helen of Troy.
(d) Hercules and Antaeus.
7. What upsets Prior in Chapter 18?
(a) He is granted permanent home service.
(b) He is demoted.
(c) He is told he has to stay in the hospital another six months.
(d) He is sent back to the front.
8. Why does Sassoon do what he did in question 141?
(a) He is tired of waiting for a decision from the doctors.
(b) He marries the girl.
(c) He pleads no contest.
(d) He decides it's the best way to cure his memories.
9. What does Prior think about Sarah?
(a) That he is too good for her.
(b) That she is an attractive woman no matter what.
(c) That she is a temporary fling.
(d) That she is too good for him.
10. What is Dr. Rivers doing in Chapter 20?
(a) Writing a letter to his father.
(b) Meeting with his lover.
(c) Making his last rounds at Craiglockhart.
(d) Writing his observations of Sassoon.
11. How is Dr. Yealland's bedside manner?
(b) Cold and uncaring.
12. What surprises Prior when he sees Sarah in the daylight for the first time?
(b) That she cannot talk in full sentences without being breathless.
(c) How bad her left hand shakes.
(d) How yellow her skin is.
13. What is wrong with the women who work in the munitions factories?
(a) They have a slight tremor.
(b) They all have a yellow tint to their skin.
(c) They are losing their eyesight.
(d) They have breathing problems.
14. What does Madge do at home?
(a) Bakes a cake for Sarah to give Prior, but she has no baking powder.
(b) Seduces an Air Force Captain.
(c) Commits suicide.
(d) Attempts an abortion.
15. Who does Sassoon meet at a bar?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah ask about at work?
2. What does Rivers thinks Burns may do in a couple years?
3. What does Sassoon tell Rivers Sassoon will be doing?
4. Who does Rivers see before leaving?
5. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)