|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Burns go one night during a storm?
(a) An old tower.
(b) A cave in which he played as a child.
(c) His son's tree house.
(d) The cellar.
2. What does Owen feel when leaving Sassoon?
(d) A great sense of loss.
3. How does Brock feel about the war and men?
(a) Some men enjoy war more when there is no good reason for it.
(b) War should be played out by those in power.
(c) The common man is the only innocent one in the war.
(d) The war has uprooted men from Earth.
4. What does Prior not want to happen?
(a) To be returned to the front lines.
(b) To become emotionally involved with Sarah.
(c) Sarah to get pregnant.
(d) Sarah to learn that he comes from a poor family.
5. What does Sarah's mother say happens in a condom factory?
(a) More sex than anywhere else.
(b) Men get revenge on women.
(c) She doesn't mention a condom factory.
(d) One in ten condoms is deliberately compromised.
6. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
(b) Her mother.
7. What does Sassoon have when he meets with Owen?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A gun.
(c) Very expensive wine.
(d) A book.
8. What does Prior think about Sarah?
(a) That he is too good for her.
(b) That she is an attractive woman no matter what.
(c) That she is a temporary fling.
(d) That she is too good for him.
9. What had Sassoon revealed at some time in the past to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That Sassoon is impotent.
(b) That he is either homosexual or has homosexual tendencies.
(c) That Prior came on to him.
(d) That his parents have disowned him.
10. What does Sarah's mother think of Sarah falling in love with Prior?
(a) That Sarah is wise.
(b) That it is an opportunity if she can get him to marry her.
(c) That Sarah is a fool.
(d) That Sarah is confused.
11. What does Prior believe Sarah should do?
(a) Meet his best friend.
(b) Not see him again.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Pay him in some way for fighting for freedom.
12. Who compliments Owen on his poem?
13. Who does Rivers see before leaving?
(c) His commanding officer.
(d) His lover.
14. What has happened to Willard?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He is censored.
(c) He can walk.
(d) He is sent home.
15. Who does Sassoon see in the doorway when he wakes?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sassoon believe about one of Owen's poems?
2. About whom does Prior make a derogatory comment?
3. Where does Dr. Rivers go on leave?
4. How is Dr. Yealland's bedside manner?
5. What does Rivers thinks Burns may do in a couple years?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)