|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a first for Sarah and Prior?
(b) A fight.
(c) A misunderstanding about Prior's intentions.
2. What is Dr. Rivers doing in Chapter 20?
(a) Writing his observations of Sassoon.
(b) Meeting with his lover.
(c) Making his last rounds at Craiglockhart.
(d) Writing a letter to his father.
3. What had Sassoon revealed at some time in the past to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That Sassoon is impotent.
(b) That Prior came on to him.
(c) That he is either homosexual or has homosexual tendencies.
(d) That his parents have disowned him.
4. What happens to Madge's unborn baby?
(a) It survives.
(b) It aborts, probably from the side effects of the munitions powder.
(c) It dies from the shrapnel wound.
(d) It dies from the flu Madge has and they have to do a C section.
5. What does Owen feel when leaving Sassoon?
(a) A great sense of loss.
6. What does Prior believe Sarah should do?
(a) Not see him again.
(b) Meet his best friend.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Pay him in some way for fighting for freedom.
7. To what does Willard attribute what happens to him?
(a) A great medical feat by Dr. Rivers.
(b) His cowardice.
(c) A failure on Dr. Rivers' part.
(d) His distaste for the lunatics at the hospital.
8. What does Sassoon do?
(a) Sits for a court martial for insubordination.
(b) Leaves the hospital.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Gets a girl pregnant.
9. Why is Madge in the hospital?
(a) She is sick from the munitions dust.
(b) She has the flu.
(c) She is hit with sharpnel from a wayward bomb.
(d) She puntures her bladder.
10. What does Prior think about Sarah?
(a) That she is an attractive woman no matter what.
(b) That she is a temporary fling.
(c) That he is too good for her.
(d) That she is too good for him.
11. What classes did Rivers' father used to teach?
(d) Speech therapy.
12. What does Prior not want to happen?
(a) Sarah to learn that he comes from a poor family.
(b) Sarah to get pregnant.
(c) To become emotionally involved with Sarah.
(d) To be returned to the front lines.
13. To whom is Sarah talking to at the opening to Chapter 17?
(d) Her mother.
14. What has happened to Willard?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He is censored.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) He can walk.
15. What is happening in August at the opening of Chapter 18?
(a) Dr. Rivers is reassigned.
(b) An armistice.
(c) Another front has opened up in France.
(d) The medical boards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the women who work in the munitions factories?
2. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
3. What do Owens and Sassoon do?
4. Why is Prior embarrassed?
5. What does Rivers thinks Burns may do in a couple years?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)