|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles Rivers have to kill one of his chickens?
(a) It attacked another chicken.
(b) It keeps cracking the other chickens' eggs.
(c) They need the food.
(d) It is ill.
2. To what does Willard attribute what happens to him?
(a) A failure on Dr. Rivers' part.
(b) A great medical feat by Dr. Rivers.
(c) His cowardice.
(d) His distaste for the lunatics at the hospital.
3. Who compliments Owen on his poem?
4. Who did Siegfried's father "war"?
(a) A pigeon and a dove.
(b) Many a kestrel.
(c) Many enemy soldiers.
5. Of what does Owen say his poem is symbolic?
(a) The prince whose assassination starts the war.
(c) The reasons for the start of the war.
(d) Dr. Brock's view of the patients at Craiglockhart.
6. What is happening in August at the opening of Chapter 18?
(a) Dr. Rivers is reassigned.
(b) The medical boards.
(c) Another front has opened up in France.
(d) An armistice.
7. What does Sassoon believe about one of Owen's poems?
(a) It is rather mediocre.
(b) Its rhythm is uneven.
(c) Its subject matter is dull.
(d) It is ready to be published nationally.
8. What does Prior not want to happen?
(a) To become emotionally involved with Sarah.
(b) Sarah to get pregnant.
(c) To be returned to the front lines.
(d) Sarah to learn that he comes from a poor family.
9. What does Sarah's mother think about the relationship between men and women?
(a) She has no opinion on the matter.
(b) That love cannot exist between men and women.
(c) That men and women are made to learn to love over time.
(d) That it is the strongest bond there is.
10. What sort of problem does Rivers remember he had as a child?
(a) A bad limp from polio.
(d) Crossed eyes.
11. What does Bryce order Dr. Rivers to do?
(a) Reassign Prior to another doctor.
(b) Put in for reassignment.
(c) Take 2 days off.
(d) Take three weeks leave.
12. What does Dr. Rivers think about Bryce?
(a) That Bryce will recover, but it will take many years.
(b) That Bryce is faking his problem.
(c) He thinks he is too mentally ill to work.
(d) He thinks he will be gone in a month.
13. What does Owen feel when leaving Sassoon?
(d) A great sense of loss.
14. How does Sarah reassure Prior?
(a) By saying that none of the patients wear their Craiglockhart badges while in town.
(b) By saying she does not care why he is at Craiglockhart.
(c) By saying that she has a brother at another hospital like Craiglockhart.
(d) By saying that she understands the pressures he is under.
15. What is mimicked?
(a) The eagle.
(c) The dove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Owen's poem about?
2. Why is Prior embarrassed?
3. What upsets Prior in Chapter 18?
4. Where were the "fathers" in the dedication?
5. What does Dr. Rivers' brother contract in the East?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)