|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prior want of Dr. Rivers?
(a) An assignment to a private room.
(b) For Rivers to talk with Prior's father.
(d) To be hypnotized.
2. Where is the person Rivers is interviewing a patient?
3. Who is Dr. Rivers interviewing at the opening to Chapter 4?
(d) No one.
4. How does Dr. Rivers feel about the declaration from Sassoon?
(a) It is delusional.
(b) It is illegal.
(c) It is misguided.
(d) It is illogical.
5. How does Prior respond to Rivers' offer to hypnotize him?
(a) He is quite anxious to have it done.
(b) He is reluctant but agrees.
(c) He says no way.
(d) He says he agrees but only if Rivers does not reveal anything to anyone else.
6. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
(a) He does not return.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
7. Who does Prior insult in a drunken state?
(c) The hospital matron.
(d) His father.
8. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
(a) He yells at the nurse in the hallway.
(b) He plays his trumpet down the halls.
(c) He has a nightmare.
(d) He bangs on patients' doors.
9. What does the letter Dr. Rivers is reading say?
(a) His sister is sick.
(b) He is receiving another patient.
(c) He is being moved to a the hospital.
(d) The writer will no longer fight in the war.
10. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
(a) A hole through the top of his skull.
(b) A wound that emasculates him.
(c) A missing nose.
(d) A missing eyeball.
11. How is Prior affecting his roommate?
(a) He is causing the roommate to start believing in ghosts.
(b) Prior's nightmares are keeping the roommate awake.
(c) He is scaring the roommate.
(d) He is making the roommate laugh.
12. What book has Prior been reading?
(a) A comic book.
(b) A book on hypochondria.
(c) Dr. Rivers' book on hypnosis.
(d) A book about the paranormal.
13. What do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk about when Sassoon returns from swimming?
(b) Going home.
(d) His father and Lloyd George.
14. What do most of the people believe who read Sassoon's Declaration?
(a) That it is written by someone besides Sassoon.
(b) That it is treasonous.
(c) That it has some good arguments.
(d) That it is the ravings of a man in the throes of a breakdown.
15. Who does Dr. Rivers see after supper?
(a) No one; Rivers is off duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sassoon do when he arrives at the steps into the hospital?
2. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
3. Who is Henry Head?
4. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
5. Why does Graves miss the train?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)