|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses Sarah Lumb?
(a) Why men from the hospital receive leave to bother the local girls.
(b) She is not confused, just angry.
(c) Why Lizzie is interested in the same man that Sarah is.
(d) Why Prior never returns to see her when they agreed to meet again.
2. What does Head to to Rivers in Dr. Rivers' dream?
(a) Turns him into a vampire.
(c) Shows him what is wrong with each man at the hospital.
(d) Pokes him in the arm with a needle.
3. What is Anderson's problem?
(a) He murdered his mother.
(b) He hears voices.
(c) He cannot stand the sight of blood.
(d) He can move things with his mind that he doesn not want to do.
4. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
(a) A gentleman's club.
(c) The pool hall.
(d) The polo field.
5. What does Sassoon do when he arrives at the steps into the hospital?
(a) Stumble over the steps.
(b) Pause for a moment.
(c) Sit down on the top step.
(d) Run up the steps immediately.
6. What happens to Prior at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) He dies.
(b) He regains his ability to speak.
(c) He attacks a nurse.
(d) He tries to kill himself.
7. What does the letter Dr. Rivers is reading say?
(a) He is receiving another patient.
(b) He is being moved to a the hospital.
(c) His sister is sick.
(d) The writer will no longer fight in the war.
8. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
(a) A missing nose.
(b) A missing eyeball.
(c) A wound that emasculates him.
(d) A hole through the top of his skull.
9. Who is Dr. Rivers interviewing at the opening to Chapter 4?
(d) No one.
10. What has been keeping the entire floor at the hospital awake at night?
(a) The soldiers drilling on the commons.
(b) Anderson's nightmares.
(c) Ghosts of soldiers screaming.
(d) Inexplicable cawing noises.
11. Who wrote the letter Dr. Rivers is reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(c) Robert Graves.
12. What mental state is more common for enlisted men than officers?
(b) Suicidal tendencies.
13. Where is the person Rivers is interviewing a patient?
14. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
(a) His unit patch.
(b) His rank designator.
(c) A medal for valor.
(d) A button.
15. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
(a) Hitting him with a cricket bat.
(b) Causing pain to Henry's head.
(c) Drowning him.
(d) Stabbing him with a butcher knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prior want of Dr. Rivers?
2. Who is giving Dr. Rivers difficulty?
3. What does Rivers think about as he prepares to sleep the night of Prior's hypnotism?
4. What does Sassoon think about on the train?
5. Who is Wilfred Owen?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)