|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should request reassignment.
(b) That he should take more relaxation time.
(c) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
(d) That he should resign.
2. Who plays golf together?
(a) Anderson and Sassoon.
(b) Anderson and Prior.
(c) Rivers and Prior.
(d) Sassoon and Owen.
3. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
(a) Parkinson's disease.
(c) No particular diganosis.
4. Who was worried about Burns while he was gone?
(a) His commanding officer.
(b) The nurses.
(c) His psychiatrist.
5. How is Prior affecting his roommate?
(a) He is scaring the roommate.
(b) Prior's nightmares are keeping the roommate awake.
(c) He is causing the roommate to start believing in ghosts.
(d) He is making the roommate laugh.
6. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
(a) Stabbing him with a butcher knife.
(b) Hitting him with a cricket bat.
(c) Drowning him.
(d) Causing pain to Henry's head.
7. Where is Prior when he first goes under hypnotism?
(a) In a dugout awaiting orders.
(b) Playing cards with two other officers.
(c) Making battle plans with two other officers.
(d) In the latrine.
8. What does Sassoon think about on the train?
(a) Going to the front next month.
(b) His mother's funeral.
(c) His brother's death.
(d) His last conversation with Graves.
9. What do most of the people believe who read Sassoon's Declaration?
(a) That it is written by someone besides Sassoon.
(b) That it has some good arguments.
(c) That it is treasonous.
(d) That it is the ravings of a man in the throes of a breakdown.
10. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
(a) Because Broadbent's family has a great deal of influence.
(b) So Rivers does not have to deal with the man.
(c) Because Broadbent is so deranged.
(d) Because Craiglockhart is full.
11. What does Rivers think about as he prepares to sleep the night of Prior's hypnotism?
(a) His brother who is killed the year before.
(b) His sister who is killed driving an ambulance.
(c) Rivers needs a vacation.
(d) Prior's confession.
12. What do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk about when Sassoon returns from swimming?
(a) His father and Lloyd George.
(b) Going home.
13. What does Prior find when he returns to the fire bay after a shell hits it?
(a) There is nothing there.
(b) Bits and pieces of six men which he can't sort out.
(c) The ruined remains of two soldiers who were making tea.
(d) A conflagration.
14. What causes Anderson to almost beat his golfing partner?
(a) The partner beats Anderson at the 17th hole.
(b) The partner insults Anderson's mother.
(c) The partner insults Anderson's commanding officer.
(d) The partner cheats by moving Anderson's ball.
15. What mental state is more common for enlisted men than officers?
(c) Suicidal tendencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prior want of Dr. Rivers?
2. What book has Prior been reading?
3. What does Rivers say when Sassoon asks if he is crazy?
4. How does Sassoon react to Dr. Rivers' taunts?
5. Who is delusional?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)