|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Prior when he first goes under hypnotism?
(a) Making battle plans with two other officers.
(b) In the latrine.
(c) In a dugout awaiting orders.
(d) Playing cards with two other officers.
2. What is Anderson's problem?
(a) He hears voices.
(b) He murdered his mother.
(c) He can move things with his mind that he doesn not want to do.
(d) He cannot stand the sight of blood.
3. What does Broadbent believe?
(a) That Dr. Rivers wants to send him back to die.
(b) That he is a British captain.
(c) That Dr. Rivers can cure him.
(d) That the Germans have invaded England.
4. Where does Burns sit naked?
(a) In a circle made by the dead animals.
(b) On top of the altar.
(c) In a circle made by the vampires.
(d) In a trench full of dead men.
5. What did Sassoon do with the answer to question #8?
(a) Gave it to his girlfriend.
(b) Threw it at a German soldier.
(c) Left it on his dresser at home.
(d) Threw it in the river.
6. What does Sassoon do when he arrives at the steps into the hospital?
(a) Run up the steps immediately.
(b) Stumble over the steps.
(c) Pause for a moment.
(d) Sit down on the top step.
7. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should resign.
(b) That he should request reassignment.
(c) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
(d) That he should take more relaxation time.
8. To whom does Rivers assign Broadbent?
(a) The hospital in London.
(d) The hospital at Cornwall.
9. Who is Broadbent?
(a) The new hospital administrator.
(b) A new doctor at the hospital.
(c) A new nurse.
(d) A new patient at the hospital.
10. What does Prior find when he returns to the fire bay after a shell hits it?
(a) Bits and pieces of six men which he can't sort out.
(b) The ruined remains of two soldiers who were making tea.
(c) There is nothing there.
(d) A conflagration.
11. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
(a) A missing eyeball.
(b) A hole through the top of his skull.
(c) A missing nose.
(d) A wound that emasculates him.
12. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
(a) That he doesn't drinnk alcohol.
(b) That he wants to return to the fighting.
(c) What he did with the answer to question #8.
(d) That he is not married.
13. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
(a) Prior has asthma.
(b) The doctor is afraid for Prior to have matches in his state of mind.
(c) It sets a bad example for the enlisted men.
(d) It smells bad.
14. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
(a) The pool hall.
(c) A gentleman's club.
(d) The polo field.
15. What does Head to to Rivers in Dr. Rivers' dream?
(a) Turns him into a vampire.
(b) Pokes him in the arm with a needle.
(c) Shows him what is wrong with each man at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
2. Who was worried about Burns while he was gone?
3. What does Prior not remember?
4. What do the poems Graves leaves with Rivers talk about?
5. What mental state is more common for enlisted men than officers?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)