|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter Dr. Rivers is reading say?
(a) The writer will no longer fight in the war.
(b) His sister is sick.
(c) He is being moved to a the hospital.
(d) He is receiving another patient.
2. Where does Burns go?
(a) To a forest.
(b) Back to the front lines.
(c) To a cemetery.
(d) To a church.
3. What do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk about when Sassoon returns from swimming?
(a) Going home.
(c) His father and Lloyd George.
4. Who plays golf together?
(a) Anderson and Prior.
(b) Anderson and Sassoon.
(c) Rivers and Prior.
(d) Sassoon and Owen.
5. What does Broadbent believe?
(a) That Dr. Rivers can cure him.
(b) That Dr. Rivers wants to send him back to die.
(c) That the Germans have invaded England.
(d) That he is a British captain.
6. What confuses Sarah Lumb?
(a) Why men from the hospital receive leave to bother the local girls.
(b) Why Prior never returns to see her when they agreed to meet again.
(c) She is not confused, just angry.
(d) Why Lizzie is interested in the same man that Sarah is.
7. What does Burns see where he is?
(a) Dead animals hanging from a large tree.
(b) His best friend being shot.
(c) An angel standing in front of the altar.
(d) Vampires rising out of the graves.
8. What does Prior not remember?
(a) Where he lives.
(b) That he is in the military.
(c) The terrible thing that happened to him in the war.
(d) His name.
9. Why does Prior apologize to Rivers?
(a) For insulting two nurses.
(b) For telling Rivers he is incompetent.
(c) He refuses to apologize.
(d) For his behavior when he was drunk.
10. What does Prior ask of Dr. Rivers again?
(a) For release to go back to the front.
(b) For a discharge.
(c) For hypnosis.
(d) For a pass to go home for a few days.
11. Who was worried about Burns while he was gone?
(a) The nurses.
(c) His commanding officer.
(d) His psychiatrist.
12. What does Rivers tell Bryce about Sassoon?
(a) He is probably crazy.
(b) He didn't care for his arrogance.
(c) He is just a coward.
(d) He was impressed by him and likes him.
13. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) He does not return.
(d) 6 p.m.
14. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
(a) A medal for valor.
(b) A button.
(c) His unit patch.
(d) His rank designator.
15. Who does Broadbent want to visit?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His own doctor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sweetheart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Broadbent?
2. About what is Sassoon disappointed?
3. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
4. Who does Broadbent say is ill?
5. About what does Dr. Rivers taunt Sassoon?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)