|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Prior affecting his roommate?
(a) He is making the roommate laugh.
(b) Prior's nightmares are keeping the roommate awake.
(c) He is scaring the roommate.
(d) He is causing the roommate to start believing in ghosts.
2. Who does Prior insult in a drunken state?
(a) The hospital matron.
(b) His father.
3. Where does Burns go?
(a) To a forest.
(b) To a church.
(c) To a cemetery.
(d) Back to the front lines.
4. Where is Prior when he first goes under hypnotism?
(a) In the latrine.
(b) Making battle plans with two other officers.
(c) In a dugout awaiting orders.
(d) Playing cards with two other officers.
5. What book has Prior been reading?
(a) A book about the paranormal.
(b) A comic book.
(c) Dr. Rivers' book on hypnosis.
(d) A book on hypochondria.
6. What was Anderson's former occupation?
(a) Ship captain.
(b) Ship's loblolly boy.
(c) War surgeon.
(d) Aide de camp.
7. About what is Sassoon disappointed?
(a) That he cannot get back into the war.
(b) That he is to be discharged.
(c) That his Declaration is taken too seriously.
(d) That his Declaration is dismissed.
8. What does Rivers tell Bryce about Sassoon?
(a) He is just a coward.
(b) He was impressed by him and likes him.
(c) He didn't care for his arrogance.
(d) He is probably crazy.
9. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should request reassignment.
(b) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
(c) That he should take more relaxation time.
(d) That he should resign.
10. What does Sassoon think about on the train?
(a) His mother's funeral.
(b) His last conversation with Graves.
(c) Going to the front next month.
(d) His brother's death.
11. Who is Second-lieutenant Prior?
(a) An officer who is charged with dereliction of duty.
(b) The dead brother of one of Craiglockhart's patients.
(c) The new commanding officer of Company D.
(d) A character introduced in Chapter 5.
12. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
(a) He yells at the nurse in the hallway.
(b) He has a nightmare.
(c) He bangs on patients' doors.
(d) He plays his trumpet down the halls.
13. What does Williard believe about himself?
(a) He is paralyzed from the waist down.
(b) He is the King of England.
(c) He is a General of the Army.
(d) The war is over.
14. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
(a) Because Broadbent's family has a great deal of influence.
(b) Because Craiglockhart is full.
(c) So Rivers does not have to deal with the man.
(d) Because Broadbent is so deranged.
15. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
(a) A hole through the top of his skull.
(b) A missing eyeball.
(c) A wound that emasculates him.
(d) A missing nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Rivers feel about the declaration from Sassoon?
2. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
3. Who is delusional?
4. Who was worried about Burns while he was gone?
5. What does Dr. Rivers believe should be used as a last resort?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)