|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should resign.
(b) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
(c) That he should take more relaxation time.
(d) That he should request reassignment.
2. Where does Prior go?
(a) Sick bay.
(b) Back to the front.
(d) To the forest.
3. About what do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk that is sad?
(a) Gordon's death.
(b) Nothing; they are trying to have a good time.
(c) The war dragging on another winter.
(d) Prior's revelations under hypnosis.
4. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
(a) That he is not married.
(b) What he did with the answer to question #8.
(c) That he doesn't drinnk alcohol.
(d) That he wants to return to the fighting.
5. Into what does Dr. Rivers get some insight?
(a) Prior's earlier life.
(b) The way hypnotism can be inaccurate.
(c) Burns' earlier life.
(d) The way the mind can fool itself.
6. What do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk about when Sassoon returns from swimming?
(a) Going home.
(b) His father and Lloyd George.
7. Who does Prior insult in a drunken state?
(a) The hospital matron.
(d) His father.
8. Why is Prior worried?
(a) He does not want to be reassigned.
(b) He is afraid of Dr. Rivers controlling his mind.
(c) He is afraid of having a heart attack.
(d) He is afraid of Burns.
9. How does Prior appear at the opening of Chapter 8?
(a) Worn thin.
(c) Healthy and alert.
10. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
(a) Parkinson's disease.
(d) No particular diganosis.
11. What mental state is more common for enlisted men than officers?
(d) Suicidal tendencies.
12. How is Prior affecting his roommate?
(a) Prior's nightmares are keeping the roommate awake.
(b) He is causing the roommate to start believing in ghosts.
(c) He is making the roommate laugh.
(d) He is scaring the roommate.
13. What does Prior not remember?
(a) The terrible thing that happened to him in the war.
(b) His name.
(c) That he is in the military.
(d) Where he lives.
14. To whom does Rivers assign Broadbent?
(a) The hospital in London.
(b) The hospital at Cornwall.
15. What does Broadbent believe?
(a) That the Germans have invaded England.
(b) That Dr. Rivers can cure him.
(c) That he is a British captain.
(d) That Dr. Rivers wants to send him back to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Burns sit naked?
2. How does Dr. Rivers feel about the declaration from Sassoon?
3. What does Burns see where he is?
4. What do most of the people believe who read Sassoon's Declaration?
5. How does Sassoon feel towards civilians?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)