|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Sassoon disappointed?
(a) That he cannot get back into the war.
(b) That he is to be discharged.
(c) That his Declaration is dismissed.
(d) That his Declaration is taken too seriously.
2. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
(a) That he is not married.
(b) What he did with the answer to question #8.
(c) That he doesn't drinnk alcohol.
(d) That he wants to return to the fighting.
3. What happens to Prior at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) He attacks a nurse.
(b) He regains his ability to speak.
(c) He dies.
(d) He tries to kill himself.
4. Why does Graves miss the train?
(a) He was transferred.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He decided not to come.
(d) He is late.
5. For what does Sassoon feel horror?
(a) The slaughter on the fields.
(b) The mustard gas.
(c) Being a coward.
(d) Having to sleep inside.
6. What does Graves tell Dr. Rivers about Sassoon's board decision?
(a) He didn't know the board would send Sassoon there.
(b) He had no connection to the board.
(c) He wanted Sassoon to be court-martialed.
(d) He lied to Sassoon about it.
7. What causes Anderson to almost beat his golfing partner?
(a) The partner insults Anderson's commanding officer.
(b) The partner beats Anderson at the 17th hole.
(c) The partner insults Anderson's mother.
(d) The partner cheats by moving Anderson's ball.
8. How does Sassoon feel towards civilians?
(a) He likes them.
(b) He envies them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He is indifferent to them.
9. What do most of the people believe who read Sassoon's Declaration?
(a) That it is treasonous.
(b) That it has some good arguments.
(c) That it is the ravings of a man in the throes of a breakdown.
(d) That it is written by someone besides Sassoon.
10. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
(a) Because Craiglockhart is full.
(b) Because Broadbent's family has a great deal of influence.
(c) Because Broadbent is so deranged.
(d) So Rivers does not have to deal with the man.
11. Who is Henry Head?
(a) The custodian at the hospital.
(b) The dean at the medical school from which Rivers graduates.
(c) Rivers's father's best friend.
(d) An old friend of Dr. Rivers'.
12. Who is giving Dr. Rivers difficulty?
13. Where is Prior when he first goes under hypnotism?
(a) In a dugout awaiting orders.
(b) In the latrine.
(c) Making battle plans with two other officers.
(d) Playing cards with two other officers.
14. How does Prior appear at the opening of Chapter 8?
(a) Worn thin.
(c) Healthy and alert.
15. What do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk about when Sassoon returns from swimming?
(b) His father and Lloyd George.
(c) Going home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anderson's problem?
2. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
3. Where does Burns go?
4. What do the poems Graves leaves with Rivers talk about?
5. Who does Broadbent want to visit?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)