|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prior apologize to Rivers?
(a) For telling Rivers he is incompetent.
(b) He refuses to apologize.
(c) For his behavior when he was drunk.
(d) For insulting two nurses.
2. Where is the person Rivers is interviewing a patient?
3. Who is having an asthma attack?
4. What does Williard believe about himself?
(a) He is the King of England.
(b) The war is over.
(c) He is paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) He is a General of the Army.
5. How does Dr. Rivers feel about the declaration from Sassoon?
(a) It is delusional.
(b) It is illogical.
(c) It is misguided.
(d) It is illegal.
6. Into what does Dr. Rivers get some insight?
(a) The way the mind can fool itself.
(b) Prior's earlier life.
(c) The way hypnotism can be inaccurate.
(d) Burns' earlier life.
7. How long is Prior confined to the hospital?
(a) 3 days.
(b) A month.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) A fortnight.
8. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
(a) That he doesn't drinnk alcohol.
(b) What he did with the answer to question #8.
(c) That he wants to return to the fighting.
(d) That he is not married.
9. Who comes to visit at the hospital?
(a) Dr. River's parents.
(b) Sassoon's father.
(c) Burns's mother.
(d) Prior's parents.
10. Where does Prior go?
(a) Back to the front.
(c) Sick bay.
(d) To the forest.
11. Where does Burns sit naked?
(a) In a circle made by the dead animals.
(b) On top of the altar.
(c) In a circle made by the vampires.
(d) In a trench full of dead men.
12. What confuses Sarah Lumb?
(a) Why Prior never returns to see her when they agreed to meet again.
(b) Why Lizzie is interested in the same man that Sarah is.
(c) She is not confused, just angry.
(d) Why men from the hospital receive leave to bother the local girls.
13. About what do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk that is sad?
(a) Nothing; they are trying to have a good time.
(b) The war dragging on another winter.
(c) Gordon's death.
(d) Prior's revelations under hypnosis.
14. Why does Graves miss the train?
(a) He is late.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He decided not to come.
(d) He was transferred.
15. What causes Anderson to almost beat his golfing partner?
(a) The partner insults Anderson's mother.
(b) The partner insults Anderson's commanding officer.
(c) The partner cheats by moving Anderson's ball.
(d) The partner beats Anderson at the 17th hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sassoon do occasionally when answering Rivers' questions?
2. Who was worried about Burns while he was gone?
3. What is Anderson's problem?
4. What do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk about when Sassoon returns from swimming?
5. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)