|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Sassoon disappointed?
(a) That he cannot get back into the war.
(b) That his Declaration is taken too seriously.
(c) That he is to be discharged.
(d) That his Declaration is dismissed.
2. Why did Sassoon want a court-martial?
(a) To prove he is innocent.
(b) So he could get out of the army.
(c) To get his story out to the public.
(d) So they would hang him.
3. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should resign.
(b) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
(c) That he should request reassignment.
(d) That he should take more relaxation time.
4. What does Prior not remember?
(a) His name.
(b) Where he lives.
(c) That he is in the military.
(d) The terrible thing that happened to him in the war.
5. Who wrote the letter Dr. Rivers is reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(b) Robert Graves.
6. What does Prior want of Dr. Rivers?
(a) For Rivers to talk with Prior's father.
(c) To be hypnotized.
(d) An assignment to a private room.
7. How long is Prior confined to the hospital?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A month.
(d) 3 days.
8. What do the poems Graves leaves with Rivers talk about?
(a) The way the army uses young kids.
(b) How to keep a woman loving you.
(c) Sassoon's feelings on the war.
(d) The look of spring in France.
9. What does Campbell think about Sassoon?
(a) He doesn't eat enough food.
(b) He is getting special treatment.
(c) He is too messy.
(d) He might be a German spy.
10. Where is Prior when he first goes under hypnotism?
(a) In the latrine.
(b) Making battle plans with two other officers.
(c) Playing cards with two other officers.
(d) In a dugout awaiting orders.
11. What was Anderson's former occupation?
(a) Aide de camp.
(b) Ship captain.
(c) War surgeon.
(d) Ship's loblolly boy.
12. What causes Anderson to almost beat his golfing partner?
(a) The partner beats Anderson at the 17th hole.
(b) The partner cheats by moving Anderson's ball.
(c) The partner insults Anderson's commanding officer.
(d) The partner insults Anderson's mother.
13. Who comes to visit at the hospital?
(a) Dr. River's parents.
(b) Prior's parents.
(c) Burns's mother.
(d) Sassoon's father.
14. Into what does Dr. Rivers get some insight?
(a) The way hypnotism can be inaccurate.
(b) The way the mind can fool itself.
(c) Burns' earlier life.
(d) Prior's earlier life.
15. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
(a) So Rivers does not have to deal with the man.
(b) Because Craiglockhart is full.
(c) Because Broadbent's family has a great deal of influence.
(d) Because Broadbent is so deranged.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
2. What book has Prior been reading?
3. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
4. How does Dr. Rivers feel about the declaration from Sassoon?
5. What does Prior find when he returns to the fire bay after a shell hits it?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)