|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
(b) Parkinson's disease.
(c) No particular diganosis.
2. For what does Sassoon feel horror?
(a) The mustard gas.
(b) Having to sleep inside.
(c) Being a coward.
(d) The slaughter on the fields.
3. How is Prior affecting his roommate?
(a) He is scaring the roommate.
(b) Prior's nightmares are keeping the roommate awake.
(c) He is causing the roommate to start believing in ghosts.
(d) He is making the roommate laugh.
4. What is Dr. Rivers' response to Prior's request?
(a) He says Prior is not eligible for a discharge.
(b) He calls Prior's father.
(c) He refuses it.
(d) He says the private rooms are only for the violent patients.
5. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should resign.
(b) That he should take more relaxation time.
(c) That he should request reassignment.
(d) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
6. What does Rivers think about as he prepares to sleep the night of Prior's hypnotism?
(a) His brother who is killed the year before.
(b) His sister who is killed driving an ambulance.
(c) Rivers needs a vacation.
(d) Prior's confession.
7. Who is delusional?
8. What confuses Sarah Lumb?
(a) Why Lizzie is interested in the same man that Sarah is.
(b) Why men from the hospital receive leave to bother the local girls.
(c) Why Prior never returns to see her when they agreed to meet again.
(d) She is not confused, just angry.
9. What has been keeping the entire floor at the hospital awake at night?
(a) Inexplicable cawing noises.
(b) Anderson's nightmares.
(c) The soldiers drilling on the commons.
(d) Ghosts of soldiers screaming.
10. What does Sassoon do occasionally when answering Rivers' questions?
(a) Closes his eyes.
(b) Becomes hostile.
(c) Spits on the floor.
(d) Falls asleep.
11. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
(a) A button.
(b) His unit patch.
(c) His rank designator.
(d) A medal for valor.
12. Who plays golf together?
(a) Anderson and Prior.
(b) Sassoon and Owen.
(c) Rivers and Prior.
(d) Anderson and Sassoon.
13. What does Campbell think about Sassoon?
(a) He doesn't eat enough food.
(b) He is too messy.
(c) He might be a German spy.
(d) He is getting special treatment.
14. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
(a) So Rivers does not have to deal with the man.
(b) Because Broadbent is so deranged.
(c) Because Craiglockhart is full.
(d) Because Broadbent's family has a great deal of influence.
15. Why did Sassoon want a court-martial?
(a) To get his story out to the public.
(b) So they would hang him.
(c) So he could get out of the army.
(d) To prove he is innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
2. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
3. Who does Broadbent want to visit?
4. What does Head to to Rivers in Dr. Rivers' dream?
5. Where is Prior when he first goes under hypnotism?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)