|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rivers tell Bryce about Sassoon?
(a) He is probably crazy.
(b) He didn't care for his arrogance.
(c) He was impressed by him and likes him.
(d) He is just a coward.
2. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
(a) A missing nose.
(b) A missing eyeball.
(c) A hole through the top of his skull.
(d) A wound that emasculates him.
3. Who is Wilfred Owen?
(a) A soldier who loses his arm and leg in combat.
(b) A poet and fan of Sassoon.
(c) A new doctor.
(d) One of Sassoon's enlisted men.
4. What does Prior not remember?
(a) His name.
(b) Where he lives.
(c) That he is in the military.
(d) The terrible thing that happened to him in the war.
5. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should resign.
(b) That he should take more relaxation time.
(c) That he should request reassignment.
(d) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
6. What can Prior not do?
7. Who does Prior meet at a pub?
(a) Sassoon and a nurse.
(b) A woman who knows Prior's sister.
(c) A woman who works in munitions.
(d) Anderson and a nurse.
8. How long is Prior confined to the hospital?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A month.
(d) 3 days.
9. What does Rivers think about as he prepares to sleep the night of Prior's hypnotism?
(a) Rivers needs a vacation.
(b) His brother who is killed the year before.
(c) His sister who is killed driving an ambulance.
(d) Prior's confession.
10. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
(a) What he did with the answer to question #8.
(b) That he doesn't drinnk alcohol.
(c) That he is not married.
(d) That he wants to return to the fighting.
11. What mental state is more common for enlisted men than officers?
(c) Suicidal tendencies.
12. Who plays golf together?
(a) Anderson and Sassoon.
(b) Rivers and Prior.
(c) Sassoon and Owen.
(d) Anderson and Prior.
13. What has been keeping the entire floor at the hospital awake at night?
(a) The soldiers drilling on the commons.
(b) Ghosts of soldiers screaming.
(c) Inexplicable cawing noises.
(d) Anderson's nightmares.
14. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
(a) He falls asleep and his face falls in his food.
(b) Nothing happens.
(c) He is attacked by another patient.
(d) He gets sick.
15. Who is having an asthma attack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sassoon do when he arrives at the steps into the hospital?
2. What happens to Sassoon instead of a court-martial?
3. What does the letter Dr. Rivers is reading say?
4. What does Sassoon notice about the taxi driver?
5. About what do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk that is sad?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)