|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Prior insult in a drunken state?
(a) The hospital matron.
(c) His father.
2. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
(a) He falls asleep and his face falls in his food.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) Nothing happens.
(d) He is attacked by another patient.
3. What confuses Sarah Lumb?
(a) Why men from the hospital receive leave to bother the local girls.
(b) She is not confused, just angry.
(c) Why Lizzie is interested in the same man that Sarah is.
(d) Why Prior never returns to see her when they agreed to meet again.
4. About what do the two men talk?
(a) War scars.
(b) Their family history.
(c) Their financial standing.
(d) Their romantic encounters.
5. What does Williard believe about himself?
(a) The war is over.
(b) He is paralyzed from the waist down.
(c) He is a General of the Army.
(d) He is the King of England.
6. Who comes to visit at the hospital?
(a) Prior's parents.
(b) Sassoon's father.
(c) Dr. River's parents.
(d) Burns's mother.
7. Who is Henry Head?
(a) The custodian at the hospital.
(b) The dean at the medical school from which Rivers graduates.
(c) An old friend of Dr. Rivers'.
(d) Rivers's father's best friend.
8. Why did Sassoon want a court-martial?
(a) To get his story out to the public.
(b) So he could get out of the army.
(c) To prove he is innocent.
(d) So they would hang him.
9. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
(a) He does not return.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
10. What was Anderson's former occupation?
(a) Aide de camp.
(b) War surgeon.
(c) Ship captain.
(d) Ship's loblolly boy.
11. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
(a) A button.
(b) A medal for valor.
(c) His rank designator.
(d) His unit patch.
12. What happens to Sassoon instead of a court-martial?
(a) He is put on leave.
(b) He is going to the war office.
(c) He is discharged from the service.
(d) He is declared insane.
13. How is Prior affecting his roommate?
(a) He is making the roommate laugh.
(b) He is scaring the roommate.
(c) He is causing the roommate to start believing in ghosts.
(d) Prior's nightmares are keeping the roommate awake.
14. What does the letter Dr. Rivers is reading say?
(a) The writer will no longer fight in the war.
(b) He is being moved to a the hospital.
(c) His sister is sick.
(d) He is receiving another patient.
15. What does Rivers think Sassoon might be experiencing?
(a) Too much fear.
(b) Some distress.
(c) A mid-life crisis.
(d) A religious conversion.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Sassoon feel horror?
2. What does Sassoon do occasionally when answering Rivers' questions?
3. What book has Prior been reading?
4. What happens to Prior at the opening to Chapter 6?
5. What can Prior not do?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)