|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Burns go?
(a) Back to the front lines.
(b) To a church.
(c) To a cemetery.
(d) To a forest.
2. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
(a) It sets a bad example for the enlisted men.
(b) Prior has asthma.
(c) It smells bad.
(d) The doctor is afraid for Prior to have matches in his state of mind.
3. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
(a) Because Broadbent is so deranged.
(b) So Rivers does not have to deal with the man.
(c) Because Broadbent's family has a great deal of influence.
(d) Because Craiglockhart is full.
4. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
(a) He has a nightmare.
(b) He plays his trumpet down the halls.
(c) He yells at the nurse in the hallway.
(d) He bangs on patients' doors.
5. What do most of the people believe who read Sassoon's Declaration?
(a) That it is the ravings of a man in the throes of a breakdown.
(b) That it is treasonous.
(c) That it has some good arguments.
(d) That it is written by someone besides Sassoon.
6. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
(a) No particular diganosis.
(b) Parkinson's disease.
7. Who plays golf together?
(a) Rivers and Prior.
(b) Sassoon and Owen.
(c) Anderson and Sassoon.
(d) Anderson and Prior.
8. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Yelling at the nurse.
(b) Banging on other men's doors.
(c) Playing the trumpet after quiet hours.
(d) Having a nightmare.
9. What book has Prior been reading?
(a) A comic book.
(b) A book about the paranormal.
(c) Dr. Rivers' book on hypnosis.
(d) A book on hypochondria.
10. What does Sassoon do when he arrives at the steps into the hospital?
(a) Run up the steps immediately.
(b) Sit down on the top step.
(c) Stumble over the steps.
(d) Pause for a moment.
11. Who is Henry Head?
(a) Rivers's father's best friend.
(b) The custodian at the hospital.
(c) An old friend of Dr. Rivers'.
(d) The dean at the medical school from which Rivers graduates.
12. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
(a) He gets sick.
(b) He falls asleep and his face falls in his food.
(c) Nothing happens.
(d) He is attacked by another patient.
13. Who does Prior insult in a drunken state?
(a) The hospital matron.
(c) His father.
14. To whom does Rivers assign Broadbent?
(c) The hospital in London.
(d) The hospital at Cornwall.
15. How does Prior appear at the opening of Chapter 8?
(c) Worn thin.
(d) Healthy and alert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Graves tell Dr. Rivers about Sassoon's board decision?
2. Who wrote the letter Dr. Rivers is reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Into what does Dr. Rivers get some insight?
4. About what do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk that is sad?
5. Why is Prior worried?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)