|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Campbell think about Sassoon?
(a) He is getting special treatment.
(b) He is too messy.
(c) He doesn't eat enough food.
(d) He might be a German spy.
2. What do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk about when Sassoon returns from swimming?
(a) Going home.
(c) His father and Lloyd George.
3. Who wrote the letter Dr. Rivers is reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(c) Robert Graves.
4. Who comes to visit at the hospital?
(a) Dr. River's parents.
(b) Prior's parents.
(c) Sassoon's father.
(d) Burns's mother.
5. Where does Burns sit naked?
(a) On top of the altar.
(b) In a circle made by the vampires.
(c) In a circle made by the dead animals.
(d) In a trench full of dead men.
6. Who is Henry Head?
(a) An old friend of Dr. Rivers'.
(b) The custodian at the hospital.
(c) The dean at the medical school from which Rivers graduates.
(d) Rivers's father's best friend.
7. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should request reassignment.
(b) That he should take more relaxation time.
(c) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
(d) That he should resign.
8. What does Prior ask of Dr. Rivers again?
(a) For release to go back to the front.
(b) For a pass to go home for a few days.
(c) For hypnosis.
(d) For a discharge.
9. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
(b) The polo field.
(c) A gentleman's club.
(d) The pool hall.
10. What does Sassoon notice about the taxi driver?
(a) He is staring at him in the mirror.
(b) He is wearing a uniform.
(c) It is a woman.
(d) He looks sick.
11. What does Prior find when he returns to the fire bay after a shell hits it?
(a) Bits and pieces of six men which he can't sort out.
(b) The ruined remains of two soldiers who were making tea.
(c) There is nothing there.
(d) A conflagration.
12. What happens to Prior at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) He regains his ability to speak.
(b) He attacks a nurse.
(c) He tries to kill himself.
(d) He dies.
13. Who does Broadbent want to visit?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His sweetheart.
(c) His own doctor.
(d) His mother.
14. What does Sassoon do occasionally when answering Rivers' questions?
(a) Becomes hostile.
(b) Spits on the floor.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Closes his eyes.
15. What has been keeping the entire floor at the hospital awake at night?
(a) The soldiers drilling on the commons.
(b) Anderson's nightmares.
(c) Inexplicable cawing noises.
(d) Ghosts of soldiers screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
2. Who is having an asthma attack?
3. Who was worried about Burns while he was gone?
4. How does Prior respond to Rivers' offer to hypnotize him?
5. How does Prior appear at the opening of Chapter 8?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)