|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Prior at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) He tries to kill himself.
(b) He attacks a nurse.
(c) He regains his ability to speak.
(d) He dies.
2. Who does Prior meet at a pub?
(a) Sassoon and a nurse.
(b) Anderson and a nurse.
(c) A woman who works in munitions.
(d) A woman who knows Prior's sister.
3. Who is Dr. Rivers interviewing at the opening to Chapter 4?
(d) No one.
4. What is Anderson's problem?
(a) He hears voices.
(b) He murdered his mother.
(c) He can move things with his mind that he doesn not want to do.
(d) He cannot stand the sight of blood.
5. Who does Dr. Rivers see after supper?
(d) No one; Rivers is off duty.
6. What do the poems Graves leaves with Rivers talk about?
(a) How to keep a woman loving you.
(b) The way the army uses young kids.
(c) Sassoon's feelings on the war.
(d) The look of spring in France.
7. Where does Burns sit naked?
(a) On top of the altar.
(b) In a trench full of dead men.
(c) In a circle made by the dead animals.
(d) In a circle made by the vampires.
8. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
(a) Because Broadbent's family has a great deal of influence.
(b) Because Craiglockhart is full.
(c) Because Broadbent is so deranged.
(d) So Rivers does not have to deal with the man.
9. About what do the two men talk?
(a) Their romantic encounters.
(b) Their financial standing.
(c) War scars.
(d) Their family history.
10. Where is Prior when he first goes under hypnotism?
(a) In the latrine.
(b) In a dugout awaiting orders.
(c) Making battle plans with two other officers.
(d) Playing cards with two other officers.
11. How does Prior respond to Rivers' offer to hypnotize him?
(a) He is quite anxious to have it done.
(b) He is reluctant but agrees.
(c) He says no way.
(d) He says he agrees but only if Rivers does not reveal anything to anyone else.
12. Who was worried about Burns while he was gone?
(a) His commanding officer.
(c) The nurses.
(d) His psychiatrist.
13. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
(b) That he should resign.
(c) That he should take more relaxation time.
(d) That he should request reassignment.
14. About what is Sassoon disappointed?
(a) That he is to be discharged.
(b) That his Declaration is dismissed.
(c) That he cannot get back into the war.
(d) That his Declaration is taken too seriously.
15. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
(a) A missing eyeball.
(b) A missing nose.
(c) A wound that emasculates him.
(d) A hole through the top of his skull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is delusional?
2. What did Sassoon do with the answer to question #8?
3. What does Rivers say when Sassoon asks if he is crazy?
4. What does Rivers tell Bryce about Sassoon?
5. What do most of the people believe who read Sassoon's Declaration?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)