|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
(a) Stabbing him with a butcher knife.
(b) Drowning him.
(c) Hitting him with a cricket bat.
(d) Causing pain to Henry's head.
2. What does Broadbent believe?
(a) That Dr. Rivers can cure him.
(b) That he is a British captain.
(c) That the Germans have invaded England.
(d) That Dr. Rivers wants to send him back to die.
3. Why did Sassoon want a court-martial?
(a) So he could get out of the army.
(b) To prove he is innocent.
(c) To get his story out to the public.
(d) So they would hang him.
4. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
(a) Because Broadbent's family has a great deal of influence.
(b) So Rivers does not have to deal with the man.
(c) Because Broadbent is so deranged.
(d) Because Craiglockhart is full.
5. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
(a) What he did with the answer to question #8.
(b) That he is not married.
(c) That he wants to return to the fighting.
(d) That he doesn't drinnk alcohol.
6. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
(a) He has a nightmare.
(b) He plays his trumpet down the halls.
(c) He bangs on patients' doors.
(d) He yells at the nurse in the hallway.
7. What does Sassoon notice about the taxi driver?
(a) He is staring at him in the mirror.
(b) He is wearing a uniform.
(c) He looks sick.
(d) It is a woman.
8. About what do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk that is sad?
(a) Gordon's death.
(b) Nothing; they are trying to have a good time.
(c) Prior's revelations under hypnosis.
(d) The war dragging on another winter.
9. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
(b) No particular diganosis.
(d) Parkinson's disease.
10. What causes Anderson to almost beat his golfing partner?
(a) The partner insults Anderson's mother.
(b) The partner beats Anderson at the 17th hole.
(c) The partner insults Anderson's commanding officer.
(d) The partner cheats by moving Anderson's ball.
11. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) He does not return.
12. Who is Wilfred Owen?
(a) A poet and fan of Sassoon.
(b) A new doctor.
(c) A soldier who loses his arm and leg in combat.
(d) One of Sassoon's enlisted men.
13. What does Rivers say when Sassoon asks if he is crazy?
(a) He probably is.
(b) He doesn't answer the question.
(c) He doesn't have enough information.
(d) That as far as he can tell Sassoon is sane.
14. Who does Broadbent say is ill?
(b) His sweetheart.
(c) No one.
(d) His mother.
15. What does Prior ask of Dr. Rivers again?
(a) For release to go back to the front.
(b) For a pass to go home for a few days.
(c) For hypnosis.
(d) For a discharge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Broadbent?
2. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
3. What does Sassoon think about on the train?
4. What does Dr. Rivers believe should be used as a last resort?
5. What does Campbell think about Sassoon?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)