|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wilfred Owen?
(a) A poet and fan of Sassoon.
(b) A soldier who loses his arm and leg in combat.
(c) One of Sassoon's enlisted men.
(d) A new doctor.
2. Who does Prior meet at a pub?
(a) A woman who knows Prior's sister.
(b) A woman who works in munitions.
(c) Anderson and a nurse.
(d) Sassoon and a nurse.
3. What does Prior ask of Dr. Rivers again?
(a) For a pass to go home for a few days.
(b) For a discharge.
(c) For hypnosis.
(d) For release to go back to the front.
4. Who is Second-lieutenant Prior?
(a) An officer who is charged with dereliction of duty.
(b) The new commanding officer of Company D.
(c) The dead brother of one of Craiglockhart's patients.
(d) A character introduced in Chapter 5.
5. How does Sassoon react to Dr. Rivers' taunts?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He agrees with Dr. Rivers.
(c) He becomes more despondent.
(d) He becomes angry.
6. Why does Prior apologize to Rivers?
(a) For telling Rivers he is incompetent.
(b) For insulting two nurses.
(c) For his behavior when he was drunk.
(d) He refuses to apologize.
7. Who plays golf together?
(a) Sassoon and Owen.
(b) Anderson and Prior.
(c) Anderson and Sassoon.
(d) Rivers and Prior.
8. Who is giving Dr. Rivers difficulty?
9. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Having a nightmare.
(b) Banging on other men's doors.
(c) Playing the trumpet after quiet hours.
(d) Yelling at the nurse.
10. Why hasn't Lizzie missed her husband?
(a) He doesn't qualify for the draft because he is deaf.
(b) She isn't married.
(c) He is abusive.
(d) He comes home at least once a week.
11. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
(a) A gentleman's club.
(c) The polo field.
(d) The pool hall.
12. Who was worried about Burns while he was gone?
(a) His commanding officer.
(c) The nurses.
(d) His psychiatrist.
13. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
(a) He is attacked by another patient.
(b) Nothing happens.
(c) He falls asleep and his face falls in his food.
(d) He gets sick.
14. What does Prior not remember?
(a) Where he lives.
(b) That he is in the military.
(c) The terrible thing that happened to him in the war.
(d) His name.
15. Why is Prior worried?
(a) He does not want to be reassigned.
(b) He is afraid of Dr. Rivers controlling his mind.
(c) He is afraid of Burns.
(d) He is afraid of having a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Rivers feel about the declaration from Sassoon?
2. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
3. Who is having an asthma attack?
4. What does Head to to Rivers in Dr. Rivers' dream?
5. What do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk about when Sassoon returns from swimming?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)