|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burns see where he is?
(a) Dead animals hanging from a large tree.
(b) Vampires rising out of the graves.
(c) An angel standing in front of the altar.
(d) His best friend being shot.
2. What happens to Prior at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) He regains his ability to speak.
(b) He tries to kill himself.
(c) He dies.
(d) He attacks a nurse.
3. How long is Prior confined to the hospital?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) 3 days.
4. Who is giving Dr. Rivers difficulty?
5. What does Williard believe about himself?
(a) He is a General of the Army.
(b) The war is over.
(c) He is paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) He is the King of England.
6. What does Prior ask of Dr. Rivers again?
(a) For a pass to go home for a few days.
(b) For release to go back to the front.
(c) For a discharge.
(d) For hypnosis.
7. What does Rivers tell Bryce about Sassoon?
(a) He didn't care for his arrogance.
(b) He was impressed by him and likes him.
(c) He is just a coward.
(d) He is probably crazy.
8. What does Broadbent believe?
(a) That Dr. Rivers can cure him.
(b) That Dr. Rivers wants to send him back to die.
(c) That the Germans have invaded England.
(d) That he is a British captain.
9. Why does Graves miss the train?
(a) He is late.
(b) He decided not to come.
(c) He was transferred.
(d) He broke his leg.
10. Into what does Dr. Rivers get some insight?
(a) Prior's earlier life.
(b) The way the mind can fool itself.
(c) Burns' earlier life.
(d) The way hypnotism can be inaccurate.
11. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
(a) Parkinson's disease.
(d) No particular diganosis.
12. What causes Anderson to almost beat his golfing partner?
(a) The partner beats Anderson at the 17th hole.
(b) The partner insults Anderson's commanding officer.
(c) The partner cheats by moving Anderson's ball.
(d) The partner insults Anderson's mother.
13. Who is Second-lieutenant Prior?
(a) The dead brother of one of Craiglockhart's patients.
(b) An officer who is charged with dereliction of duty.
(c) A character introduced in Chapter 5.
(d) The new commanding officer of Company D.
14. What does Sassoon do when he arrives at the steps into the hospital?
(a) Stumble over the steps.
(b) Run up the steps immediately.
(c) Pause for a moment.
(d) Sit down on the top step.
15. What does Rivers say when Sassoon asks if he is crazy?
(a) He doesn't answer the question.
(b) That as far as he can tell Sassoon is sane.
(c) He doesn't have enough information.
(d) He probably is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
2. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
3. What does Dr. Rivers believe should be used as a last resort?
4. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
5. How does Prior appear at the opening of Chapter 8?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)