|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do the two men talk?
(a) Their financial standing.
(b) Their family history.
(c) Their romantic encounters.
(d) War scars.
2. What can Prior not do?
3. About what is Sassoon disappointed?
(a) That he is to be discharged.
(b) That his Declaration is taken too seriously.
(c) That he cannot get back into the war.
(d) That his Declaration is dismissed.
4. Who is Dr. Rivers interviewing at the opening to Chapter 4?
(c) No one.
5. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) He does not return.
6. Who is Broadbent?
(a) A new nurse.
(b) The new hospital administrator.
(c) A new patient at the hospital.
(d) A new doctor at the hospital.
7. What confuses Sarah Lumb?
(a) She is not confused, just angry.
(b) Why men from the hospital receive leave to bother the local girls.
(c) Why Lizzie is interested in the same man that Sarah is.
(d) Why Prior never returns to see her when they agreed to meet again.
8. Where does Prior go?
(b) To the forest.
(c) Sick bay.
(d) Back to the front.
9. What did Sassoon do with the answer to question #8?
(a) Left it on his dresser at home.
(b) Threw it in the river.
(c) Threw it at a German soldier.
(d) Gave it to his girlfriend.
10. What is Dr. Rivers' response to Prior's request?
(a) He says Prior is not eligible for a discharge.
(b) He says the private rooms are only for the violent patients.
(c) He calls Prior's father.
(d) He refuses it.
11. What do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk about when Sassoon returns from swimming?
(b) Going home.
(c) His father and Lloyd George.
12. What mental state is more common for enlisted men than officers?
(d) Suicidal tendencies.
13. What does Prior want of Dr. Rivers?
(a) For Rivers to talk with Prior's father.
(b) An assignment to a private room.
(c) To be hypnotized.
14. Who does Dr. Rivers see after supper?
(c) No one; Rivers is off duty.
15. Who is delusional?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rivers say when Sassoon asks if he is crazy?
2. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
3. What happens to Sassoon instead of a court-martial?
4. What does Sassoon do occasionally when answering Rivers' questions?
5. What does Sassoon notice about the taxi driver?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)