|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Second-lieutenant Prior?
(a) A character introduced in Chapter 5.
(b) The dead brother of one of Craiglockhart's patients.
(c) An officer who is charged with dereliction of duty.
(d) The new commanding officer of Company D.
2. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
(b) No particular diganosis.
(d) Parkinson's disease.
3. About what does Dr. Rivers taunt Sassoon?
(a) His brother's reputation as a traitor.
(b) His father's reputation as a traitor.
(c) His mother's adulterous affair.
(d) How safe he is at the hospital.
4. How does Prior appear at the opening of Chapter 8?
(b) Healthy and alert.
(c) Worn thin.
5. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
(a) He falls asleep and his face falls in his food.
(b) Nothing happens.
(c) He is attacked by another patient.
(d) He gets sick.
6. Why did Sassoon want a court-martial?
(a) So he could get out of the army.
(b) To get his story out to the public.
(c) To prove he is innocent.
(d) So they would hang him.
7. What does Rivers say when Sassoon asks if he is crazy?
(a) He doesn't answer the question.
(b) He probably is.
(c) He doesn't have enough information.
(d) That as far as he can tell Sassoon is sane.
8. Who plays golf together?
(a) Sassoon and Owen.
(b) Anderson and Prior.
(c) Anderson and Sassoon.
(d) Rivers and Prior.
9. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
(a) A button.
(b) A medal for valor.
(c) His unit patch.
(d) His rank designator.
10. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
(a) Hazelton Asylum.
(b) Castlewood Army Base.
(d) Newington Field.
11. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
(a) 6 p.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) He does not return.
12. What does Prior ask of Dr. Rivers again?
(a) For release to go back to the front.
(b) For a pass to go home for a few days.
(c) For a discharge.
(d) For hypnosis.
13. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
(a) A wound that emasculates him.
(b) A hole through the top of his skull.
(c) A missing nose.
(d) A missing eyeball.
14. Who does Prior insult in a drunken state?
(b) His father.
(c) The hospital matron.
15. Where is the person Rivers is interviewing a patient?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
2. About what is Sassoon disappointed?
3. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
4. Who is delusional?
5. Who is having an asthma attack?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)