|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Prior appear at the opening of Chapter 8?
(b) Healthy and alert.
(c) Worn thin.
2. What do the poems Graves leaves with Rivers talk about?
(a) The way the army uses young kids.
(b) Sassoon's feelings on the war.
(c) The look of spring in France.
(d) How to keep a woman loving you.
3. How is Prior affecting his roommate?
(a) He is making the roommate laugh.
(b) He is causing the roommate to start believing in ghosts.
(c) Prior's nightmares are keeping the roommate awake.
(d) He is scaring the roommate.
4. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
(b) Newington Field.
(c) Castlewood Army Base.
(d) Hazelton Asylum.
5. What do Sassoon and Dr. Rivers talk about when Sassoon returns from swimming?
(c) His father and Lloyd George.
(d) Going home.
6. Into what does Dr. Rivers get some insight?
(a) Burns' earlier life.
(b) Prior's earlier life.
(c) The way hypnotism can be inaccurate.
(d) The way the mind can fool itself.
7. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
(a) A button.
(b) A medal for valor.
(c) His rank designator.
(d) His unit patch.
8. What happens to Burns at the mess hall?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) He is attacked by another patient.
(c) He falls asleep and his face falls in his food.
(d) He gets sick.
9. Who does Prior meet at a pub?
(a) Anderson and a nurse.
(b) A woman who works in munitions.
(c) A woman who knows Prior's sister.
(d) Sassoon and a nurse.
10. Who does Broadbent want to visit?
(a) His own doctor.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His sweetheart.
11. About what do the two men talk?
(a) Their romantic encounters.
(b) War scars.
(c) Their financial standing.
(d) Their family history.
12. Where does Burns sit naked?
(a) In a circle made by the vampires.
(b) On top of the altar.
(c) In a circle made by the dead animals.
(d) In a trench full of dead men.
13. How does Prior respond to Rivers' offer to hypnotize him?
(a) He is quite anxious to have it done.
(b) He says no way.
(c) He says he agrees but only if Rivers does not reveal anything to anyone else.
(d) He is reluctant but agrees.
14. How long is Prior confined to the hospital?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A month.
(d) 3 days.
15. What book has Prior been reading?
(a) Dr. Rivers' book on hypnosis.
(b) A comic book.
(c) A book on hypochondria.
(d) A book about the paranormal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sassoon instead of a court-martial?
2. What does Sassoon notice about the taxi driver?
3. What does Head to to Rivers in Dr. Rivers' dream?
4. What does Dr. Rivers believe should be used as a last resort?
5. What does Rivers think Sassoon might be experiencing?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)