|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Anderson to almost beat his golfing partner?
(a) The partner insults Anderson's mother.
(b) The partner beats Anderson at the 17th hole.
(c) The partner insults Anderson's commanding officer.
(d) The partner cheats by moving Anderson's ball.
2. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Playing the trumpet after quiet hours.
(b) Yelling at the nurse.
(c) Banging on other men's doors.
(d) Having a nightmare.
3. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
(a) So Rivers does not have to deal with the man.
(b) Because Craiglockhart is full.
(c) Because Broadbent's family has a great deal of influence.
(d) Because Broadbent is so deranged.
4. Who is Dr. Rivers interviewing at the opening to Chapter 4?
(b) No one.
5. Who does Broadbent say is ill?
(a) His mother.
(b) No one.
(c) His sweetheart.
6. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
(a) A button.
(b) A medal for valor.
(c) His rank designator.
(d) His unit patch.
7. What mental state is more common for enlisted men than officers?
(b) Suicidal tendencies.
8. What does Prior want of Dr. Rivers?
(a) To be hypnotized.
(c) For Rivers to talk with Prior's father.
(d) An assignment to a private room.
9. Who plays golf together?
(a) Rivers and Prior.
(b) Anderson and Prior.
(c) Sassoon and Owen.
(d) Anderson and Sassoon.
10. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
(a) A missing eyeball.
(b) A wound that emasculates him.
(c) A hole through the top of his skull.
(d) A missing nose.
11. Who does Prior meet at a pub?
(a) Sassoon and a nurse.
(b) A woman who works in munitions.
(c) Anderson and a nurse.
(d) A woman who knows Prior's sister.
12. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
(a) Stabbing him with a butcher knife.
(b) Hitting him with a cricket bat.
(c) Drowning him.
(d) Causing pain to Henry's head.
13. Why is Prior worried?
(a) He is afraid of having a heart attack.
(b) He is afraid of Dr. Rivers controlling his mind.
(c) He is afraid of Burns.
(d) He does not want to be reassigned.
14. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) He does not return.
15. What does Rivers think Sassoon might be experiencing?
(a) Too much fear.
(b) Some distress.
(c) A mid-life crisis.
(d) A religious conversion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prior wake up most of the people in the hospital?
2. What does Prior find when he returns to the fire bay after a shell hits it?
3. Where do Sassoon and Graves go for some recreation?
4. What does Rivers think about as he prepares to sleep the night of Prior's hypnotism?
5. What does Williard believe about himself?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)