|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Second-lieutenant Prior?
(a) The dead brother of one of Craiglockhart's patients.
(b) A character introduced in Chapter 5.
(c) An officer who is charged with dereliction of duty.
(d) The new commanding officer of Company D.
2. Why does Prior apologize to Rivers?
(a) For telling Rivers he is incompetent.
(b) For his behavior when he was drunk.
(c) For insulting two nurses.
(d) He refuses to apologize.
3. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
(b) Parkinson's disease.
(c) No particular diganosis.
4. How does Sassoon feel towards civilians?
(a) He is indifferent to them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He likes them.
(d) He envies them.
5. What is Dr. Rivers' response to Prior's request?
(a) He refuses it.
(b) He says Prior is not eligible for a discharge.
(c) He says the private rooms are only for the violent patients.
(d) He calls Prior's father.
6. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
(a) Causing pain to Henry's head.
(b) Stabbing him with a butcher knife.
(c) Hitting him with a cricket bat.
(d) Drowning him.
7. Who plays golf together?
(a) Sassoon and Owen.
(b) Anderson and Sassoon.
(c) Rivers and Prior.
(d) Anderson and Prior.
8. What strikes Rivers as odd about Sassoon?
(a) That he wants to return to the fighting.
(b) That he is not married.
(c) What he did with the answer to question #8.
(d) That he doesn't drinnk alcohol.
9. Where is Prior when he first goes under hypnotism?
(a) In a dugout awaiting orders.
(b) Making battle plans with two other officers.
(c) In the latrine.
(d) Playing cards with two other officers.
10. Who is delusional?
11. What does Sassoon do occasionally when answering Rivers' questions?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Closes his eyes.
(c) Spits on the floor.
(d) Becomes hostile.
12. Why does Graves miss the train?
(a) He broke his leg.
(b) He decided not to come.
(c) He was transferred.
(d) He is late.
13. What does Rivers think about as he prepares to sleep the night of Prior's hypnotism?
(a) Rivers needs a vacation.
(b) Prior's confession.
(c) His sister who is killed driving an ambulance.
(d) His brother who is killed the year before.
14. What confuses Sarah Lumb?
(a) Why Prior never returns to see her when they agreed to meet again.
(b) She is not confused, just angry.
(c) Why men from the hospital receive leave to bother the local girls.
(d) Why Lizzie is interested in the same man that Sarah is.
15. What does Graves tell Dr. Rivers about Sassoon's board decision?
(a) He wanted Sassoon to be court-martialed.
(b) He lied to Sassoon about it.
(c) He didn't know the board would send Sassoon there.
(d) He had no connection to the board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Burns go?
2. Why did Sassoon want a court-martial?
3. Who is Dr. Rivers interviewing at the opening to Chapter 4?
4. What can Prior not do?
5. Who is Henry Head?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)