|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henry Head?
(a) The dean at the medical school from which Rivers graduates.
(b) The custodian at the hospital.
(c) An old friend of Dr. Rivers'.
(d) Rivers's father's best friend.
2. What does Sassoon do when he arrives at the steps into the hospital?
(a) Sit down on the top step.
(b) Pause for a moment.
(c) Run up the steps immediately.
(d) Stumble over the steps.
3. What does Burns see where he is?
(a) Vampires rising out of the graves.
(b) An angel standing in front of the altar.
(c) Dead animals hanging from a large tree.
(d) His best friend being shot.
4. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
(b) Newington Field.
(c) Castlewood Army Base.
(d) Hazelton Asylum.
5. Where does Prior go?
(a) To the forest.
(c) Sick bay.
(d) Back to the front.
6. Who is Second-lieutenant Prior?
(a) The new commanding officer of Company D.
(b) A character introduced in Chapter 5.
(c) The dead brother of one of Craiglockhart's patients.
(d) An officer who is charged with dereliction of duty.
7. Who comes to visit at the hospital?
(a) Dr. River's parents.
(b) Sassoon's father.
(c) Prior's parents.
(d) Burns's mother.
8. What does the boy a couple beds away from Sassoon have in a previous hospitalization experience?
(a) A hole through the top of his skull.
(b) A missing nose.
(c) A missing eyeball.
(d) A wound that emasculates him.
9. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
(a) Stabbing him with a butcher knife.
(b) Causing pain to Henry's head.
(c) Hitting him with a cricket bat.
(d) Drowning him.
10. About what does Dr. Rivers taunt Sassoon?
(a) His father's reputation as a traitor.
(b) His mother's adulterous affair.
(c) His brother's reputation as a traitor.
(d) How safe he is at the hospital.
11. Where does Burns sit naked?
(a) On top of the altar.
(b) In a trench full of dead men.
(c) In a circle made by the vampires.
(d) In a circle made by the dead animals.
12. Why is Prior worried?
(a) He is afraid of Dr. Rivers controlling his mind.
(b) He does not want to be reassigned.
(c) He is afraid of Burns.
(d) He is afraid of having a heart attack.
13. Who does Prior meet at a pub?
(a) A woman who knows Prior's sister.
(b) A woman who works in munitions.
(c) Anderson and a nurse.
(d) Sassoon and a nurse.
14. What does the letter Dr. Rivers is reading say?
(a) He is being moved to a the hospital.
(b) His sister is sick.
(c) He is receiving another patient.
(d) The writer will no longer fight in the war.
15. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
(a) Prior has asthma.
(b) It sets a bad example for the enlisted men.
(c) The doctor is afraid for Prior to have matches in his state of mind.
(d) It smells bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Prior confined to the hospital?
2. Why does Rivers reassign Broadbent?
3. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
4. What was Anderson's former occupation?
5. Who is Dr. Rivers interviewing at the opening to Chapter 4?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)