|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sassoon react to Dr. Rivers' taunts?
(a) He agrees with Dr. Rivers.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He becomes more despondent.
(d) He becomes angry.
2. What does Dr. Rivers believe should be used as a last resort?
(a) Shock therapy.
(b) Gesalt therapy.
3. What does Dr. Brock suggest to Dr. Rivers?
(a) That he should request reassignment.
(b) That he should resign.
(c) That he should leave Sassoon alone.
(d) That he should take more relaxation time.
4. What does Rivers think about as he prepares to sleep the night of Prior's hypnotism?
(a) Rivers needs a vacation.
(b) Prior's confession.
(c) His brother who is killed the year before.
(d) His sister who is killed driving an ambulance.
5. Why is Prior worried?
(a) He does not want to be reassigned.
(b) He is afraid of Burns.
(c) He is afraid of Dr. Rivers controlling his mind.
(d) He is afraid of having a heart attack.
6. Who is delusional?
7. What happens to Prior at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) He tries to kill himself.
(b) He dies.
(c) He regains his ability to speak.
(d) He attacks a nurse.
8. About what is Sassoon disappointed?
(a) That he is to be discharged.
(b) That he cannot get back into the war.
(c) That his Declaration is dismissed.
(d) That his Declaration is taken too seriously.
9. What happens to Sassoon instead of a court-martial?
(a) He is put on leave.
(b) He is going to the war office.
(c) He is discharged from the service.
(d) He is declared insane.
10. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Banging on other men's doors.
(b) Yelling at the nurse.
(c) Having a nightmare.
(d) Playing the trumpet after quiet hours.
11. What confuses Sarah Lumb?
(a) Why Lizzie is interested in the same man that Sarah is.
(b) She is not confused, just angry.
(c) Why Prior never returns to see her when they agreed to meet again.
(d) Why men from the hospital receive leave to bother the local girls.
12. How does Dr. Rivers feel about the declaration from Sassoon?
(a) It is illogical.
(b) It is delusional.
(c) It is misguided.
(d) It is illegal.
13. What does Sassoon do occasionally when answering Rivers' questions?
(a) Becomes hostile.
(b) Spits on the floor.
(c) Closes his eyes.
(d) Falls asleep.
14. What is Dr. Rivers doing to Henry Head in Dr. Rivers' dream?
(a) Hitting him with a cricket bat.
(b) Causing pain to Henry's head.
(c) Drowning him.
(d) Stabbing him with a butcher knife.
15. What does Sassoon notice about the taxi driver?
(a) He is wearing a uniform.
(b) It is a woman.
(c) He is staring at him in the mirror.
(d) He looks sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Graves tell Dr. Rivers about Sassoon's board decision?
2. Who is giving Dr. Rivers difficulty?
3. What is missing from Sassoon's uniform?
4. About what do the two men talk?
5. Why does Prior apologize to Rivers?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)