|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does Dr. Rivers get some insight?
(a) Prior's earlier life.
(b) The way the mind can fool itself.
(c) The way hypnotism can be inaccurate.
(d) Burns' earlier life.
2. Who is Henry Head?
(a) The custodian at the hospital.
(b) An old friend of Dr. Rivers'.
(c) The dean at the medical school from which Rivers graduates.
(d) Rivers's father's best friend.
3. What happens to Sassoon instead of a court-martial?
(a) He is put on leave.
(b) He is declared insane.
(c) He is discharged from the service.
(d) He is going to the war office.
4. What does Prior deny to Dr. Rivers?
(a) Playing the trumpet after quiet hours.
(b) Banging on other men's doors.
(c) Having a nightmare.
(d) Yelling at the nurse.
5. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers think Prior should smoke?
(a) Prior has asthma.
(b) The doctor is afraid for Prior to have matches in his state of mind.
(c) It smells bad.
(d) It sets a bad example for the enlisted men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Prior meet at a pub?
2. What times does Burns return to the hospital?
3. Why hasn't Lizzie missed her husband?
4. What does Broadbent believe?
5. Why does Graves miss the train?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)