Part 1, Chapter 1-3
1. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
(b) Castlewood Army Base.
(c) Hazelton Asylum.
(d) Newington Field.
2. Who wrote the letter Dr. Rivers is reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(d) Robert Graves.
3. What does the letter Dr. Rivers is reading say?
(a) His sister is sick.
(b) He is being moved to a the hospital.
(c) The writer will no longer fight in the war.
(d) He is receiving another patient.
4. With what is the letter writer diagnosed?
(b) No particular diganosis.
(d) Parkinson's disease.
5. Why does Graves miss the train?
(a) He broke his leg.
(b) He is late.
(c) He was transferred.
(d) He decided not to come.
6. What does Sassoon think about on the train?
(a) His brother's death.
(b) His mother's funeral.
(c) His last conversation with Graves.
(d) Going to the front next month.
7. What does Sassoon notice about the taxi driver?
(a) He looks sick.
(b) It is a woman.
(c) He is wearing a uniform.
(d) He is staring at him in the mirror.
This section contains 4,639 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)